+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Whitts watch

Re: Whitts watch

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are talking about one of the best and most loyal players to ever pull on a City shirt. Show some respect dimwad.
    He was offered a contract on less pay and less game time. That's when he finally showed his true loyalty.

He knew the whole time he would get found out elsewhere. It's "dimwad"'s like you that branded him legend eons ago over a couple of good seasons that kept him here on those extortionate wages.

Also he had a chance to say goodbye when he was subbed off, notice his spoilt bratt attitude come through when it wasn't to his liking?

Whittingham's loyalty is the biggest joke running in this club

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes. Lovely lad.

You'd need someone with a bit of spark about them, someone who looks to all the world that they enjoy being around a football club and everything associated with it ... Whittingham never had that about him. Way too laid back for such a position as ambassador for the club.

Where would he fit in the team though? He hasn't got the energy of Ralls and Gunnarson and he cant run or drive at defenders like Tomlin. Damour is obviously preferred away from home.

I have always been a massive Whitts fan but it's time to finally accept that an ageing Whitts is not best fit in a Neil Warnock team.

Whilst Whitts is clearly a better passer and better technically than Ralls he wouldn't have scored that goal yesterday. He wouldn't have burst into the box beyond Hoilett, if he was up with play he would have wanted the ball square so he could put a cross on.

Anyway, regardless of how he does at Blackburn he will always remain a Cardiff City legend to me. Producing some of the finest goals, and touches of ability I've witnessed at a football match. I certainly won't be revelling in his demise as a player. Unlike some.

110% correct sir
    Whitts will forever be a Cardiff City legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    He was offered a contract on less pay and less game time. That's when he finally showed his true loyalty.

He knew the whole time he would get found out elsewhere. It's "dimwad"'s like you that branded him legend eons ago over a couple of good seasons that kept him here on those extortionate wages.

Also he had a chance to say goodbye when he was subbed off, notice his spoilt bratt attitude come through when it wasn't to his liking?

Yep, poor guy - ten and a half years, four hundred and fifty nine appearances and 98 goals and all the time the "spoilt bratt" wanted to leave us.

Yes. Lovely lad.
    Doesn't seem the outgoing kind to me.

Talking of biggest jokes-you win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yep, poor guy - ten and a half years, four hundred and fifty nine appearances and 98 goals and all the time the "spoilt bratt" wanted to leave us.
    Wanted to leave us? I think you replied to the wrong post. Either that or you are as ignorant as 90% of the others on this small message board

Wanted to leave us? I think you replied to the wrong post. Either that or you are as ignorant as 90% of the others on this small message board
    Why do you bother posting on it if it is that insignificant ?. Do you post on any others ?. Enlighten us ignorant large majority.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why do you bother posting on it if it is that insignificant ?. Do you post on any others ?. Enlighten us ignorant large majority.
    Hold on there champ, I didn't say you were ignorant in all aspects of life.

I like this forum.

Hold on there champ, I didn't say you were ignorant in all aspects of life.

I like this forum.

No, I'm beginning to regret it now, but I gave you the attention that you were craving when you posted your "controversial" message - no doubt I've also made the mistake of replying to you in your various other incarnations on here, but I wont be with this one again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I'm beginning to regret it now, but I gave you the attention that you were craving when you posted your "controversial" message - no doubt I've also made the mistake of replying to you in your various other incarnations on here, but I wont be with this one again.
    Lol, the paranoia on this board is amusing. You are the third person to say this to me, who am I supposed to be exactly?

Uh oh...Blackburn win 4-1 and surprise SUPRISE...whittingham with a hat-trick!

JUST KIDDING OFCOURSE!

Whittingham on the bench the entire match...I guess he's just resting from his 10 minute spell 2 weeks ago!

Uh oh...Blackburn win 4-1 and surprise SUPRISE...whittingham with a hat-trick!

JUST KIDDING OFCOURSE!

Whittingham on the bench the entire match...I guess he's just resting from his 10 minute spell 2 weeks ago!
    Says a lot about you that you're getting pleasure from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
    Indeed.

Strikes me as the kid wanting attention by being edgy and controversial; when one prediction/claim seemingly comes right, they then milk it as evidence of their intellect.

The fact everyone laughs at them is not the point...

If you say so. I personally would not feel I could make that kind of judgement on a person over a single comment or any message on a public forum. I guess we just don't see things the same way (shock right?)

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Indeed.

Strikes me as the kid wanting attention by being edgy and controversial; when one prediction/claim seemingly comes right, they then milk it as evidence of their intellect.

The fact everyone laughs at them is not the point...
    Yeah buddy!

Trying to single out that apparently "edgy and controversial" individual in hope for unanimous acceptance is the absolute definition of a mature person

Things aren't looking too good for Whitts up at Blackburn as things stand. His last start for the club was at the end of August in an EFL trophy win over Stoke U21s. In terms of league appearances, he started Rovers' first two fixtures, which they lost and has made one brief substitute appearance in the last 4, failing to even get off the bench in the last 3 games. What probably doesn't help Whitts cause is that Blackburn lost the two games he started but won the rest he wasn't involved in.

The plan of going to Blackburn because he wanted regular football doesn't yet appear to be working. Hopefully he can turn things around; it would be very sad if his career just petered out. Reading a few Rovers forums and there don't seem to be many touting for him to be returned to the starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Things aren't looking too good for Whitts up at Blackburn as things stand. His last start for the club was at the end of August in an EFL trophy win over Stoke U21s. In terms of league appearances, he started Rovers' first two fixtures, which they lost and has made one brief substitute appearance in the last 4, failing to even get off the bench in the last 3 games. What probably doesn't help Whitts cause is that Blackburn lost the two games he started but won the rest he wasn't involved in.

The plan of going to Blackburn because he wanted regular football doesn't yet appear to be working. Hopefully he can turn things around; it would be very sad if his career just petered out. Reading a few Rovers forums and there don't seem to be many touting for him to be returned to the starting line up.
    This happened years ago..some just haven't come to terms with it

This happened years ago..some just haven't come to terms with it
    And just like clockwork you seem to find some sort of crude pleasure out of it.

And just like clockwork you seem to find some sort of crude pleasure out of it.
    and you come up with a captain obvious comment

and you come up with a captain obvious comment
    Some one taking pleasure from the winding down of the career of one of the best ever players to play for this club is the weirdest thing I've seen on here fair play.

We've seen from Whitts that where and how he's played has a massive influence on his game. Even last season he could be dire or highly influential.

Even at that level you build your team around him

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Some one taking pleasure from the winding down of the career of one of the best ever players to play for this club is the weirdest thing I've seen on here fair play.
    I'm just going with the flow with what people are telling me I'm getting out of all this.

In reality I got fed up of seeing whittingham first name on the team sheet for seasons and seasons after he lost his worth and the fact others are finally starting to twig onto the fact he is utterly useless now just gives me that warm "i told you so" feeling because he is still the exact same player he became before he even hit his 30s

although going by your post it is rather amusing that his career was winding down pre 30 come to think of it. That's a for of pleasure isn't it? amusement