+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ralls

Joe Ralls

I thought the lad was outstanding Today. He and Gunnarsson's work went unnoticed today but the shape of our midfield with Damour in front of them was superb.

Whelan must be having nightmares about them on the way home as he looked like an old man out there today.

Ralls was far more positive than usual and was also tenacious and strong.

Obviously Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Zohore will have most of the headlibe but we were incredible from 1-11 and our midfield 3 were brilliant.

Re: Joe Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I thought the lad was outstanding Today. He and Gunnarsson's work went unnoticed today but the shape of our midfield with Damour in front of them was superb.

Whelan must be having nightmares about them on the way home as he looked like an old man out there today.

Ralls was far more positive than usual and was also tenacious and strong.

Obviously Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Zohore will have most of the headlibe but we were incredible from 1-11 and our midfield 3 were brilliant.
    I agree with this, I think Ralls recognised he needed to raise his game to retain his place and he certainly did that today. Competition improves performance.

Ralls had his best game for a while but was rightly overshadowed by Damour who was superb. We are looking good for Tuesday.

I thought Ralls looks like he's lost quite a bit of weight since last season. Maybe a good pre season will sharpen him up a bit. The midfield did look good as a unit. Balanced, defended well and pacey going forward.

I'm still not convinced by Hoilett though

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Really? Hoilett played really well today, didn't really do much wrong at all!

I'm not a fan of Ralls but I agree that he had a great game today, let's hope he keeps it up

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I thought Ralls looks like he's lost quite a bit of weight since last season. Maybe a good pre season will sharpen him up a bit. The midfield did look good as a unit. Balanced, defended well and pacey going forward.

I thought Hoilett was superb mate. I thought he was our main threat in the first half and had Hutton on toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Ralls had his best game for a while but was rightly overshadowed by Damour who was superb. We are looking good for Tuesday.
    You don't know what you're talking about mate, he played for a team that came 13 in ligue 2 last season, he must be shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Really? Hoilett played really well today, didn't really do much wrong at all!
    Im not saying he had a bad game. I think it may have been his cross for the first goal - Im just not a fan. When he gets the ball in good positions he never looks like hes going to deliver but I shouldnt be raising it today. Not fair on him or team. Excellent team performance

Ralls was excellent today, as were the whole team. The midfield looked balanced for once.

So good to see us attack at pace.

Blue in the Face

This guy has come of age this season. It's all very well having a stand out game every now and again, but his performance levels haven't really been dropping to a 6. Not only is he bossing game now, but he's really lovely to watch. Think he's overtaken Whitts and McPhail as the best creative centre mid leftie we've had in recent times. And Kimbo (if there are any k-bummers still out there).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    This guy has come of age this season. It's all very well having a stand out game every now and again, but his performance levels haven't really been dropping to a 6. Not only is he bossing game now, but he's really lovely to watch. Think he's overtaken Whitts and McPhail as the best creative centre mid leftie we've had in recent times. And Kimbo (if there are any k-bummers still out there).
    Poor against Derby I thought

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Not 100% fit and having a difficult role to fill. He was still the pick of the bunch in comparison to Huddlestone, Ledley, Lawrence, Damour and Bamba .

When you look at the names in that Derby trio then that's not a bad effory

Think he's overtaken Whitts and McPhail as the best creative centre mid leftie we've had in recent times. And Kimbo (if there are any k-bummers still out there).
    Steady now

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Thought he was great but both teams cancelled each other out. Was a fascinating midfield battle.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Steady now
    I reckon he's a better all round player for the position because he can press and defend a lot better than those I mentioned.

Are you his agent?

Seriously though, yes he's had a good start to the season and NW style of play, i.e. not defensive or sideways like his predecessors, has brought the best out in Ralls.
    It has been less than a year compared to many years of top performances from Whitts and McPhail.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Are you his agent?

Seriously though, yes he's had a good start to the season and NW style of play, i.e. not defensive or sideways like his predecessors, has brought the best out in Ralls.
    It has been less than a year compared to many years of top performances from Whitts and McPhail.
    As much as there was a lot to admire, I never saw Whitts or McPhail as complete centre mids, whereas Ralls's weaknesses are not so obvious. What I'm liking most about Ralls these days is he very often makes the right decision on the ball.

As much as there was a lot to admire, I never saw Whitts or McPhail as complete centre mids, whereas Ralls's weaknesses are not so obvious. What I'm liking most about Ralls these days is he very often makes the right decision on the ball.
    Don't get me wrong, I would be more than happy for you to be proved right but Ralls's performances need to be over a sustained period of time before he can be regarded as better than players who have played hundreds of games.

The lad seems to be enjoying his football, playing with a freedom allowing him to express himself.
    Under RS and PT he came in for a lot of criticism, this is in no small way down to the way they set up and the job he was asked to do.
    Playing with good players makes you play better also and the new boys have been outstanding.

Ralls is much better than Mcphail.

Thought he was great but both teams cancelled each other out. Was a fascinating midfield battle.

I reckon he's a better all round player for the position because he can press and defend a lot better than those I mentioned.
    But you originally said the best creative left footed midfielder. You didn't say defensive or all rounder. I don't think Ralls can play a killer pass as good as Whitts or McPhail.

I think he's been outstanding this season, but it's early days and he has to keep it up for a long time before you can make a case he's better than those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ralls is much better than Mcphail.
    Well, he's not, is he? He's a good player, with good mobility but his passing is hardly top notch. He doesn't have any glaring weaknesses he's not a pass master either. He is a good player and plays very well in a Warnock team.

We all like Ralls here but to hint that he’s better than Whitts who could change a game on his own is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Well, he's not, is he? He's a good player, with good mobility but his passing is hardly top notch. He doesn't have any glaring weaknesses he's not a pass master either. He is a good player and plays very well in a Warnock team.
    Agreed. Mcphails passing range was far superior to Ralls. Ralls is a good energetic midfielder, who works well in a Warnock team, but as a footballer he doesnt come close to Whitts or Mcphail imo.

He has 'come on' this season but he has been 'coming on' for the past 6 seasons.

He is not really a game changer but would be so much better if he could pass forwards more often, used his right foot and had more pace. But he won't be able to do any of that so he has likely peaked. He is a Warnock type as he is busy and gives everything but he does lack that magic factor and dynamism.

I'd have had him or Damour starting v Derby with Tomlin. They were too alike.

Can we cap him for Wales yet?