+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ledley

Joe Ledley

Seems strange to me that Ledley hasn't yet got himself a club. Surely by leaving it so late will be behind with fitness etc. I'm not saying we particularly need him but I think for sake of Wales need him to get a club sooner rather than later.

Re: Joe Ledley

Perhaps his clever agent who managed his lucrative departure from Cardiff is waiting for a Robson Kanu moment.

Its all about the money ,money ,money.

or he could be holding out for an approach from us.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Seems strange to me that Ledley hasn't yet got himself a club. Surely by leaving it so late will be behind with fitness etc. I'm not saying we particularly need him but I think for sake of Wales need him to get a club sooner rather than later.
    I was thinking the same earlier. I hope that he finds a club very soon & gets some game-time as he is needed for the Austria game with Joe Allen suspended.

He would massively improve our midfield. Not many teams in this division could compete with Ledley and Gunnar, then Tomlin pulling the strings ahead of them.
    Shame we won't pay the wages he wants.

Greed might have something to do with it. At his age he is not much of a catch so needs to be realistic about the amount he can earn.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    He would massively improve our midfield. Not many teams in this division could compete with Ledley and Gunnar, then Tomlin pulling the strings ahead of them.
    Shame we won't pay the wages he wants.
    I agree that Ledley would be a great signing for us so maybe he doesn't want to sign for us or we can't afford him or Warnock doesn't think he is better than we already have. I suspect that it is the last one but maybe the way Ralls appeared to struggle v Burton might prompt Warnock think again.

I do think ledley would improve us but not sure he is worth spending the money in that particular area

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    or he could be holding out for an approach from us.
    According to some (****) the deal was 99% done for him to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    no thank you mate
    plus I think his wages will be a stumbling block

I would like him back if only to raise the number of Welsh players in the squad. We need to get a bit of identity for ourselves. We're slowly turning into a reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    When will folk ever learn 😴😴

Yeh and according to CCMB you're Phill Stants brother

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Yeh and according to CCMB you're Phill Stants brother
    And you're Carl Dales Mole?

A username is made up you dickhead, what was said over there they believed 100%. There's a difference.

And you're Carl Dales Mole?

A nickname is made up you dickhead, what was said over there they believed 100%. There's a difference.
    Whoosh

I am led to believe we cant afford him.

Perhaps if he isnt in demand his worth might drop a bit?

I would love to see Joe back with us .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am led to believe we cant afford him.

Perhaps if he isnt in demand his worth might drop a bit?

I would love to see Joe back with us .
    Just what we need - an over 30 midfielder whose legs are going, is injury prone and who left us stating he wanted to play in the premier league but signed for a club, presumably for the money, in a one horse second rate league in Scotland.

Maybe a case of heart ruling the head, but I'd love to have him back, but only if wages are realistic. A lot depends on how he would fit in with the current squad.

Is Joe training with any club, pre-season?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just what we need - an over 30 midfielder whose legs are going, is injury prone and who left us stating he wanted to play in the premier league but signed for a club, presumably for the money, in a one horse second rate league in Scotland.
    Do you take lemon to help with your bitterness?

Why shouldn't he have moved to better himself?
    Why are you worried where he went too? Champions league football may have been a bearing.

Do you feel he is over the hill when he plays for Wales, have you seen anything to suggest his legs are going?
    To be fair pace isnt his greatest asset .

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Maybe a case of heart ruling the head, but I'd love to have him back, but only if wages are realistic. A lot depends on how he would fit in with the current squad.
    I was going to add , how would he fit into the current team?

If we was prepared to pay Joe's wages I would rather that on a decent player on loan. I don't see what he would offer us

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I was going to add , how would he fit into the current team?
    Nice problem to have, I guess it would be him or Gunnar? More to the point, they seem like a well bonded unit at the moment, would they see him as a "big time charlie" and upset the dynamic?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I agree that Ledley would be a great signing for us so maybe he doesn't want to sign for us or we can't afford him or Warnock doesn't think he is better than we already have. I suspect that it is the last one but maybe the way Ralls appeared to struggle v Burton might prompt Warnock think again.
    He was a decent, tidy player for us at this level but can't remember games where he really bossed midfield. Granted he's probably more of an underrated player who enables others to play better, like Mark Bonner did many years ago but even so...

Would I want Ledley back over Damour, Ralls? Not really; we've only a finite amount of money, I'd rather address other areas of the squad.

I'd take Ledley over Ralls