+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Leicester. The PL is back

Re: Arsenal v Leicester. The PL is back

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I think Wenger reached his peak for Arsenal years ago. Got them to a certain level, can't progress from there. Defensive, you always think they'll concede, light years away from the Graham / Tony Adams days. Lack a prolific striker.

Even his attitude. Compare and contrast with Warnock at a similar age - Warnock full of beans.

Wenger is like Ferguson in Ferguson's latter days. The problems are evident, just no real clue as to how to fix them. Like Man Utd, next Arsenal manager will be on a hiding to nothing.
    Agree with most of that but disagree on the last part.

United won the league in Fergies last season, and he achieved so much more than Wenger. Plus Fergie went on his own terms, most Arsenal fans want Wenger gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Agree with most of that but disagree on the last part.

United won the league in Fergies last season, and he achieved so much more than Wenger. Plus Fergie went on his own terms, most Arsenal fans want Wenger gone now.
    Ferguson had an aging side though - that was his major problem, hell, had to bring Scholes back. Yes, they won the title but the problems were still there. Ferguson knew that major changes had to be made in that squad, left on a high to preserve his legacy and leaving the next manager to get all the crap as a decline was inevitable.

If anything, it's almost the opposite of Ferguson's approach. Wenger has stuck in there rather than leaving.

Rambo on.

Ferguson had an aging side though - that was his major problem, hell, had to bring Scholes back. Yes, they won the title but the problems were still there. Ferguson knew that major changes had to be made in that squad, left on a high to preserve his legacy and leaving the next manager to get all the crap as a decline was inevitable.

If anything, it's almost the opposite of Ferguson's approach. Wenger has stuck in there rather than leaving.
    I agree that Fergie knew it was time to go. Wenger, it seems doesn't. Instead of leaving on the back of yet another cup win, beating the champions against all the odds, decided to put himself through it again. Why?!?!?

That is why Wenger won't be as difficult to replace as Fergie. The fans have turned on him.

Perhaps cos his record of 20 consecutive champions league qualifications, or whatever it is, was broken he felt he couldn't leave, I don't know?

What i do know is if they don't score in the next 16 plus injury minutes he's under massive pressure again already.

Fergie knew it was time to go - for selfish reasons though. He left on a high to preserve his legacy. Moyes was anointed by him, put in an almost impossible situation of filling Fergie's boots, delivering success whilst completely revamping the squad. Can argue all day long as to Moyes ability as a manager, but he was left in a situation where failure was almost inevitable. Fergie leaving the way he did hurt Man United for several seasons.

Wenger should have gone several seasons ago, with a succession plan in place. Right now he's hurting Arsenal.

Rambo 3-3

Crazy substitution from William Shakespeare

Ramsey!!!

4-3 Arsenal

4-3 Giroud

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Ramsey!!!
    I think Arsenal will win this

Fergie knew it was time to go - for selfish reasons though. He left on a high to preserve his legacy. Moyes was anointed by him, put in an almost impossible situation of filling Fergie's boots, delivering success whilst completely revamping the squad. Can argue all day long as to Moyes ability as a manager, but he was left in a situation where failure was almost inevitable. Fergie leaving the way he did hurt Man United for several seasons.

Wenger should have gone several seasons ago, with a succession plan in place. Right now he's hurting Arsenal.
    I agree. Absolutely. I know Fergie had interests outside football with his horses. No secret he likes a tipple either.

Wenger maybe has nothing else to consume his life other than football?

Ohhhh there we go!

Serves that back stabbing Judas, Craig Shakespeare, right.

Taking a midfielder off for a striker away to Arsenal with 10 to go? Bonkers.

Arsenal just papering over the cracks you feel.

You have to love the Premier League, what a game to kick it all off!

Have that Piersy

You have to love the Premier League, what a game to kick it all off!
    Absolutely! I went 1-0 Arsenal in my score prediction league. Thought it would be tight early doors.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Serves that back stabbing Judas, Craig Shakespeare, right.

Taking a midfielder off for a striker away to Arsenal with 10 to go? Bonkers.

Arsenal just papering over the cracks you feel.
    Can't stand Shakespeare, a combination of substitution decisions turned the game around. Wenger had genuine quality in reserve though.

Ramsey is world class. Wonderful first touch!

Arsenal do play some cracking football, no question about that. It's just their defence is just so ropey anytime the ball is near their penalty area you almost expect a goal.

I know we are all biased about Ramsey here, but he really is something else in this Arsenal side. He just somehow manages to change games, especially in big games. This has been a masterclass, he is sprinting everywhere and has been for 20 mins straight.

FT 4-3

I know we are all biased about Ramsey here, but he really is something else in this Arsenal side. He just somehow manages to change games, especially in big games. This has been a masterclass, he is sprinting everywhere and has been for 20 mins straight.
    So much more intent once he came on. Gets in great positions and a good finisher.

They should give him the freedom of North London, the amount of times he's dug Arsenal out.

Very naive of Leicester, had Arsenal down and blew it.
    Bad play by Shakespeare :coat:

TV commentators getting in a tail spin about the Ozil 'handball' when there was a far more blatant one by the Leicester player that could easily have been a penalty.
    I don't think either we're handball for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    TV commentators getting in a tail spin about the Ozil 'handball' when there was a far more blatant one by the Leicester player that could easily have been a penalty.
    I don't think either we're handball for what it's worth.
    Ozil's was. Looked at ball, can see his arm move out towards it.