+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First They Came For The Flippant...

First They Came For The Flippant...

Re: First They Came For The Flippant...

Nicely done!

Is it me or is 'infraction' an odd choice of word?

Too near infarction for my liking....

Incorrectly using a colon instead of a semi colon is enough to get an infraction round here these days. Our message posting future is at the whim of just one man.

Moggis.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Incorrectly using a colon instead of a semi colon is enough to get an infraction round here these days. Our message posting future is at the whim of just one man.
    See, this is exactly what I mean - once again we are in the area of health issues....

Blog Entries

...and so it begins.
    Last edited by Mrs Steve R; 10-08-17 at 23:17. Reason: too flippant

I'm glad that the flippancy are being recognised only they've had an hell of a time.

To be fair it's about time this was stamped on on here. You and your clique have been dragging this board down with your flippancy & questionable humour for far too long. I hope this warning and the inevitable ban will give you time to reflect on your actions and how thy affect others.

I only come here for the flippancy.

I always liked the flippancy ilk.

"All the best" How flippant is that!

Serious head on for a moment. I think Mike enjoys a laugh but perhaps he's trying to cut down flippancy in football threads?

Time to grow up and stop ruining this message board

double post

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    Time to grow up and stop ruining this message board
    Not being funny mate, but you've been a member of this forum for a week and have made four posts. Two of them have been telling the colonel to "grow up" and one was a

The colonel has contributed to the board for years, I totally understand that he can be an acquired taste - most of the time I find him to be really funny, but I understand that others don't, you can block him and/or ignore him if you want, but I think "ruining the message board" is a bit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Not being funny mate, but you've been a member of this forum for a week and have made four posts. Two of them have been telling the colonel to "grow up" and one was a

The colonel has contributed to the board for years, I totally understand that he can be an acquired taste - most of the time I find him to be really funny, but I understand that others don't, you can block him and/or ignore him if you want, but I think "ruining the message board" is a bit harsh.
    The problem is most people would take it up with Mike if they had an issue but not the Colonel he's got to make a big song and dance about it he'll be banging on about this for weeks when no one gives a ****

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The problem is most people would take it up with Mike if they had an issue but not the Colonel he's got to make a big song and dance about it he'll be banging on about this for weeks when no one gives a ****
    Spot on mate except it won't be weeks, it'll be years. The colonel's still banging on about a hog roast he had back in 2013 ffs

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Contributed what? He doesn't watch games, rarely talks about football and with his "I keep the board ticking over" has an elevated impression of his own usefulness.

Quite a few people are put off from posting on here purely because nothing is taken even semi-seriously.

Glad to see the Colonel finally getting pulled up on his odd behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Look at me, look at me. Pathetic really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Contributed what? He doesn't watch games, rarely talks about football and with his "I keep the board ticking over" has an elevated impression of his own usefulness.

Quite a few people are put off from posting on here purely because nothing is taken even semi-seriously.

Yeesh, this is heavy stuff. Maybe I should become one of these posters that change their username every time they make a dick of themselves.

I'm not going to be an apologist for the colonel, but it seems like half the people on this board don't go to games for one reason or another and many of the threads on here aren't football related.
    I totally understand how people don't want to read about crisps, merging in turn or whatever bollocks we talk about, I really do. As I said before, I also totally understand how some people don't find him funny. I do, you don't and that's perfectly fine.

I take the view that real life is serious enough, we all have demanding jobs and personal issues to deal with, so I like that this MB is a "breather" away from the seriousness of life, but again, that's just me. I like to have a laugh, but I also like to talk about football, not that I will ever be as knowledgeable as people like TOBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Yeesh, this is heavy stuff. Maybe I should become one of these posters that change their username every time they make a dick of themselves.
    Most people take the infractions for what they are. Some people can't.

Most people take the infractions for what they are. Some people can't.
    Jesus Christ

Did you mention hog roasts again then?

I like the Colonels post's, dont do any harm.

Jesus Christ
    There you go, with your characteristic flippancy.