Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Over 20,000 tickets now sold for #CardiffCity vs. @AVFCOfficial!"

"Over 20,000 tickets now sold for #CardiffCity vs. @AVFCOfficial!"

Re: "Over 20,000 tickets now sold for #CardiffCity vs. @AVFCOfficial!"

Very poor . Aren't Villa bringing 5k?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Oh shit. Forgot about that! Yes they are.

Does the 20,000 include ST's and away fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Oh shit. Forgot about that! Yes they are.
    Almost certainly this wont include the Villa allocation. Why would they release a statement like this if they had only sold 15000 at our end. Makes no sense and they wouldnt know the exact number Villa had sold out of their allocation until late tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    If you look on eticketing, there aren't many open blocks at all, which suggests there could be a total crowd upwards of 25k.

Its disappointing that there is always someone ready to put a negative spin on an issue, without having the full facts.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Its disappointing that there is always someone ready to put a negative spin on an issue, without having the full facts.
    The full facts are that 20k is the overall amount of tickets sold so far. That figure surprises me as I was confident that we would get over 25k although we still have time to sell a lot more.

It has been obvious for some time that the crowd will be 25k+

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    The full facts are that 20k is the overall amount of tickets sold so far. That figure surprises me as I was confident that we would get over 25k although we still have time to sell a lot more.
    If you look at eticketing, I think the 20k refers to the home end. There is one seat available in both 103/104 and 104/105, and the first few rows only in the rest of the Canton. It'll be a 25k plus crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Does the 20,000 include ST's and away fans?
    Seems to suggest total number

What was Villa's allocation - they have 364 unsold today online?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    What was Villa's allocation - they have 364 unsold today online?
    4800 they were offered. Not sure if they took the full allocation.

Why on earth would you be confident of that? When was the last time we even had over 20k fans at the ccs?

20k for a championship match isn't bad even when considering the number of away fans there.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why on earth would you be confident of that? When was the last time we even had over 20k fans at the ccs?

20k for a championship match isn't bad even when considering the number of away fans there.

Because there is a buzz around the club at present, this is our first home league game of the season, we have won our opening 2 games, we have new signings on show, Aston Villa are the biggest club in the division (apart from Leeds of course) & will take 4k plus with them, John Terry is in their ranks along with James Chester & Neil Taylor.......lot's of reasons for hoping for a 25k plus crowd in my view.

I am sorry but a 20k crowd would be a big disappointment in my eyes, although I would hope that we can shift a few thousand more in the next couple of days.

In answer to your question we had over 23k for our last home league game so not that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Seems to suggest total number

Thanks Mike.
    Seems a disappointing number tbh, first home league game, new signings, big opposition, a newfound buzz about the place, i was expecting 25k plus

Thanks Mike.
    Seems a disappointing number tbh, first home league game, new signings, big opposition, a newfound buzz about the place, i was expecting 25k plus
    It does sound disappointing but loads of people still on holiday who might have made it otherwise. It'll be a good crowd in terms of atmosphere at that size anyhow ��

Because there is a buzz around the club at present, this is our first home league game of the season, we have won our opening 2 games, we have new signings on show, Aston Villa are the biggest club in the division (apart from Leeds of course) & will take 4k plus with them, John Terry is in their ranks along with James Chester & Neil Taylor.......lot's of reasons for hoping for a 25k plus crowd in my view.

I am sorry but a 20k crowd would be a big disappointment in my eyes, although I would hope that we can shift a few thousand more in the next couple of days.

In answer to your question we had over 23k for our last home league game so not that long ago.
    I agree, although the 23k was also helped by big away following.

Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

We had 20000+ gates in the league on 4 occasions last season - Bristol City, Birmingham, Villa and Newcastle, so it is not as an unusual occurance as you make out. The last time was actually the last home game of the season at the end of April. Perhaps you were away ?.

We had 20000+ gates in the league on 4 occasions last season - Bristol City, Birmingham, Villa and Newcastle, so it is not as an unusual occurance as you make out. The last time was actually the last home game of the season at the end of April. Perhaps you were away ?.
    At least one of those games they were selling £5 tickets though. And none of them were 25k.
    Would be really positive if it gets up that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    At least one of those games they were selling £5 tickets though. And none of them were 25k.
    Would be really positive if it gets up that high.
    I wouldn't have thought that any of those four were reduced match day prices as they were all category A games. Agree though that anything over 21500 for Villa game would be good and an improvement on last year as well. Villa have 4800 allocation, so if we can sell 17000 then thats an improvement. I am still hoping for 25000 on the day though.

I wouldn't have thought that any of those four were reduced match day prices as they were all category A games. Agree though that anything over 21500 for Villa game would be good and an improvement on last year as well. Villa have 4800 allocation, so if we can sell 17000 then thats an improvement. I am still hoping for 25000 on the day though.
    Bristol city was definitely very cheap tickets, not sure about the Birmingham game, possibly that also

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bristol city was definitely very cheap tickets, not sure about the Birmingham game, possibly that also
    Birmingham definitely was, didn't think the wurzels was though.

Almost certainly this wont include the Villa allocation. Why would they release a statement like this if they had only sold 15000 at our end. Makes no sense and they wouldnt know the exact number Villa had sold out of their allocation until late tomorrow.