Just back. Looking at body language and ability (not at how fluid we were as a team) I think Pilks needs to leave now. It was no surprise he was taken off for NM-L at half time. First time I'd seen Nathaniel and he looks the real deal. Quick, powerful and good technique. I expect him to start v Villa.

Other new players to look comfortable were Tomlin and Ward, both of whom look like they'll have an impact this season - though Ward looked slightly off the pace for a while.

Damour shows promise but was a little wayward with his passing at times - though did put some good play together too to be fair.

Other players:

Richards, Morrison and Manga all looked comfortable for most of the night bar Morrison's bizarre own goal.

Kennedy and Meite are still too lightweight but Meite is quick to make up for being easily pushed around. Kennedy is frustratingly close to being a good player and I hope will get there over the course of this season. He just needs to learn how to be quicker in thought and more direct. Hopefully he'll learn a bit from NM-L.

Murphy looked a little anxious at times but could do nothing with the goal. His goal-kicking is no better than Etheridge's sounds to be...

Ralls was solid when he came on and I expect him to start v Villa alongside Gunnarsson and Tomlin in midfield, unless Bamba is brought in to sit in front of Manga and Morrison.

Hoillett took a few minutes to get into the game but threatened to score a stunning goal off one long-through ball. However, his finishing has not improved since last year and I sense another lack of goals from this source this season. Good solid contribution though and will start v Villa.

Overall, a fairly crap game until the second half of extra time when we suddenly came to life and got a deserved winner. Nice to finally progress in a Cup again though!

Looking forward to Villa to see what our full team plays like