+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football only board

Re: Football only board

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Pearcey might want to call someone a ****, it'll be the first 3 points Reading have got this season

Give yourself a flippancy point

Not going to split the board any further. Moving politics out was the right decision.

I'm trying to pay more attention to keeping decent threads 'flippancy' free. People who derail them will get an infraction. 6 points will get you a ban.

Flippancy is worth 1 point, abusing other members will get you 3 points
    Surely that's a nebulous thing though - what is the objective definition of a "decent" thread? Since time immemorial ( well, since internet created ) threads often start out as one thing and evolve organically into something else. Doesn't mean people set out to intend to derail.

My fear would be that the approach could lead to some questionable infractions being handed out which would then erode confidence in the forum management.

Pearcey might want to call someone a ****, it'll be the first 3 points Reading have got this season
    That's abuse in my book. Three points to Mr Morris. Oh and come on the Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That's abuse in my book. Three points to Mr Morris. Oh and come on the Villa.
    Nasty that should be a six pointer

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Nasty that should be a six pointer
    It should however many points it takes for them to choke in the playoffs, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Surely that's a nebulous thing though - what is the objective definition of a "decent" thread? Since time immemorial ( well, since internet created ) threads often start out as one thing and evolve organically into something else. Doesn't mean people set out to intend to derail.

My fear would be that the approach could lead to some questionable infractions being handed out which would then erode confidence in the forum management.
    you should know me by now that generally i don't give a shit. But sometimes decent threads get ruined by honing in on a spelling mistake or someone feeling the need to post just because they think they need to comment on every thread with a 'flippant' quip.

just trying to make it a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It should however many points it takes for them to choke in the playoffs, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I like a bit of everything. football, the off topic stuff and the pisstaking, but it's frustrating when you've got people with no interest in football derailing the football threads. They know who they are.

If people have got no interest in talking football there's plenty of threads they can post their unfunny quips on without derailing tidy threads.
    Exactly this.

The politics board is much better since they kicked the football riffraff out, and I urge the comedians to do the same thing and send the leather chasers on their way.

you should know me by now that generally i don't give a shit. But sometimes decent threads get ruined by honing in on a spelling mistake or someone feeling the need to post just because they think they need to comment on every thread with a 'flippant' quip.

Can't be easy, I am not suggesting a humourless place, but there are fewer posters than ever and when every post becomes a "look at how witty I am" effort a few posts in, it's not hard to see why football enthusiasts say "why bother".

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    People who only want to talk football manage to avoid non-football threads just fine on here, it's not a difficult task.

Then there's the people who claim to only want to talk football but post all day long in non-football threads.

There's a big difference but it's very easy to tell who is who.
    Who is claiming they only want to talk football? Not me, but I think it would be worthwhile splitting the general stuff from the football stuff. If that gives some people a smaller audience to "amuse" so be it.

Mike's already said what his plans are, why are you still banging on?

Let's all keep the football threads and other serious threads sensible and keep the daft stuff to any other threads. And let's all show a little more respect to fellow CCFC fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Let's all keep the football threads and other serious threads sensible and keep the daft stuff to any other threads. And let's all show a little more respect to fellow CCFC fans.
    Sounds so simple doesn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Mike's already said what his plans are, why are you still banging on?
    It's my thread, just reiterating my thoughts.

The biggest issue is simply people starting new threads about the same topic that are already underway, sometimes you'll have 5 or 6 running, its F***ing infuriating.

I understand breaking news and I think the sticky for match day has helped but FFS, search a little before contributing. I've never known a forum like in my life!

keep up the good work mike

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Is this a daft thread then?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    The biggest issue is simply people starting new threads about the same topic that are already underway, sometimes you'll have 5 or 6 running, its F***ing infuriating.

I understand breaking news and I think the sticky for match day has helped but FFS, search a little before contributing. I've never known a forum like in my life!

Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It is now.

Not at all.

You've obviously never logged onto **** if repeat threads grind your gears

Absolutely not. The boss has made clear his thoughts on the matter, and to that end everyone should now no where they stand.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You've obviously never logged onto **** if repeat threads grind your gears
    Its bad enough people linking to that board with a sneering remark from here to go full time on there!

I think links to that board are my 4th pet hate on here

Its bad enough people linking to that board with a sneering remark from here to go full time on there!

I think links to that board are my 4th pet hate on here
    On the contrary, throwing shade on them is my guilty pleasure.