+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football only board

Re: Football only board

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Absolutely not. The boss has made clear his thoughts on the matter, and to that end everyone should now no where they stand.
    *know

Banned

I used to read most posts but it's come to the stage where I skip through threads because of the **** rejects.
    We had a poster on here a couple of days ago who went to the Burton game and was attacked by Hartley and Gringo
    because he had a different opinion to them. They drove him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    you should know me by now that generally i don't give a shit. But sometimes decent threads get ruined by honing in on a spelling mistake or someone feeling the need to post just because they think they need to comment on every thread with a 'flippant' quip.

just trying to make it a better experience.
    I fear this may be a little subtle for some Mike!

Oh, and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I used to read most posts but it's come to the stage where I skip through threads because of the **** rejects.
    We had a poster on here a couple of days ago who went to the Burton game and was attacked by Hartley and Gringo
    because he had a different opinion to them. They drove him away.
    We are truly gutted skipper.

I hope you reconsider because your insightful football posts are a loss to this forum.

That poster was a multi by the way, and was not at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Its bad enough people linking to that board with a sneering remark from here to go full time on there!

I think links to that board are my 4th pet hate on here
    nowadays i think they just delete any mention of this board over there and copy and paste threads off here as one of their own.

but previously if someone linked to a post on here they would edit the link by replacing a . with a , so if anyone clicked on the link it would go to a broken page

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The politics board is much better since they kicked the football riffraff out, and I urge the comedians to do the same thing and send the leather chasers on their way.

Yeah, keep the wendy ball loving urchins away from the urbane Politics forum.

Does appreciation of others flippancy carry equal punishment as that dealt out to the perpetrator?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    While there should be football threads pinned at the top, the strength of this board is it's varied discussion points (including political) and shunting these off to another board kills that variety as people stop looking for them.

If you want more football talk then start a football thread or add to an existing thread.
    This. Without even mentioning all the amazing advice you get from helpful fellow posters. You'd lose all that with a Football Only forum. I wouldn't have ever seen the 'West Indian Lady sofa' thread as one personal example And more seriously, there's a hopefully still ex-alcoholic who was helped in a moment of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    This. Without even mentioning all the amazing advice you get from helpful fellow posters. You'd lose all that with a Football Only forum. I wouldn't have ever seen the 'West Indian Lady sofa' thread as one personal example And more seriously, there's a hopefully still ex-alcoholic who was helped in a moment of need.
    And (NSASWA), we wooda neva had our crisp knowledge expanded

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ghlight=crisps

200.000 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    On the eve of another big football weekend, the main board is looking very preseason. Time to separate the other stuff from the football posts?
    Go on then Cris, off you go

Re: Football only, bored

In the offline world, it is quite unlikely that you would only talk about football all of the time when you meet up with other people.

I don't think we need a separate board but topics need to be kept on subject which the Mods seem to be trying to achieve. Far too many topics used to descend into slanging matches between the usual suspects whose opinions differed.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I don't think we need a separate board but topics need to be kept on subject which the Mods seem to be trying to achieve. Far too many topics used to descend into slanging matches between the usual suspects whose opinions differed.
    This.

I'm not splitting the board up into any more sections, but if there is a good thread then I'd appreciate it if people can debate and keep on subject.

The variety of threads is great and there are many fun ones, serious ones, helpful ones, supportive ones etc.

Thanks for your support

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    This.

I'm not splitting the board up into any more sections, but if there is a good thread then I'd appreciate it if people can debate and keep on subject.

The variety of threads is great and there are many fun ones, serious ones, helpful ones, supportive ones etc.

Thanks for your support
    Would it be workable to have a "do not derail" type post icon?

Would it be workable to have a "do not derail" type post icon?
    Be careful what you wish for

Re: Football only, bored

In the offline world, it is quite unlikely that you would only talk about football all of the time when you meet up with other people.
    I wasn't proposing that we should only talk about football. Just have a forum that doesn't become all about the irrelevant.