+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking

Parking

My customary parking spot has been blocked off so wondering where the best (free) place to park is, any suggestions please?

Re: Parking

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    My customary parking spot has been blocked off so wondering where the best (free) place to park is, any suggestions please?
    Asda!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Asda!
    I thought there was a time limit there?

whrre did u park before it was blocked off

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    whrre did u park before it was blocked off
    Down by the health board

Bessemer Road

In the streets by the Cornwall pub.

I either park by Asda or by canton rugby club

Gents. I parked at the Madejski yesterday. Never again. The club have whacked up parking from £8 to £15. Absolutely disgraceful. Just bear it in mind when you travel to our place.

The car park behind the shops off Severn Road. Bit of a walk but you can get away before the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Gents. I parked at the Madejski yesterday. Never again. The club have whacked up parking from £8 to £15. Absolutely disgraceful. Just bear it in mind when you travel to our place.
    WTF

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    WTF
    Apparently the club are encouraging fans to use local transport. That's all well and good but I live 60 miles away. Will be ringing the club about this tomorrow as it's a joke. Parking is already pretty poor outside of the stadium as it is.

If you park in Asda it can take half hour minimum to get out. Unless you're an early leaver.

Kind of don't wanna give the game away, but it's already been said, the streets of Cornwall street are good. Short walk then no traffic driving home..

That is a complete joke

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    If you park in Asda it can take half hour minimum to get out. Unless you're an early leaver.

Kind of don't wanna give the game away, but it's already been said, the streets of Cornwall street are good. Short walk then no traffic driving home..
    Short walk?!?!?

Hadfield road yesterday was a half hour queue. Do the traffic lights get manually changed when it's busy? I timed it yesterday and they didn't change for 7 minutes and 45 seconds

I go for a pint after the game and watch the majority of the evening game

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I go for a pint after the game and watch the majority of the evening game
    5 and drive?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    5 and drive?
    Only 4

Apparently the club are encouraging fans to use local transport. That's all well and good but I live 60 miles away. Will be ringing the club about this tomorrow as it's a joke. Parking is already pretty poor outside of the stadium as it is.
    We parked in the Holiday inn in January and it was a £5. Not to far from the stadium either but a nightmare to get out after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    We parked in the Holiday inn in January and it was a £5. Not to far from the stadium either but a nightmare to get out after the game.
    It's a nightmare wherever at Reading. I may well park there on Tuesday night but I'm pretty certain it will have gone up a few quid as the parking places in Bennett Road have gone up £3 from last season so it's a problem around the ground at the moment.

It's a nightmare wherever at Reading. I may well park there on Tuesday night but I'm pretty certain it will have gone up a few quid as the parking places in Bennett Road have gone up £3 from last season so it's a problem around the ground at the moment.
    Why is parking in Reading city centre so expensive as well? I was there on Thursday and cheapest I could find for 5-6 hours was £8, avg £12-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Why is parking in Reading city centre so expensive as well? I was there on Thursday and cheapest I could find for 5-6 hours was £8, avg £12-14.
    Yep agreed mate. London prices being charged. I can't explain the explosion in parking prices and was taken by surprise yesterday. Will let you know the cheaper places to park for when you visit the Madejski. Just avoid parking at the stadium.

We always park on the council housing estate near the M4 junction (behind a petrol station),at Reading. It's a 15min walk from the stadium, but easy to get on and off the motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    We always park on the council housing estate near the M4 junction (behind a petrol station),at Reading. It's a 15min walk from the stadium, but easy to get on and off the motorway.
    Thanks for that. I will take a look at this as a possible option. I'm just a bit wary of vandalism issues so tend to play it safe where I park.