+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ifollow #63

ifollow #63

No highlights or extended highlights of the Pompey game, let alone a re-run of game yet, but they've found the time to look forward to Villa (Know your opponents). I see TOBW mentioned the holes in the Academy section on the Official Website yesterday. Our Management are no doubt much more professional both off and indeed on the pitch nowadays, but the I.T. dept continues to let itself down and makes us look unprofessional in an era when image is more important than it ever used to be.

Re: ifollow #63

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    No highlights or extended highlights of the Pompey game, let alone a re-run of game yet, but they've found the time to look forward to Villa (Know your opponents). I see TOBW mentioned the holes in the Academy section on the Official Website yesterday. Our Management are no doubt much more professional both off and indeed on the pitch nowadays, but the I.T. dept continues to let itself down and makes us look unprofessional in an era when image is more important than it ever used to be.
    The iFollow website states quite clearly that they will only cover league games - not cup games.

iFollow is an EFL thing not a Cardiff City thing and as Rock has said, it does state that there's no coverage for Coca-Cola Cup games.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    iFollow is an EFL thing not a Cardiff City thing and as Rock has said, it does state that there's no coverage for Coca-Cola Cup games.
    Where in my message did I say I was expecting live coverage? I see they have now pulled their finger out and provided what I was asking. Namely extended highlights, and a re-run of the 90 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Just watched twenty five minutes of extended highlights, so, fair play, that's pretty good for domestic subscribers.

As for the lack of Academy fixtures on the website, I know it's not that important for most City fans, but there are a few of us who like to get along to Academy home games if they can (I also try to provide blog reports of as many Under 18 matches as I can) and, obviously, that's going to be harder to do in the future if there is nowhere you can go to look at a fixture list for the season for our youngsters.

There was a time when I saw something being advertised as new and assumed it also meant improved as well, but experience has taught me that this doesn't automatically follow - in this instance, City's new website sees a drop in standards when compared to it's predecessor because it lacks the same detail and, in some places, includes information which is clearly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched twenty five minutes of extended highlights, so, fair play, that's pretty good for domestic subscribers.

As for the lack of Academy fixtures on the website, I know it's not that important for most City fans, but there are a few of us who like to get along to Academy home games if they can (I also try to provide blog reports of as many Under 18 matches as I can) and, obviously, that's going to be harder to do in the future if there is nowhere you can go to look at a fixture list for the season for our youngsters.

There was a time when I saw something being advertised as new and assumed it also meant improved as well, but experience has taught me that this doesn't automatically follow - in this instance, City's new website sees a drop in standards when compared to it's predecessor because it lacks the same detail and, in some places, includes information which is clearly wrong.
    On top of that iFollow seems to be club specific, whereas with iPlayer any subscriber could log on to any other club's iPlayer site and watch their content. I didn't do it often, but now and again it was interesting to watch opposition match highlights and pre/post match comments. The new site is a step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    On top of that iFollow seems to be club specific, whereas with iPlayer any subscriber could log on to any other club's iPlayer site and watch their content. I didn't do it often, but now and again it was interesting to watch opposition match highlights and pre/post match comments. The new site is a step backwards.
    Yes, I used to do that now and again as well - stories like this one hardly show the new site in a good light either;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ty-1-0-pompey/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I used to do that now and again as well - stories like this one hardly show the new site in a good light either;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ty-1-0-pompey/
    Deary me, situations vacant - Proof Reader, please apply within! Not a laughing matter really, if they can't get the scoreline correct, trying to find the information you and others are seeking in relation to our Academy is going to be a challenge to say the least.

Just to say that although there is still no dedicated pages with the Development and Under 18 teams fixtures for the season, there was a story on the website yesterday which included our Academy fixtures for the season if anyone is interested, so credit to the club for that at least.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...paign-at-hull/

Bob they read your post