+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Cardiff City 2 - 1 Portsmouth. AET. Match thread

Re: Cardiff City v Portsmouth. Match thread

Thank fcuk for that. Made very hard work for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    He looks a little like Sammy Ameobi (without the asthma)
    Yes. Yes he does.

Re: FT: Cardiff City 2 - 1 Portsmouth. AET

Mendez-Laing could be the star player in this team along with Zohore

Morrison, great captain and player. Kennedy pips NML for my stand-out player. Pilkington however...oh dear me, glad he missed the 2nd half.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Written off after 10 minutes a new record for ccmb
    Seem to forget the infamous 'Kenny Miller' thread by Steve R. Written off before he even kicked a ball!

Just back. Looking at body language and ability (not at how fluid we were as a team) I think Pilks needs to leave now. It was no surprise he was taken off for NM-L at half time. First time I'd seen Nathaniel and he looks the real deal. Quick, powerful and good technique. I expect him to start v Villa.

Other new players to look comfortable were Tomlin and Ward, both of whom look like they'll have an impact this season - though Ward looked slightly off the pace for a while.

Damour shows promise but was a little wayward with his passing at times - though did put some good play together too to be fair.

Other players:

Richards, Morrison and Manga all looked comfortable for most of the night bar Morrison's bizarre own goal.

Kennedy and Meite are still too lightweight but Meite is quick to make up for being easily pushed around. Kennedy is frustratingly close to being a good player and I hope will get there over the course of this season. He just needs to learn how to be quicker in thought and more direct. Hopefully he'll learn a bit from NM-L.

Murphy looked a little anxious at times but could do nothing with the goal. His goal-kicking is no better than Etheridge's sounds to be...

Ralls was solid when he came on and I expect him to start v Villa alongside Gunnarsson and Tomlin in midfield, unless Bamba is brought in to sit in front of Manga and Morrison.

Hoillett took a few minutes to get into the game but threatened to score a stunning goal off one long-through ball. However, his finishing has not improved since last year and I sense another lack of goals from this source this season. Good solid contribution though and will start v Villa.

Overall, a fairly crap game until the second half of extra time when we suddenly came to life and got a deserved winner. Nice to finally progress in a Cup again though!

Looking forward to Villa to see what our full team plays like

EDIT: Forgot O'Keefe - which says it all really...

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    He looks a little like Sammy Ameobi (without the asthma)
    I said to my boy when he came on that he looked like Sammy Ameobi without the inhaler

No one will buy Pilkington on that performance. Apart from the rare long range goal he offers nothing. The sooner him and Noone are off the books the better. O'Keefe did okay but I'd rather Ledley.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Other new players to look comfortable were Tomlin and Ward, both of whom look like they'll have an impact this season - though Ward looked slightly off the pace for a while.
    Now I thought Tomlin was anonymous early on, but found his trickery in the second half. Ward had a bit of presence with a couple of headers for the 90 mins but turned into a bull in extra time and was much more physical.

Kennedy did well, but Mendez-Laing is the man. Speed, power, talent, goals. With him and Zohore we are starting to build one hell of a front line.

First half was pretty poor but I enjoyed the rest of the game. When we stopped hoofing it and got it down on the deck, I thought we played some decent stuff against a hard working Pompey defence. Kennedy and NML stood out, Tomlin played a few clever balls in and around the box. If big Ken had been playing I'm sure we would have won fairly comfortably.

Jacks at home next please.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    First half was pretty poor but I enjoyed the rest of the game. When we stopped hoofing it and got it down on the deck, I thought we played some decent stuff against a hard working Pompey defence. Kennedy and NML stood out, Tomlin played a few clever balls in and around the box. If big Ken had been playing I'm sure we would have won fairly comfortably.

Jacks at home next please.
    Can't happen. We are both seeded.

2nd round draw is not regionalised but we cannot face any side that finished above us last season in the Championship and no Premier League teams.

It will be a lower Championship side or any team left from Leagues 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Can't happen. We are both seeded.

2nd round draw is not regionalised but we cannot face any side that finished above us last season in the Championship and no Premier League teams.

It will be a lower Championship side or any team left from Leagues 1 and 2
    Oh, that's a shame. Tinpot County then. As long as they behave themselves.

Re: FT: Cardiff City 2 - 1 Portsmouth. AET. Match thread

just back after a post match drinky and smokey lol
    pretty dire 1st half and unlucky own goal
    wow what a sub NML changed the game (my MOM ) I think it was his first touch too
    city could of picked out a gem here wouldn't be supprised if he got game time against villa he does look special
    once we started to play it on the floor we did look decent
    tomlin showed good touches
    theres plenty more to come from this side
    kennedy showed promise bearing in mind lack of game time

can you imagine the half time rollocking id of loved to have been a fly on the wall
    I wonder if NW threatened to run them over in his tractor
    keep it going city well done indeed