+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man of the match thread

Man of the match thread

Was thinking of doing a poll, but you only get ten options which kinda knackers that idea.

Anyway, I'm going with Mendez Laing.

Absolute steal imho, has real pace and quality. Two well taken goals, the second was sublime.

Re: Man of the match thread

MOM for me would be Hoilett joint with mendez laing

I'd say that NML was man of the match but I'd also like to say that this was team performance that I can remember

One of the best team performances for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    One of the best team performances for a long time.
    It was. The football was dynamic, played with real pace, none of this tippy tappy fifty passes in midfield shit that ends up going nowhere. City tore them to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    It was. The football was dynamic, played with real pace, none of this tippy tappy fifty passes in midfield shit that ends up going nowhere. City tore them to shreds.
    Yes a great team effort. And very hard to separate them in a MOM award. If I was pressed I would say Bamba. He was awesome at the back yesterday.
    Spedger

I'd go with NML but Zohore was another level at times yesterday compared to Villa's expensive "hot-shots".

Zohore was outstanding but NML nicks it because of his finishing. That third goal is as good as you will see this season.

The announcement for MOTM was Löic Damour, which I believe was chosen by the sponsors for the day and difficult to argue with that.
    It would also be difficult to argue with Mendez Laing, not just for his goals but his threat going forward with his pace and speed of thought.
    Junior Hoilett put in a performance to match his first couple of games for us last season, confident on the ball and willing to commit his full back.

Defensively, Bamba did everything asked of him by their expensively assembled attacking unit, so one could argue that he built the platform for our offensive line.

9.5 for each of those above.

Personally though, I'm going for our striker Big Ken with a 10.
    He provided the similar platform offensively that Bamba did for us defensively.
    Holding the ball up and allowing our excellent midfielders to move forward.
    Not just his strength on the ball but his agility off it. He was constantly looking to get behind them, stretching the game and thus allowing the space for our new boys to show off their skills.

For the second goal, Ken showed he can go either way and this will scare the crap out of defences.

The Sheffield United game can't come quick enough for the players, fans and most of all, The Boss! (no not MM, NW!)

It's not often that you get four or five players that could easily be MoM. I'd give to NML just for his second goal which was a thing of beauty. But Zohore was just brilliant again yesterday, the way he just shrugs off challenges and ghosts past defenders like they are not even there is so enjoyable to watch. We just have to hope and pray we can keep hold of him.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The announcement for MOTM was Löic Damour, which I believe was chosen by the sponsors for the day and difficult to argue with that.
    It would also be difficult to argue with Mendez Laing, not just for his goals but his threat going forward with his pace and speed of thought.
    Junior Hoilett put in a performance to match his first couple of games for us last season, confident on the ball and willing to commit his full back.

Defensively, Bamba did everything asked of him by their expensively assembled attacking unit, so one could argue that he built the platform for our offensive line.

9.5 for each of those above.

Personally though, I'm going for our striker Big Ken with a 10.
    He provided the similar platform offensively that Bamba did for us defensively.
    Holding the ball up and allowing our excellent midfielders to move forward.
    Not just his strength on the ball but his agility off it. He was constantly looking to get behind them, stretching the game and thus allowing the space for our new boys to show off their skills.

For the second goal, Ken showed he can go either way and this will scare the crap out of defences.

The Sheffield United game can't come quick enough for the players, fans and most of all, The Boss! (no not MM, NW!)
    NML was the sponsors MOM . He got a heroes welcome when he came up to collect the award . Tan was also mobbed as he wandered through the Ricoh lounge . I had my photo taken with him . Time to let bygones be bygones ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    NML was the sponsors MOM . He got a heroes welcome when he came up to collect the award . Tan was also mobbed as he wandered through the Ricoh lounge . I had my photo taken with him . Time to let bygones be bygones ..
    Post the pictures Gar....I mean James.

Very difficult to split the front three. All 3 were on it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Ah, I must have misheard the announcer (who was pretty piss poor, another reason to bring back Ali Yassine).

Glad to hear the bygones bit, I'm sure Vince slept well that night

Oh I can't wait either

Ah, I must have misheard the announcer (who was pretty piss poor, another reason to bring back Ali Yassine).

Listening to Radio Wales phone in it seems Ali is now a she, according to the bird that reads the texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Oh I can't wait either
    .... just thought I'd get in there before the grammar police stepped in and derailed the thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Listening to Radio Wales phone in it seems Ali is now a she, according to the bird that reads the texts.
    Really??

Don't know who was doing the announcements today but it wasn't the usual guy Huw from the foundation .
    Ali won't be coming back any time soon . In fact ever .
    Yeah Vinnie said it meant a lot to him to have my blessing .

Either Damour, NML, Junior, or Zohore for me.

The way Ali left, there is more chance of him playing centre forward than coming back to do the announcements.

Went to the game with 4 Villa fanatics (less said about the drinking the better, 6 pints in 2 hours before kick-off took me back 30 years!).

Anyway, interesting from their perspective they thought our 3 best players were Bamba, Ralls and Zohore.

Before the game they said their weaknesses were their pace and their full-backs. Spot on I'd say!

Would give it to ML for his goals but think Hoilett was equally impressive otherwise. Also thought Damour had a great game. Looks a class act on the ball and doesn't half cover some ground! Him and ML look like they could be a couple of bargains!

Tough call team were superb ,wobbles at the back , keeper does worry ,Hoilett for me