+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This 20k crowd for Villa

This 20k crowd for Villa

Just looked at eticketing.
    The main bowl holds 27k plus 1500 Ish in the hospitality.
    So where are the 7-8000 empty seats ?
    No More than few hundred in Canton and Ninian, a few hundred in Grandstand and maybe 2k in the corners

Normally it's hard to tell because the family stand holds 6k and that's not on eticketing, but most of that has gone to Villa, so that won't explain it.

Can anyone see something I can't ?

Re: This 20l crowd for Villa

20k not 20l. Ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    20k not 20l. Ffs

Like you Tim , my reading of the online booking stadium seating picture is that seats sold in the home areas alone are well above 21,000

I agree there's about 3k left on general sale not including the family stand. However, there will be lost seats for segregation and presumably a few k not sold in the family stand and hospitality - say a total of 2 - 3k more - which would make about 6k not sold/ or available. This would suggest a crowd around the 22 - 23k mark should be expected. Whatever happens it looks like there's going to be a great atmosphere!

I reckon It will be an over 25k Crowd.
    Spedger

Thanks lads. When the club say how many sold there's always a question as to whether they are including away sales.

I wouldn't expect a huge amount of spare seats in the Family (especially as it's been reduced) and in the hospitality as it's the biggest draw of the season, so would think not much more than 4-5k left and yes probably a good few hundred lost to segregation, but still...

If we've only sold 15k that would be very disappointing as we've sold appx 12k season tickets and are supposed to be on a high .

Also, have the families been moved to the level 2 seats in the Nin ?
    If they have then that adds more to the opened 'capacity'of the bowl.

Just looked at eticketing.
    The main bowl holds 27k plus 1500 Ish in the hospitality.
    So where are the 7-8000 empty seats ?
    No More than few hundred in Canton and Ninian, a few hundred in Grandstand and maybe 2k in the corners

Normally it's hard to tell because the family stand holds 6k and that's not on eticketing, but most of that has gone to Villa, so that won't explain it.

Can anyone see something I can't ?
    Is it anything to do with the new Flexi tickets? I read that these have been selling well, but do the club then have to allocate a set amount to cover those FTs sold should they all redeem at the same match?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Is it anything to do with the new Flexi tickets? I read that these have been selling well, but do the club then have to allocate a set amount to cover those FTs sold should they all redeem at the same match?
    12,000 season tickets sold is poor, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    It might do Mike.
    Although I'm not sure how they work.
    Are you allocated a stand or just wherever is available?
    There's a few rows blocked out in the Nin/ Canton corner (about 3-400 seats) which won't have been sold yet, so maybe they have been kept back for this reason ?

Doubt we've sold more than a few hundred so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    12,000 season tickets sold is poor, all things considered.
    Don't take that as gospel, it's based on being told ( at a club meeting) that sales were similar to the final figure for last year.
    I still know a few who haven't renewed but are saying they will, I guess that's the down side of having 3x as many seats as season ticket holders

Can you still buy season tickets?
    I know someone who wants to buy one tomorrow

If the club just announced actual figures we'd all know.

They are not sharp enough to post good misleading info.

Post sales figures for home tickets and away tickets. Simples

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Can you still buy season tickets?
    I know someone who wants to buy one tomorrow
    Yes you can ... throughout the season, and prices adjusted after each home game

Re: This 20k crowd for Villa

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Yes you can ... throughout the season, and prices adjusted after each home game

It might do Mike.
    There's a few rows blocked out in the Nin/ Canton corner (about 3-400 seats) which won't have been sold yet, so maybe they have been kept back for this reason ?

Probably, but the logistics of the scheme are quite complex in this regard. I'm intruiged to know how this works. Perhaps the worst case scenario they've accounted for simply means opening up the Top Tier.

It might do Mike.

The flexi tickets are a great idea, but they could be a logistical nightmare. I'm assuming holders of these tickets are told their choice of games are subject to availability? If not, then I guess a block of seats would have to be reserved for such fans?

I assumed it would be a case of exchanging the voucher for a ticket, any ticket, just as you would if you rocked up and bought a ticket on the day?

Don't take that as gospel, it's based on being told ( at a club meeting) that sales were similar to the final figure for last year.
    I still know a few who haven't renewed but are saying they will, I guess that's the down side of having 3x as many seats as season ticket holders
    I spoke to someone who is pretty well placed to know about such things before the game on Tuesday and he told me that the figure for season tickets sold was higher than that - I'm not going to betray a confidence by saying how many I was told, but, although I wouldn't call it fantastic, I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    Get into um!!
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger

About an hour ago the club said that over 22k tickets have now been sold. Let's hope that we can push that up even further by 3pm tomorrow

I wonder if we have hit 23k yet although just seen a tweet from the club saying that phone lines are temporarily down which I hope does not impact on last minute sales

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I wonder if we have hit 23k yet although just seen a tweet from the club saying that phone lines are temporarily down which I hope does not impact on last minute sales
    Saw that too. Looking at eticketing hundreds have gone this morning and probably only about 1500 left in the main bowl, plus any left in the Canton

Saw that too. Looking at eticketing hundreds have gone this morning and probably only about 1500 left in the main bowl, plus any left in the Canton
    Great news, the more the merrier