+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we really that physical?

Are we really that physical?

Having read some of the views of Villa fans about how horrible and dirty we're gonna be tomorrow, makes me think are we really that bad?

I'm not sure we are. I think Bamba and Peltier will put themselves about but other than that i don't think we have any other players who i would call dirty.

I must admit that i used to think the same whenever we faced a Warnock team but i honestly don't think we have anything on those Warnock teams when it comes to the dark arts.

Re: Are we really that physical?

Our discipline was quite bad under Trollope.

No, me neither. Could it be the Warnock stereotype and an over-protection of young Grealish? Do they not realise he's become a diving sod since becoming English?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Having read some of the views of Villa fans about how horrible and dirty we're gonna be tomorrow, makes me think are we really that bad?

I'm not sure we are. I think Bamba and Peltier will put themselves about but other than that i don't think we have any other players who i would call dirty.

I must admit that i used to think the same whenever we faced a Warnock team but i honestly don't think we have anything on those Warnock teams when it comes to the dark arts.
    That wimp Grealish was diving throughout the both games last year those brummies must have fell for it as the refs did

I would say committed as opposed to physical. We do not have any dirty players in my view although I am confident that whoever plays tomorrow will give 100%, if not then Warnock will not hesitate to substitute them as Pilkington found out at half time on Tuesday.

One player I paid particular attention to on Tuesday was Lee Tomlin as some Bristol City fans were quick to say that he was good when on the ball but showed little willingness to track when required. On Tuesday I noticed him tracking back a fair bit & also working hard to close down defenders. On that basis it looks like he has bought into Warnock's ethic of his players working hard.

We need to be as physical as possible tomorrow. Make our intent clear, set the tempo, take the game to them. We have to earn the right to oaky in the Championship.
    Let's upset them, get their fans wound up, raise the spirits of our fans, make it hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I would say committed as opposed to physical. We do not have any dirty players in my view although I am confident that whoever plays tomorrow will give 100%, if not then Warnock will not hesitate to substitute them as Pilkington found out at half time on Tuesday.

One player I paid particular attention to on Tuesday was Lee Tomlin as some Bristol City fans were quick to say that he was good when on the ball but showed little willingness to track when required. On Tuesday I noticed him tracking back a fair bit & also working hard to close down defenders. On that basis it looks like he has bought into Warnock's ethic of his players working hard.
    I'm glad Warnock is not the type to be dictated to by players. If you don't want to work then **** off.

As Gibbo says the crowd have an important role tomorrow. If we can create an intimidating atmosphere i think our players will rise to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    We need to be as physical as possible tomorrow. Make our intent clear, set the tempo, take the game to them. We have to earn the right to oaky in the Championship.
    Let's upset them, get their fans wound up, raise the spirits of our fans, make it hostile.
    The only problem being is that tomorrow's ref loves flashing the cards

Cardiff 16/17

Yellow cards 68 (joint second lowest in the Championship)
    Red cards 3 (joint seventh best in the Championship)
    Rated the fifth best disciplinary record in the league

Aston Villa 16/17
    Yellow cards 87 (joint fourth worst in the Championship)
    Red cards 4 (joint tenth worst in the Championship)
    Rated the seventh worst disciplinary record in the league

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...saison_id=2016
    yellow cards

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm glad Warnock is not the type to be dictated to by players. If you don't want to work then **** off.

As Gibbo says the crowd have an important role tomorrow. If we can create an intimidating atmosphere i think our players will rise to it.

At times us fans need an opposition player to gee us up & last season it was Jack Grealish. Tomorrow we have John Terry coming to town & I suspect that having him in the opposition's ranks will help to crank up the atmosphere a notch or two.

At times us fans need an opposition player to gee us up & last season it was Jack Grealish. Tomorrow we have John Terry coming to town & I suspect that having him in the opposition's ranks will help to crank up the atmosphere a notch or two.
    Crowd will be silent.

Who are we meant to boo? Terry or Neil Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Crowd will be silent.

Who are we meant to boo? Terry or Neil Taylor?

If ccfc is your life then you really should know the answer to your question.

As for the crowd being silent

If ccfc is your life then you really should know the answer to your question.

As for the crown being silent
    It's a tricky one though. You'd instinctively think to boo Taylor but the fact is even the Jacks couldn't stand him so we'd basically be brothers in arms with them on that score. Terry is eminently more booable than any currently active player though on many different levels.

It's just so difficult...

In a one word answer, 'yes'. But not dirty. I notice that every challenge a City player makes on an opponent who has the ball is just enough to put them off, but without incurring a foul. Previously we would just close them down. Have a look today, we'll be in their faces, and all other teams, but without actually committing a foul.

Good ol' Neil !!