Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
Nope but he left the club in a desperate financial mess. We were close to going under. I appreciate your dislike of Tan but at least he has not left your club in the lurch and on the verge of administration.
The problem is that as a direct result of Tan's actions and the reactions to them from a large percentage of the fanbase, I no longer consider Cardiff City to be 'my club' as such and I know that there are many other people who feel the same, while there are more still who have continued to attend matches and support the team but no longer feel the kind of bond with the club that they previously had.

During the last fifteen months I've seen two good friends go to their graves having lost a large part of their love and affection for CCFC during Tan's tenure. These were guys who really did have Cardiff City in their blood, but who never felt remotely the same about the club after the rebrand fiasco. Another acquaintance who had been an ardent City supporter since the Sixties died a few weeks ago. My partner attended his funeral last week. She met him through her work with the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust and they remained friends until he died. Neither has supported the club since the rebrand.

I guess the depth of that kind of feeling is difficult to understand unless the sort of thing that happened here happens at your club, and even then different people would have had entirely different reactions to the whole affair. Perhaps the saddest thing is that the situation simply wouldn't have come about in the first place had it not been for the ego of one man. He may have plenty of money but as far as some of us are concerned that in no way compensates for the damage he's done, and it never did.