+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eastern Avenue worth avoiding

Eastern Avenue worth avoiding

Roadworks started between Newport Rd and St Mellons turn offs by the looks and the traffic is down to one lane. Currently backed up to Newport Rd and along the carriage way.

Re: Eastern Avenue worth avoiding

The 'idiots' are the ones who think driving in the blocked off lane until the last second is the correct thing to do. They are only doing it for one reason - to save themselves time and couldn't give a monkeys about anyone else. What they are doing is dangerous, as very often they cut in at speed in front of another vehicle at the very last second before they mash up all the bollards. I always get into the lane marked as open before the 800m marker, which everyone should do and my policy is to allow vehicles, who indicate correctly, into the lane I am in in front of me up to the 600m marker. Anyone trying to get in after this is obviously deliberately taking advantage and I dont let them in. I get frustrated by the people in front of me who do let people in at the last moment, as they are allowing the idiots to believe that their brain dead behaviour pays off and they will carry on blindly doing it in future. Perhaps if more people blocked lanes and didnt let anyone in late then they would finally get the message that this sort of behaviour is unacceptable. The traffic police should also take a more active role and sometimes place their vehicle in the blocked off section and pull over/book culprits who cut in late, as this action is undoubtedly illegal.

Seriously though, hope they sort that shit out by Saturday, is it both ways?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Seriously though, hope they sort that shit out by Saturday, is it both ways?
    Westbound was fine

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Westbound was fine
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    The 'idiots' are the ones who think driving in the blocked off lane until the last second is the correct thing to do. They are only doing it for one reason - to save themselves time and couldn't give a monkeys about anyone else. What they are doing is dangerous, as very often they cut in at speed in front of another vehicle at the very last second before they mash up all the bollards. I always get into the lane marked as open before the 800m marker, which everyone should do and my policy is to allow vehicles, who indicate correctly, into the lane I am in in front of me up to the 600m marker. Anyone trying to get in after this is obviously deliberately taking advantage and I dont let them in. I get frustrated by the people in front of me who do let people in at the last moment, as they are allowing the idiots to believe that their brain dead behaviour pays off and they will carry on blindly doing it in future. Perhaps if more people blocked lanes and didnt let anyone in late then they would finally get the message that this sort of behaviour is unacceptable. The traffic police should also take a more active role and sometimes place their vehicle in the blocked off section and pull over/book culprits who cut in late, as this action is undoubtedly illegal.
    Don’t talk sense! Nobody takes any friggin’ notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Don’t talk sense! Nobody takes any friggin’ notice.
    Especially when you're bang wrong.

It took me 15 minutes to get from Llanedeyrn road to the bottom of Rumney hill mainly due to the fact that the traffic control arseholes down County hall didn't have the part time traffic lights working on the roundabout.

so will i have trouble getting from bottom of rumney hill to the llanederyn roundabout then in about an hours time ? or is it just the opposite way ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    so will i have trouble getting from bottom of rumney hill to the llanederyn roundabout then in about an hours time ? or is it just the opposite way ?
    When I done it was 11-00am and the traffic then going up to Llanedeyrn was bumper to bumper Both lanes down to Newport road and up over the flyover but that was at 11 it should be better now

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Someone should have a quick read of the Highway Code.