+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Over 20,000 tickets now sold for #CardiffCity vs. @AVFCOfficial!"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "Over 20,000 tickets now sold for #CardiffCity vs. @AVFCOfficial!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    The full facts are that 20k is the overall amount of tickets sold so far. That figure surprises me as I was confident that we would get over 25k although we still have time to sell a lot more.
    Why on earth would you be confident of that? When was the last time we even had over 20k fans at the ccs?

20k for a championship match isn't bad even when considering the number of away fans there.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why on earth would you be confident of that? When was the last time we even had over 20k fans at the ccs?

20k for a championship match isn't bad even when considering the number of away fans there.

Because there is a buzz around the club at present, this is our first home league game of the season, we have won our opening 2 games, we have new signings on show, Aston Villa are the biggest club in the division (apart from Leeds of course) & will take 4k plus with them, John Terry is in their ranks along with James Chester & Neil Taylor.......lot's of reasons for hoping for a 25k plus crowd in my view.

I am sorry but a 20k crowd would be a big disappointment in my eyes, although I would hope that we can shift a few thousand more in the next couple of days.

In answer to your question we had over 23k for our last home league game so not that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

We had 20000+ gates in the league on 4 occasions last season - Bristol City, Birmingham, Villa and Newcastle, so it is not as an unusual occurance as you make out. The last time was actually the last home game of the season at the end of April. Perhaps you were away ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We had 20000+ gates in the league on 4 occasions last season - Bristol City, Birmingham, Villa and Newcastle, so it is not as an unusual occurance as you make out. The last time was actually the last home game of the season at the end of April. Perhaps you were away ?.
    At least one of those games they were selling £5 tickets though. And none of them were 25k.
    Would be really positive if it gets up that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    At least one of those games they were selling £5 tickets though. And none of them were 25k.
    Would be really positive if it gets up that high.
    I wouldn't have thought that any of those four were reduced match day prices as they were all category A games. Agree though that anything over 21500 for Villa game would be good and an improvement on last year as well. Villa have 4800 allocation, so if we can sell 17000 then thats an improvement. I am still hoping for 25000 on the day though.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought that any of those four were reduced match day prices as they were all category A games. Agree though that anything over 21500 for Villa game would be good and an improvement on last year as well. Villa have 4800 allocation, so if we can sell 17000 then thats an improvement. I am still hoping for 25000 on the day though.
    Bristol city was definitely very cheap tickets, not sure about the Birmingham game, possibly that also

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bristol city was definitely very cheap tickets, not sure about the Birmingham game, possibly that also
    Birmingham definitely was, didn't think the wurzels was though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Birmingham definitely was, didn't think the wurzels was though.
    Yeah it was. £5 I believe.