+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Parking

I either park by Asda or by canton rugby club

Gents. I parked at the Madejski yesterday. Never again. The club have whacked up parking from £8 to £15. Absolutely disgraceful. Just bear it in mind when you travel to our place.

The car park behind the shops off Severn Road. Bit of a walk but you can get away before the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Gents. I parked at the Madejski yesterday. Never again. The club have whacked up parking from £8 to £15. Absolutely disgraceful. Just bear it in mind when you travel to our place.
    WTF

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    WTF
    Apparently the club are encouraging fans to use local transport. That's all well and good but I live 60 miles away. Will be ringing the club about this tomorrow as it's a joke. Parking is already pretty poor outside of the stadium as it is.

Apparently the club are encouraging fans to use local transport. That's all well and good but I live 60 miles away. Will be ringing the club about this tomorrow as it's a joke. Parking is already pretty poor outside of the stadium as it is.
    We parked in the Holiday inn in January and it was a £5. Not to far from the stadium either but a nightmare to get out after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    We parked in the Holiday inn in January and it was a £5. Not to far from the stadium either but a nightmare to get out after the game.
    It's a nightmare wherever at Reading. I may well park there on Tuesday night but I'm pretty certain it will have gone up a few quid as the parking places in Bennett Road have gone up £3 from last season so it's a problem around the ground at the moment.

It's a nightmare wherever at Reading. I may well park there on Tuesday night but I'm pretty certain it will have gone up a few quid as the parking places in Bennett Road have gone up £3 from last season so it's a problem around the ground at the moment.
    Why is parking in Reading city centre so expensive as well? I was there on Thursday and cheapest I could find for 5-6 hours was £8, avg £12-14.

That is a complete joke

We always park on the council housing estate near the M4 junction (behind a petrol station),at Reading. It's a 15min walk from the stadium, but easy to get on and off the motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    We always park on the council housing estate near the M4 junction (behind a petrol station),at Reading. It's a 15min walk from the stadium, but easy to get on and off the motorway.
    Thanks for that. I will take a look at this as a possible option. I'm just a bit wary of vandalism issues so tend to play it safe where I park.