+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Power, pace and incredible fitness combine for a triffic win

Power, pace and incredible fitness combine for a triffic win

Not brute force, but controlled aggression wore Villa down, just like last season.

It was exhilerating to see genuine pace and to anticipate breakaways time and time again. We could have had eight! There was one point in the first half when we had the ball in our half and you could just see the break was on - and sure enough three attackers poured forward.

The match was played at electrifying pace for the first quarter of an hour and we were then at it for the rest of the game. Apart from knocks, Warlock didn't need to make one substitution. The effects of pre-season training have been a revelation. Congrats to the backroom staff.

After slagging off Damour on Tuesday, he was a colossus today.....and Mendez-Laing is a powerhouse.

We've truly hit the ground running this season - which I guess was the objective of the exercise...

Re: Power, pace and incredible fitness combine for a triffic win

I agree, City were incredible, can we keep this going though.. yes please

Glad we've got a warlock in charge, if things are going badly he can always whip up a demonic spell to turn the game in our favour.

Agree with all the above. The whole team looked fitter and better than Villa.
    In particular Mendez Laing, hoilett, damour and big ken.
    They made the villa defence look ordinary, and we could've stuck five or six past them.
    No danger of us doing a cardiff today, we kept going right to the final whistle, we only sat back once late in, otherwise we kept going forward.
    Early days of course, but this looks like the best city team since the promotion team.
    Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    They made the villa defence look ordinary, and we could've stuck five or six past them.
    No danger of us doing a cardiff today, we kept going right to the final whistle, we only sat back once late in, otherwise we kept going forward.
    Early days of course, but this looks like the best city team since the promotion team.
    Great stuff
    It is early days as you say and Warlock will be keen to impress that on his squad.
    He will be very contented deep down though as the effort that he has put in since he's been here and in particular in the close season, is coming to fruition.

Bamba btw (not mentioned much) today was No nonsense awesome. Terry would do.well to get a tape of the man to show him how to go on in this division.
    Last edited by MacAdder; 12-08-17 at 17:01. Reason: grammar!

Damour was fantastic I thought. Apart from Mendez-Laing and Zohore he was the best player on the pitch.

Though has to be said the Ken and NML were sensational at times, should have scored a hat trick each really. Hoilett's confidence was so high that his performance went above his usual level as well. That front 3 were excellent this afternoon.

Only worry was first ten mins we were happy to keep a fairly high line and almost got punished for it with the ball over the top to Hogan. Etheridge near the end had a shocker as well, doesn't fill me with confidence so hope Camp will be up to something a little more stable.

3-0 was flattering to Villa, should have been 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Great stuff
    Some Villa fans are saying we could have had seven!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Some Villa fans are saying we could have had seven!
    Best team performance from City in a good few years and a handful of superb individual performances as well.

Looking very positive for CCFC at the moment, especially with a couple of injured players who will get in to the first team to improve things even further. Now looking at depth as well as quality.

Warnock really is a top manager at this level.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

We came along way to enjoy the game today It had everything and the right result.

I thought Bamba was excellent. His long legs and head kept getting in the way of the ball whereas Terry didnt look like he knew what was going on half the time

Damour was first rate. ML excellent and Zohore was a joy to behold; strong on the ball, pace and dangerous everytime he had the goal in sight

Villa defence looked one paced, because we broke strongly, but their goalkeeper played out of his skin to save a more embarrassing, for them, scoreline

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Not brute force, but controlled aggression wore Villa down, just like last season.

It was exhilerating to see genuine pace and to anticipate breakaways time and time again. We could have had eight! There was one point in the first half when we had the ball in our half and you could just see the break was on - and sure enough three attackers poured forward.

The match was played at electrifying pace for the first quarter of an hour and we were then at it for the rest of the game. Apart from knocks, Warlock didn't need to make one substitution. The effects of pre-season training have been a revelation. Congrats to the backroom staff.

After slagging off Damour on Tuesday, he was a colossus today.....and Mendez-Laing is a powerhouse.

We've truly hit the ground running this season - which I guess was the objective of the exercise...
    I picked a good day to go back didn't I was lovely to see you today...finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I picked a good day to go back didn't I was lovely to see you today...finally.
    I'm sure it was - power, pace and incredible fitness personified, eh?

Hope you've sobered up a bit now......

Blog Entries

I'm sure it was - power, pace and incredible fitness personified, eh?

Hope you've sobered up a bit now......
    I was a tad tipsy when we saw you, plus you caught me off guard lol

We popped in to see Tony in the Canton after the game, he was not as drunk as I was expecting tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I was a tad tipsy when we saw you, plus you caught me off guard lol

We popped in to see Tony in the Canton after the game, he was not as drunk as I was expecting tbh.
    A tad tipsy (!) - when I almost knocked you over when I 'accidentally' bumped into you. You should have seen the look on yer face!

Quite chuffed with my 'Do you come here often?' line.

Blog Entries

A tad tipsy (!) - when I almost knocked you over when I 'accidentally' bumped into you. You should have seen the look on yer face!

Quite chuffed with my 'Do you come here often?' line.

I was quite stunned actually, and quite tipsy, the penny didn't drop for a while, I just remember calling Steve back and pointing at you, it's not like me to be lost for words.