+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tactics for saturday

Tactics for saturday

I watched Villa vs Hull the other day and noticed they played alot of diagonal balls between the CB's and the FB especially early on when the Hull full backs were trying to get forward and they were a goal down before they cottoned on to it.If we start with a back five maybe they will try that tactic again.Makes me wonder whether NW will start 4-4-2 this week.

Re: Tactics for saturday

Pass to Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I watched Villa vs Hull the other day and noticed they played alot of diagonal balls between the CB's and the FB especially early on when the Hull full backs were trying to get forward and they were a goal down before they cottoned on to it.If we start with a back five maybe they will try that tactic again.Makes me wonder whether NW will start 4-4-2 this week.
    If we play Peltier, there won't be a gap to exploit on his side!

Score more than them.

Lots of Shooting

Phone the Tactic Office. I bought mine online.

I wish i could comment more Sneggy but i didn't watch the Villa game, but maybe Villa using that tactic cos they saw a weakness in Hull.

Like Pedro says, i don't think there would be much space if Peltier is on that side. It will be interesting to see how they line up. As ridiculous as it sounds, Steve Bruce may be under a bit of pressure already if he doesn't win on Saturday.

I think Mendez Laing could give Taylor or Hutton real problems on both flanks. But I think we are more than likely to stick with the same side at Burton but potentially Ward coming in for Hoilett.

Scott Hogan looked a real handful on the highlights of the Hull game I think they are likely to dominate possession so we need to try and keep the ball better when we get possession our opportunities will come from set pieces and obviously the extra pace now in the side and KZ, it looks like it should be a crackin game on paper

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I think Mendez Laing could give Taylor or Hutton real problems on both flanks. But I think we are more than likely to stick with the same side at Burton but potentially Ward coming in for Hoilett.
    I think we will stick with a similar side, and NML will continue to be an impact player from the bench. That's my gut feeling anyway.

And as Gringo says, Bruce has to get wins and fast. If they're not top 2 after 10 games, he could be gone. Villa played a pretty strange side on the weekend, I think we can get at them. We need to try and isolate Hutton and Terry against Zohore and NML when he comes on. I imagine we will try and soak up pressure and hit them on the break, trying to pull Terry forward and out of position. That's what I'd do anyway.