+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Ralls

Blue in the Face

Re: Joe Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    But you originally said the best creative left footed midfielder. You didn't say defensive or all rounder. I don't think Ralls can play a killer pass as good as Whitts or McPhail.

I think he's been outstanding this season, but it's early days and he has to keep it up for a long time before you can make a case he's better than those two.
    I re-read my post and can see why you read is that way. What I intended to say more concisely was that Ralls was the best of the names mentioned because of his all round play. You're right he has not yet proven himself to be more creative, but I'd have Ralls as he is now over McPhail or Whitts or Kimbo at their peaks because Ralls is better suited to the championship. Not only were McPhail and Whitts very easy to play through at this level, they were quite is to pressure when on the ball. Whitts had more skill than these names, but it's no coincidence that when we have excelled over the last five years it had co-incided with Whitts being out of the team.

I expect the Whitty-bummers to put me on ignore for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We all like Ralls here but to hint that he’s better than Whitts who could change a game on his own is ludicrous.
    It's just a difference of opinion. Whitts could change a game for the negative too. A lot of championship centre mids would probably rather face Whitts than Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    He has 'come on' this season but he has been 'coming on' for the past 6 seasons.

He is not really a game changer but would be so much better if he could pass forwards more often, used his right foot and had more pace. But he won't be able to do any of that so he has likely peaked. He is a Warnock type as he is busy and gives everything but he does lack that magic factor and dynamism.

I'd have had him or Damour starting v Derby with Tomlin. They were too alike.
    Think Ralls is getting a little more dynamic. What I would like to see from him now is for him to excel in games where his team-mates are playing badly.

Good point about Damour. Damour has proven a good purchase and a great squad player for us, but he hasn't proven to have that much presence. He can be a little anonymous. I would have definitely started Tomlin. I'm getting the impression that Neil maybe doesn't trust Tomlin. He does seem to "do his own thing" from what I've seen from his cameos for us.

I used to have a lot of respect for you football knowledge BITF but youve just blown it.

Ralls over a peak Whitts?!?!?!. Leave it there ffs.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I used to have a lot of respect for you football knowledge BITF but youve just blown it.

Ralls over a peak Whitts?!?!?!. Leave it there ffs.
    It's over between us isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    It's over between us isn't it?
    Youre dead to me

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Youre dead to me

Ralls is fine. Peak Whitts and McPhail would take sides apart and they wouldn't have to move. Ralls has never won a game on his own, those two absolutely dominated sides at times. The POF season they were both exceptional.