+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Technology that has gone backwards.

Blog Entries

Re: Technology that has gone backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Does Steve use them then?
    No, I used to have a pair before I stupidly sold them, not sure why you would assume that they would be Steve's.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Does Steve use them then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    No, I used to have a pair before I stupidly sold them, not sure why you would assume that they would be Steve's.
    Steve just puts a Spotify playlist on and then ****s off for a fag. Everyone knows that.

Broadband in the UK. Languishing in 31st place, below such tech giants as, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Slovenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Housebuilding
    This

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Steve just puts a Spotify playlist on and then ****s off for a fag. Everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Broadband in the UK. Languishing in 31st place, below such tech giants as, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Slovenia.
    Heres a theory based on a true story.

We were once pioneers.

Which meant our once pioneering infrastructure was becoming outdated and obsolete by the time many other (previously rather lagging behind) countries decided to get all 21st Century.

In short, they all but started from scratch with new, we were saddled with an existing obsolete infrastructure that would cost a fortune to overhaul. More than could be recouped.

I think we are catching up. Sloooowly.

Policing.

Dealing with crime in general seems to have gone backwards.
    Probably unfair to say a total reliance on technology to do police work, but not far off.

Also, remember the old adage 'nip it in the bud'? Clip round the ear if caught playing rat-a-tat ginger aka postman's knock by the local bobby ("the what?" you young uns may ask) usually enough to make a would be killer think again!

Grrr!

Technology that has gone backwards =
    Cars that reverse

Cos you mentioned them

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Technology that has gone backwards =
    Cars that reverse
    Do they run on coconut oil?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Policing.

Dealing with crime in general seems to have gone backwards.
    Probably unfair to say a total reliance on technology to do police work, but not far off.

Also, remember the old adage 'nip it in the bud'? Clip round the ear if caught playing rat-a-tat ginger aka postman's knock by the local bobby ("the what?" you young uns may ask) usually enough to make a would be killer think again!

Grrr!
    If the phantom local bobby gave a misbehaving kid a clip round the ear these days, there'd be a court case for compensation, and the bobby would lose his job.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If the phantom local bobby gave a misbehaving kid a clip round the ear these days, there'd be a court case for compensation, and the bobby would lose his job.
    I'm joining you in the 's
    Though even back in the day it wasn't pc to do such a thing, a stern telling off with a "next time I will be calling on your parents" would have the same effect.

if there was someone walking the beat today and a clip was called for, he'd have technology in the form of cameras all over the place homing in on his misdemenour and society up in arms.

On this subject and a little off topic, I do have some sympathy for the police in certain situations and the PC brigade are more than partly to blame for social attitudes towards them.
    Convenient to hide behind though?

Anyway, it seems that it's far more cost effective to wait til the crime develops sufficiently so that the latest in police technology intervene, the good old police helecopter can be scrambled.

Though even back in the day it wasn't pc to do such a thing, a stern telling off with a "next time I will be calling on your parents" would have the same effect.

if there was someone walking the beat today and a clip was called for, he'd have technology in the form of cameras all over the place homing in on his misdemenour and society up in arms.

On this subject and a little off topic, I do have some sympathy for the police in certain situations and the PC brigade are more than partly to blame for social attitudes towards them.

Anyway, it seems that it's far more cost effective to wait til the crime develops sufficiently so that the latest in police technology intervene, the good old police helecopter can be scrambled.
    They're called the police force nowadays, not the pc brigade!

League cup draws

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

We were once pioneers.

Which meant our once pioneering infrastructure was becoming outdated and obsolete by the time many other (previously rather lagging behind) countries decided to get all 21st Century.

In short, they all but started from scratch with new, we were saddled with an existing obsolete infrastructure that would cost a fortune to overhaul. More than could be recouped.

As a country we have never looked/built for the long term, everything has been for the short term. This is the reason why, if we’d looked long term things wouldn’t be costing a fortune. Won the wars twice against the Germans, but lost the peace.

1210's
    Things have improved quite dramatically since the Middles Ages.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Things have improved quite dramatically since the Middles Ages.
    The decks not the year.

Crime is probably lower now than it was back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

We were once pioneers.

The existing obsolete infrastructure wasn't being updated due to BT having no reason to invest and improve it. Openreach was and is an utter joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Do they run on coconut oil?
    Coconut Oil and reversing ,never made that type of connection before