+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The grandstand at the stadium

The grandstand at the stadium

What a terrible place to get out of it takes ages compared to other parts of the ground

A good point though is that I've been in there 4 times and we've won every game

Re: The grandstand at the stadium

I find it dead easy to be honest, then again I sit fairly close to one of the exit tunnels, my brother in law sits the other end (near the family stand) and it can be a nightmare over there mind.

I got in the Grandstand at about 19.30, but I picked up a coupla comments that it was slow getting into the ground at kick-off time (Gate 3).

The body search seems to have escalated from 'Open yer coats' to feeling in the pocket of coats. Made a right mess of my warm half-time Snickers!

I have always said that someone cocked up regarding the exits at CCS. It's quicker to get out of the San Siro and the Nou Camp.
    Let's hope that an atrocity or fire doesn't happen as many people will be like sitting ducks.

Never had a problem really

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I got in the Grandstand at about 19.30, but I picked up a coupla comments that it was slow getting into the ground at kick-off time (Gate 3).

The body search seems to have escalated from 'Open yer coats' to feeling in the pocket of coats. Made a right mess of my warm half-time Snickers!
    Apparently they had to open more turnstiles to get everyone in.

Also not enough facilities in the ground. Impossible to get a drink at half time (without missing at least 10 mins of either half)

I think they under-estimated a bit.

Never a problem from Block 201.

I always sat in the grandstand and always got out really quickly

After last nights fiasco, thank f uck I'm in the Ninian stand.

The Grandstand always appears to empty fine from my vantage point queueing to get out of the Ninian stand.

How can fans sitting in the Grandstand stomach the sight game in and game out of that empty red tier? And is that the real reason Tan doesn't come to home games?

I'm in the grandstand for City games and have been in the Ninian stand for Wales games, been in both when full and the grandstand is much easier to vacate. Agree with the catering outlets in the grandstand though, it's ridiculous that there's only one outlet. There should be one that is dedicated to non alcohol things, daft that everyone has to queue at the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    How can fans sitting in the Grandstand stomach the sight game in and game out of that empty red tier? And is that the real reason Tan doesn't come to home games?
    Its hard to look at to be sure.

My closest outlet serving what passes for food is the Eddie May bar. If anyone wants to get anything to eat or drink at half time, then leaving your seat around the 35 minute mark is the only way you're going to get served and back to your seat within five minutes of kick off.
    I usually head for the outlets under the ninian if I need a coffee

The colonel never has these issues