Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
I actually think whittingham would work quite well in this side against teams we were supposed to beat. Surprising how much better his type of player (same for mcphail too) look better in a good hard working midfield.

I think it's shameful how people who've always had agendas like Eric and Nick are revelling in one of our best ever players getting on.
Where would he fit in the team though? He hasn't got the energy of Ralls and Gunnarson and he cant run or drive at defenders like Tomlin. Damour is obviously preferred away from home.

I have always been a massive Whitts fan but it's time to finally accept that an ageing Whitts is not best fit in a Neil Warnock team.

Whilst Whitts is clearly a better passer and better technically than Ralls he wouldn't have scored that goal yesterday. He wouldn't have burst into the box beyond Hoilett, if he was up with play he would have wanted the ball square so he could put a cross on.

Anyway, regardless of how he does at Blackburn he will always remain a Cardiff City legend to me. Producing some of the finest goals, and touches of ability I've witnessed at a football match. I certainly won't be revelling in his demise as a player. Unlike some.