+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Cardiff Reds? A brief thought.

The Cardiff Reds? A brief thought.

I've got an idea that I wonder people's thoughts on to boost the profile and support of Cardiff City FC. Quite radical so bear with me.

I'm pretty sick of the lack of synergy between Cardiff (metropolis) and cardiff City (football team) and Wales as a whole. With the potential now the removal of the bridge tolls in 2018 and effectively removing the arbitrary yet effective boundary we have the potential to lose the whole east side of our support; potentially to the Wurzels.

Why don't we team up with Cardiff (the City) and the WRU (the shits) and change our colours to red? We can plaster the area in one colour summarising the support to our flag colours rather than clashing with the converse blue colour, almost permanently stuck with retro yet rudimentary 3D glasses on.

The copying of the national flags colours then will encapsulate the far flung support from patriotic but simple places such as Ferndale and Blaina. Red is good, it's lucky in wales, look at the Wales national teams. White (jacks, boo) and Green (hideous) would just not be suitable, and anyway. Red is so much nicer as a colour.

Renaming possible too. We could be the Cardiff Red Dragons? The club team of Wales? Endless marketing options. Cymru am beth.

Re: The Cardiff Reds? A brief thought.

Not a bad idea, needs a catchphrase though.. how about Fire and Passion?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I've got an idea that I wonder people's thoughts on to boost the profile and support of Cardiff City FC. Quite radical so bear with me.

I'm pretty sick of the lack of synergy between Cardiff (metropolis) and cardiff City (football team) and Wales as a whole. With the potential now the removal of the bridge tolls in 2018 and effectively removing the arbitrary yet effective boundary we have the potential to lose the whole east side of our support; potentially to the Wurzels.

Why don't we team up with Cardiff (the City) and the WRU (the shits) and change our colours to red? We can plaster the area in one colour summarising the support to our flag colours rather than clashing with the converse blue colour, almost permanently stuck with retro yet rudimentary 3D glasses on.

The copying of the national flags colours then will encapsulate the far flung support from patriotic but simple places such as Ferndale and Blaina. Red is good, it's lucky in wales, look at the Wales national teams. White (jacks, boo) and Green (hideous) would just not be suitable, and anyway. Red is so much nicer as a colour.

Renaming possible too. We could be the Cardiff Red Dragons? The club team of Wales? Endless marketing options. Cymru am beth.
    Great idea. If it could come with a red or dead message too, that will kill any opposition.

I would love to see us playing in red again. It goes with the grass so much better than blue.