Thread: PPI claims companies

PPI claims companies

Can anybody recommend a claims company?

I can't be arsed doing it myself

Re: PPI claims companies

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Can anybody recommend a claims company?

I can't be arsed doing it myself
    Just pop round my house and answer the phone.

Chances are it'll be one of those c unts.

Do it yourself or a PPI claim firm will take a third of what you're due.
    It's really easy - i got over £6k a couple of years ago with a simple letter.

You could try Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert site - they have a template on there.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...loan-insurance

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

You could try Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert site - they have a template on there.
    Cheers I'll have a look

I've never understood how this works. If someone has allegedly mis-sold PPI, isn't it the advisers word against the accuser? Some time ago I was asked to mystery shop several banks to assess the quality and legality of the advice given. But my report was not considered sufficient. I had to record the conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I've never understood how this works. If someone has allegedly mis-sold PPI, isn't it the advisers word against the accuser? Some time ago I was asked to mystery shop several banks to assess the quality and legality of the advice given. But my report was not considered sufficient. I had to record the conversations.
    #

Many loans had PPI added automatically - the purchaser wasn't asked or advised.
    Many policies were worthless, and wouldn't pay out anyway, eg self-employed or pre-existing condition.

#

Many loans had PPI added automatically - the purchaser wasn't asked or advised.
    Many policies were worthless, and wouldn't pay out anyway, eg self-employed or pre-existing condition.
    Thanks for replying (and I was always distrustful of PPI for those reasons) - but how could it be established that the purchaser wasn't asked or advised. Was it one persons word against another - or was there paperwork involved? (Apologies for seeming dense, btw)

I used this last week , Lloyds replied immediately and said they'd ook into it, still waiting to hear from Yorkshire bank and M&S Financial . Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I used this last week , Lloyds replied immediately and said they'd ook into it, still waiting to hear from Yorkshire bank and M&S Financial . Fingers crossed
    I'm going to have a go with them over the weekend the only thing is I haven't got any details of the loan that I took out as it was in the early 90's, can you claim on Barclay card?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I'm going to have a go with them over the weekend the only thing is I haven't got any details of the loan that I took out as it was in the early 90's, can you claim on Barclay card?
    You can claim on anything that had PPI, and there's no limit on how far back you can go.
    However, banks are only obliged to keep info for six years, though many keep it for longer.
    So lack of paperwork could be a problem if it's very old.

There's a forum on MSE that might be useful.

You can claim on anything that had PPI, and there's no limit on how far back you can go.
    However, banks are only obliged to keep info for six years, though many keep it for longer.
    So lack of paperwork could be a problem if it's very old.

There's a forum on MSE that might be useful.
    Ok thanks for that

Can you claim on a mortgage as opposed to a loan?

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Can you claim on a mortgage as opposed to a loan?
    yes.

phone the bank or building society and tell them you think you were miss-sold ppi, they will check and tell you if you had ppi or not.

If you did they send you a form to fill in, you play it with a straight bat when they ask you why you think you were miss-sold ppi and just say i never wanted ppi, never asked for it because I had a safe job at the time and received full sick and holiday pay. They are obliged to believe you and will pay back any ppi you paid at the time plus interest.

It takes a few weeks all told but the rewards can be quite lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    yes.

phone the bank or building society and tell them you think you were miss-sold ppi, they will check and tell you if you had ppi or not.

If you did they send you a form to fill in, you play it with a straight bat when they ask you why you think you were miss-sold ppi and just say i never wanted ppi, never asked for it because I had a safe job at the time and received full sick and holiday pay. They are obliged to believe you and will pay back any ppi you paid at the time plus interest.

It takes a few weeks all told but the rewards can be quite lucrative.
    Thank you...