+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Damour

Damour

Hell of a shot he had in the 2nd half. Could've been an early goal of the season contender.

Re: Damour

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Hell of a shot he had in the 2nd half. Could've been an early goal of the season contender.
    Yup, hit it early, didn't think about it. I was very impressed with his performance yesterday, not since Jason Koumas, have we had a central player that wants to get on the ball, he was demanding it, and always attempted to get play started. He looks like a front foot player who wants to attack and exploit pockets of space. If he keeps up that level of performance, then I can see why Whittingham was indirectly bombed out, although that's no did=respect to whittingham, he was a different kind of player, probably the best at this level for a time, and it may have been interesting to see how he would have linked up with Damour.

Damour showed confidence,controlled aggression and an element of arrogance and self belief, May players coming from the level he has played at, may have taken the safe option yesterday, not him, didn't seem phased by the crowd, opposition or the fact that it was his home league debut. His fitness levels seem superb as well.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    He is one hell of a player,his energy levels are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    it may have been interesting to see how he (Whittingham) would have linked up with Damour.
    It looks like Damour needs a solid defensive midfielder alongside him to do the donkey work, it gives him more freedom to be the impressive player he looked yesterday. I dread to think how easily teams could have waltzed through a Whitts/Damour centre midfield partnership!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It looks like Damour needs a solid defensive midfielder alongside him to do the donkey work, it gives him more freedom to be the impressive player he looked yesterday. I dread to think how easily teams could have waltzed through a Whitts/Damour centre midfield partnership!
    Neither Ralls or Gunnarrson are naturally defensive, they play a one goes, one stays style of play, what they are is more adapt than Whittingham ever was at winning possession back, but I think I would have been as well! I never intended this thread to be about Whitts, but i'm certain that during his pomp, Whittingham could have played as part of a Diamond with a player like Damour. Damour is a defensive player, he just does it further up the pitch!

Ledley in midfield also. It's a long season and feel we need more than what we got in there. Unless warnock plans to use Halford in CM. I'd still like to get Ledley in.

Anyone else disappointed with Jazz Richards at left back yesterday ? Thought he looked poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    ^^^this

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Ledley in midfield also. It's a long season and feel we need more than what we got in there. Unless warnock plans to use Halford in CM. I'd still like to get Ledley in.

Anyone else disappointed with Jazz Richards at left back yesterday ? Thought he looked poor.
    I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

He did well did not effect the team when he came on

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ^^^this
    He looked much better today in a more advanced role. Was like a headless chicken in the first half on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wasn't.
    I thought he did well. Good to have quality like him on the bench. I prefer Bennett to Jazz, but IMO Jazz was pretty solid when he took his place.

Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    He looked much better today in a more advanced role. Was like a headless chicken in the first half on Tuesday.
    Didn't see Tuesdays game but my concurrence was regarding Whitts and his defensive ability, or lack of it.