+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do people need to make excuses?

Do people need to make excuses?

I noticed a thread by Sven on the other forum called " SURELY THERE CAN BE NO EXCUSES NOW...? " About fans turning up Tuesday..
    I'm not having a go at the poster but it got me thinking do people really need to make excuses and who do they have to answer to?
    It has nothing to do with other fans if someone doesn't want to go to an home or away game.

Re: Do people need to make excuses?

But but but it was Sven who said it.

I'm going because Sven said.

The only person anyone answers to is themselves......
    And the Mrs

I only answer to the Mrs.

She said I could go on Tuesday.

It's Zumba with some Hispanic guy so I'm free all evening

Just me, you and Sven going then.

I had an 'excuse', I was with family on a weekend away.
    I hope that's OK with 'Sven'. ;)

I admit I haven't read the article, as I don't like going 'over there'.

Is anybody much really 'making excuses' now though?

People are going to see the city - much like people always did.
    The attendance is way better than much of the attendances pre 'troubles' - as recently as the Jones era.

Attendances will continue to rise if City keep the standard high. Then that will be wrong in some peoples eyes.
    Sven's probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    The attendance is way better than much of the attendances pre 'troubles' - as recently as the Jones era.

Attendances will continue to rise if City keep the standard high. Then that will be wrong in some peoples eyes.
    Sven's probably.
    The club averaged 16,500 last season and 16,200 the season before. These are the two lowest average home crowds since the move from Ninian. What do you mean crowds are rising and is better than even the Jones era (unless you are talking about his early years)?

23,899 was the crowd yesterday, and 5,000 came from Villa.

It is 8000 higher than the opener last season, is that what you meant?

International

[QUOTE=Kris;4768704]The club averaged 16,500 last season and 16,200 the season before. These are the two lowest average home crowds since the move from Ninian. What do you mean crowds are rising and is better than even the Jones era (unless you are talking about his early years)?

23,899 was the crowd yesterday, and 3,850 came from Villa.

It is 8000 higher than the opener last season, is that what you meant?[/QUO

Corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    The club averaged 16,500 last season and 16,200 the season before. These are the two lowest average home crowds since the move from Ninian. What do you mean crowds are rising and is better than even the Jones era (unless you are talking about his early years)?

What was the early season attendances before Tan took over - before we had the (understandable IMO) reasons for people staying away?
    I seem to remember that they were lower than 23,899 / or nearly 19k Home support.

If you can illustrate otherwise, I will be surprised, and I will have happily learned something.

What was the early season attendances before Tan took over - before we had the (understandable IMO) reasons for people staying away?
    I seem to remember that they were lower than 23,899 / or nearly 19k Home support.

If you can illustrate otherwise, I will be surprised, and I will have happily learned something.

You are backing up your statement that crowds are improving on one home game?

You are backing up your statement that crowds are improving on one home game?
    Last season for the Villa game there were about 21500 in attendance, this season 23889. Check the maths. - thats an improvement. For Tuesdays game 17844 turned up - average so far is 20866. Again a considerable improvement on last season. We have also sold more season tickets than last year. Your doom and gloom is wasted on here.

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;4768715]

23,899 was the crowd yesterday, and 3,850 came from Villa.

It is 8000 higher than the opener last season, is that what you meant?[/QUO

Corrected
    And if we finally get the Season Ticket cards sorted, it will reduce the queues at the collection booths / TO and we hopefully won't see people leaving before the match even kicks off like on Tuesday and Saturday.

I have no idea if they were firstcomers or not, but they may be potential fans lost.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Last season for the Villa game there were about 21500 in attendance, this season 23889. Check the maths. - thats an improvement. For Tuesdays game 17844 turned up - average so far is 20866. Again a considerable improvement on last season. We have also sold more season tickets than last year. Your doom and gloom is wasted on here.
    This needed saying!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Fair points, but don't you think a sample size of 2 is a bit small?

I could, using the same ridiculously small sample size, claim that Cardiff's crowds have dropped alarmingly by 25.34%!

Continued results will see the average shoot up. While we were towards the top of the division under Jones crowds reflected that, in the same way that crowds reflected the mid table rubbish served up by Solksjaer and Slade.

Fair points, but don't you think a sample size of 2 is a bit small?

I could, using the same ridiculously small sample size, claim that Cardiff's crowds have dropped alarmingly by 25.34%!
    Jirga are you ever going to give it a rest? You could put a glass eye to sleep pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Jirga are you ever going to give it a rest?
    What does this mean?

What does this mean?
    I think it's a reference to your old username.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think it's a reference to your old username.
    Not me. sorry.

Not me. sorry.
    What was your old username?

Not me. sorry.
    Weird that you’re admitting it’s you now

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Weird that you’re admitting it’s you now
    Isn't it just?

I had an 'excuse', I was with family on a weekend away.
    I hope that's OK with 'Sven'. ;)

I admit I haven't read the article, as I don't like going 'over there'.

Is anybody much really 'making excuses' now though?

People are going to see the city - much like people always did.

Sven's probably.
    Oh FFS Sarge
    As soon as I read this I knew it'd start you know who off.

Chris, Chris, come back!