+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what is the benefit of VT's visit?

Re: So what is the benefit of VT's visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I was a bit crass, I acknowledge. I did say I was joking. No doubt you'll turn this into a 3 pager.
    It's already a 2 pager.

Without going over old ground, I under stand from earlier posts you were disillusioned with the reaction of fellow supporters to the rebrand. I have had the same reaction to friends who voted Brexit. I can never see them in the same light again, so belatedly I understand where you are coming from TLG.
    The big difference is the rebrand was reversed, it is doubtful Brexit will be. So perhaps you might just start to follow our beloved bluebirds with the passion of old in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep fair enough and there is no doubt your attendances were in steep decline. If he came out and admitted he made a serious mistake and apologised would it make any difference to you?
    I'd maybe gain a tiny bit of respect for him, although to be honest such an admission would come way too late for it to make any material difference to me and I'm sure many others feel the same. I'm confident it'll never happen anyway - based on everything I've learned about him from the people he's had direct dealings with, it seems he's just not that type of individual.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Without going over old ground, I under stand from earlier posts you were disillusioned with the reaction of fellow supporters to the rebrand. I have had the same reaction to friends who voted Brexit. I can never see them in the same light again, so belatedly I understand where you are coming from TLG.
    The big difference is the rebrand was reversed, it is doubtful Brexit will be. So perhaps you might just start to follow our beloved bluebirds with the passion of old in the future.
    The problem is you can't just turn a feeling like passion on or off. You either have it or you don't. I really enjoyed yesterday's game but the feeling when the goals went it was totally different to how it used to be before the rebrand happened. When you've lost your passion for a football club, it's difficult to imagine it ever returning. Maybe it will one day, although right now I'd say that was highly unlikely.

I never lost that passion but I understand how someone can, for all sorts of valid and sincere reasons.
    This message board has not been the same without the insights that you used to post pre rebrand.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    That's purely analogous.

Tan makes a mistake then makes good on it, Never to be forgiven
    Sam takes the club to the edge then squeezes a wee bit more money out of it, Airbrushed over and still on the Christmas card list
    You really could not make it up
    The power of Ice creams ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    That's purely analogous.
    Lol he said anal

Best owner we have ever had , anyone not happy well stop supporting the team and leave this board, perhaps watch the rugger instead , Its City till we die isnt it , you either love the club or you don't ,up or down ,good or bad .

People take football a little bit seriously don't they?!

SuperBluebirds91

I hated the red but it's history now - I've moved on. Tan changed us back to blue and yes it was a business decision but also must have taken a lot to admit he was wrong and for that I do respect him. Also he has kept our club that I love afloat and things are moving in the right direction. It feels great to be a city fan again, esp now but even last season when we weren't playing well at the beginning the club were trying to make positives moves but, Unfortunately didn't pay off with Trollope. I believe the visit of Tan could have only been a positive one whether it is about more funds, to touch base with Warnock and the team or just to come to the match.

Really ? Those who attended matches in the time we played in red did exactly the same then . To me all football tops are a joke and I have never worn one , but if my son wanted one I'd buy him one

Your a self righteous dickhead by the sounds of it -

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    That's purely analogous.
    Hall ha