+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Leicester. The PL is back

Re: Arsenal v Leicester. The PL is back

Shakespeare has lost them 3 points there.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Ozil's was. Looked at ball, can see his arm move out towards it.
    I thought his arm was by his side, and it would have just hit him on the hip anyway.

I'm sure Leicester fans will disagree, but not hand ball for me.

Delighted for Rambo but doubtless the Arsenal fans will be on his back again soon. When he has a run of games without injury he is an outstanding player. He has two more games before Austria. Just stay fit Aaron.

Rambo's touch is sublime by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Delighted for Rambo but doubtless the Arsenal fans will be on his back again soon. When he has a run of games without injury he is an outstanding player. He has two more games before Austria. Just stay fit Aaron.
    Piers Morgan will be gutted that he came on, scored, made a difference and was a major part in an Arsenal win.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I thought his arm was by his side, and it would have just hit him on the hip anyway.

I'm sure Leicester fans will disagree, but not hand ball for me.
    It probably would have hit him on the hip, problem was his arm did move out, the ball then hitting it. It was hand to ball rather than ball to hand.

Missed the Leicester handball incident, but from the slo-mo replays I've seen, I've no doubt Ozil intended to control with the arm.

^^^this
    Last sentence especially

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Rambo's touch is sublime by the way
    I have seen the goal and it was a great first touch. Let's hope he gets to play on the world stage next summer.

Shakespeare and Ramsey both changed the game tonight. Football is a great sport.

Definite handball but thete was a stoppage and 2 phases of play later before they scored.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Shakespeare and Ramsey both changed the game tonight. Football is a great sport.
    I wish all games were like that one Gringo

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Piers Morgan will be gutted that he came on, scored, made a difference and was a major part in an Arsenal win.
    Yep a classless twerp who has it in for Aaron because he refused to shake his hand. Good for Aaron. Morgan typifies the worst in Arsenal supporters with their self entitlement.

Yep a classless twerp who has it in for Aaron because he refused to shake his hand. Good for Aaron. Morgan typifies the worst in Arsenal supporters with their self entitlement.
    ^^^This again

Agreed, but that's something replay could well have picked up.

Replay system being trialled in MLS ( mid-season, great idea that ) and it's been working pretty well. Game the other night, player scored. Teams going back to lineup, replay ref informed ref that they'd evidence the goal should be disallowed. Ref goes over the the video monitor, sees the replay.

Disallows goal, books "scorer" and awards free kick to defending side as the replay showed the ball had been deliberately handled before put into net.

Whole process was max of two minutes.

There was a feature on the company running the replay stuff, Howard Webb is involved. They aren't looking to review every incident, what they are looking for is evidence that can conclusively show the on field decision was wrong - which would minimise interventions. On field ref then makes the decision to overturn or not.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Have that Piersy
    Reading fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ^^^This again
    And again

Can't remember if I dreamt it but I'm sure I seen an MLS decision the other day where the ref went and watched a replay and made the decision himself rather than rely on an extra official?

I wish all games were like that one Gringo
    Me too mate. Can't wait til tomorrow's game though mate. I just wish it was December or something so it could be dark.
    I think Bruce will sit off us this year and try and put the onus on us to attack.

Any manager with any sense would defend first at CCS in my opinion.

We should be lightning on the counter attack with our front 3.

Can't remember if I dreamt it but I'm sure I seen an MLS decision the other day where the ref went and watched a replay and made the decision himself rather than rely on an extra official?
    It was Holland mate.
    Feyenoord scored but the ref cancelled the goal and gave a penalty to the opposition.

Knowing Arsenals past treatment of him I doubt if he is fully fit at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Knowing Arsenals past treatment of him I doubt if he is fully fit at the moment

At least Wenger didn't start him tonight. That opening game cost Wales dear last season.

I think Ramsey is gonna have another season where he's scoring for fun. Praying he stays fit this year. Wenger said after the game he didn't start him cos last season against Liverpool first game look what happened when he wasn't fully fit. Who said Wenger doesn't favour Ramsey? He plays him at every opportunity.

Cracking game mind..

I think Wenger reached his peak for Arsenal years ago. Got them to a certain level, can't progress from there. Defensive, you always think they'll concede, light years away from the Graham / Tony Adams days. Lack a prolific striker.

Even his attitude. Compare and contrast with Warnock at a similar age - Warnock full of beans.

Wenger is like Ferguson in Ferguson's latter days. The problems are evident, just no real clue as to how to fix them. Like Man Utd, next Arsenal manager will be on a hiding to nothing.
    To be fair, where can you go after winning the title without losing a game?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To be fair, where can you go after winning the title without losing a game?
    Winning the title without losing or drawing a game.

Winning the title without conceding a goal

Even if that's true, Wenger has never seemingly had enough confidence in him, seems to bring midfielders in regularly.

If Rambo want success in his domestic career, he needs to move to a club that can actually organise a defence for one thing. That, or see out his contract and move back to us on a Bosman...
    I disagree about Wenger, I think he plays Ramsey at every opportunity (and sometimes even when he shouldn't be playing him). Its the Arsenal fans who can't see what a gem he is, much better than the overrated Ozil in my opinion.
    Agree about the defence,they've been awful for years, how Steve Bould stays in a job is beyond me.