+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Hudson retires

Mark Hudson retires

A true leader and paramount in our promotion. Him and Ben Turner were as good as Johnson and Loovens for me.

https://instagram.com/p/BXiE7USA5aA/

Hope to see him at Whitts' testimonial whenever that may be.

Re: Mark Hudson retires

A top championship defender, one of the best centre halves to play for city in the modern era.

The next time anyone on here pretends they're an authority on football just remember 90 percent of posters thought Anthony Gerrard was better than him.

Scorer of CCS's best goal?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3IeDoUuy98

A true leader of men who didnt deserve to leave the way he did. Treated despicably by the club at the time. Thankfully we seem to be a much more cohesive unit on and off the pitch these days.

Wish him well in his future endeavours.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    A top championship defender, one of the best centre halves to play for city in the modern era.

The next time anyone on here pretends they're an authority on football just remember 90 percent of posters thought Anthony Gerrard was better than him.
    I remember 90% (if not more) thought we overpaid for him for the first 12 months he was he but I don't recall Gerrard being rated higher?

A top centre half and leader of men. Will never forget that goal! I was stood right in line with it in the Canton. You could see it was in the second it left his boot

Thanks for the memories Mark

A great captain and should never been allowed to go when he did, I wish him all the best with his coaching

Took a fair bit of undeserved stick from some fans in his first season here, but he never hid, always showed up and gave 100%. Was a fine captain and a terrific centre half for us and came across as a really decent bloke on and off the pitch.

I would love to see him involved at our club in some capacity.

A fine captain of the club.

I reckon he could make a very good coach. I'd say Hudson was our most consistent player in the promotion season and, off the top of my head, he was the best captain the club has had in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I reckon he could make a very good coach. I'd say Hudson was our most consistent player in the promotion season and, off the top of my head, he was the best captain the club has had in the last decade.
    Yes agree Bob, best captain since Kav.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    A true leader of men who didnt deserve to leave the way he did. Treated despicably by the club at the time. Thankfully we seem to be a much more cohesive unit on and off the pitch these days.

Wish him well in his future endeavours.
    Thought Malky started his club devaluation, if Wes Morgan could be given a place at Leicester in the premier so should have Hudson for Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thought Malky started his club devaluation, if Wes Morgan could be given a place at Leicester in the premier so should have Hudson for Cardiff.

It was nothing to do MM and everything to do with VT. The owner had become slightly unhinged by that point and started interfering in the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    It was nothing to do MM and everything to do with VT. The owner had become slightly unhinged by that point and started interfering in the first team.
    I don't think it got to that level ,yes he had some say , however Malky at that early stage was in a postion of strength,anyway if he had any balls which apparently he did and when you look at the fall out between them he displayed that , he only had to say, hey I can save you some dosh as this lad is good enough to play.

Same decision was made on Rudi , money was available let's spend it , and in my view if could have been spent a bit more wisely , balanced with the bedrock of the team that took us up.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I presented the award for goal of the season for that effort, only Mark wasn't at the award ceremony as his wife was running in the London marathon the next day, so Boggy Marshall received it on his behalf.

On my few meetings with him, he was an absolute top bloke & not shy of buying the beers!

Legend. We missed a leader like him when we failed to properly replace him.

Great upstairs and down

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Legend. We missed a leader like him when we failed to properly replace him.
    He is.
    We did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A true leader and paramount in our promotion. Him and Ben Turner were as good as Johnson and Loovens for me.

https://instagram.com/p/BXiE7USA5aA/

Hope to see him at Whitts' testimonial whenever that may be.
    a true pro mate in the real sense of the word
    now that's a city player that will be remembered in 20 years time and that goal too

Didn't his wife tweet something nice when they left Cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Didn't his wife tweet something nice when they left Cardiff?
    She did yes...... about the supporters and his love for the club
    But did not conceal her sadness at the way huds was treated being given 3 days to find another club before the transfer window expired. VT and his stoogies work
    Last edited by chepstow; 09-08-17 at 08:52. Reason: Mis spelt words