+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A new club record?

A new club record?

Someone out there might know better, but I've been looking through the archives and I make it that this is the first time in our league history that we've won our first two league games without conceding a goal. There have been a few occasions when we've kept two clean sheets to start a league campaign but haven't won both, and other occasions when we've won both league fixtures but have conceded in one of them.

Re: A new club record?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Someone out there might know better, but I've been looking through the archives and I make it that this is the first time in our league history that we've won our first two league games without conceding a goal. There have been a few occasions when we've kept two clean sheets to start a league campaign but haven't won both, and other occasions when we've won both league fixtures but have conceded in one of them.
    Where is TLG when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Where is TLG when you need him?
    Taking his spiders for a walk, hand in hand with Sludge around Castell Coch.

We can research facts as well as anyone, thats all others do.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We can research facts as well as anyone, thats all others do.
    Nah, I've got it all at my fingertips and I can state categorically that.... hang on, I'll get back to you in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Taking his spiders for a walk, hand in hand with Sludge around Castell Coch.
    That's what TLG is so good at looking things up on the web

Yes, Eric is right - it's the first time we've won our first two league games without conceding a goal since we joined the Football League in 1920.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, Eric is right - it's the first time we've won our first two league games without conceding a goal since we joined the Football League in 1920.
    That's an interesting & impressive stat, well done to you & Eric for your research

Whatever happened to the old fella who used to comment every so often on here and the dark side....his name could be Cal or something like.?

Ive done some research and can confirm, I'm bloody useless at it .