+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: consumer rights question

consumer rights question

Bought a garden storage box on Amazon. Delivered today and damaged in several places. Shop has offered to replace damaged parts by return [ only 6 sections, 5 damaged].

I'd happilly accept their offer, but having seen the product 'in the flesh', it's tatty, and also too small for what we need.

Question is this - can I request a refund [they to arrange collection], or are they within their rights to offer me a new one which I have to accept ?

Thanks in anticipation..

Re: consumer rights question

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bought a garden storage box on Amazon. Delivered today and damaged in several places. Shop has offered to replace damaged parts by return [ only 6 sections, 5 damaged].

I'd happilly accept their offer, but having seen the product 'in the flesh', it's tatty, and also too small for what we need.

Question is this - can I request a refund [they to arrange collection], or are they within their rights to offer me a new one which I have to accept ?

Thanks in anticipation..
    Just don't accept their offer. I have never had a problem when doing so.

Tell them to collect it, when buying online or by phone you have 14 days to return it or they collect it. It comes under the long distance selling regulations. As long as you inform them withing the 14 days it does not matter when they collect it. Amazon are pretty good with returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just don't accept their offer. I have never had a problem when doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Tell them to collect it, when buying online or by phone you have 14 days to return it or they collect it. It comes under the long distance selling regulations. As long as you inform them withing the 14 days it does not matter when they collect it. Amazon are pretty good with returns.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Thanks in anticipation..

You must have an awfully small garden, to be able to store it in a box !