+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEE TOMLIN

LEE TOMLIN

Why didn't he feature yesterday?

Re: LEE TOMLIN

Because Damour showed why he deserved his shot. I think he will start on Tuesday but I like Damour a lot and he deserves to keep his spot in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Because Damour showed why he deserved his shot. I think he will start on Tuesday but I like Damour a lot and he deserves to keep his spot in the team.
    Agree. Players that finished strongly against Burton and played well yesterday deserve to keep their place. Tomlin will get his chance and then he needs to take it. Competition for places will keep us moving forward.

I think it's because this season we have a proper squad, rather than just a team.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    I think it's because this season we have a proper squad, rather than just a team.
    Agreed.

Fair comments, it's just that as our most expensive signing I thought he could have been found a start in the line up.

Two league games, two different formations and personal - 6 points with no goals conceded. Tomlin may feature against Sheffield United based on Warnock's approach to the game but hard to argue that anything should have been changed about yesterday's starting side.

When he's playing well enough he will play himself in to the team.

I may be wrong, but the way I read it, we went with a more defensive midfield.
    Against weaker opposition I see Tomlin playing just behind Ken in a 4-4-1-1 type formation.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Against weaker opposition I see Tomlin playing just behind Ken in a 4-4-1-1 type formation.
    That's the way I see it.
    To have options is such a welcome commodity. Nice to know that our top signing "can't get in the side"

Well, if that was a more defensive performance can't wait to see us remove the shackles.

In place of who?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Well, if that was a more defensive performance can't wait to see us remove the shackles.

Know where you're coming from...
    That's how good a performance Ken put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    In place of who?
    Ralls or Damour. Difficult call

We have so many options now it is looking good

That would be harsh after yesterday.

I'd certainly stick with the same team for Tuesday.

Yes. Totally different players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That would be harsh after yesterday.

I'd certainly stick with the same team for Tuesday.
    Yes it would, but it's a long season and different opposition might need different tactics.

Yes it would, but it's a long season and different opposition might need different tactics.
    Looks like we may set up a bit more difficult to beat away from home with a more attacking approach at home

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Looks like we may set up a bit more difficult to beat away from home with a more attacking approach at home
    Yeah, isn't it great to have options? It seems a long time since the team didn't effectively pick itself

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That's the way I see it.
    To have options is such a welcome commodity. Nice to know that our top signing "can't get in the side"
    And isn't it nice to have good competion from the bench , it keeps the chosen eleven hungry

Let's hope he wasn't left out for fitness or disciplinary reasons. He's had his off field issues at other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Let's hope he wasn't left out for fitness or disciplinary reasons. He's had his off field issues at other clubs.
    He played 97 minutes against Pompey, maybe a bit tired?

I suspect that he was left out because on current form he is not amongst the first choice eleven. Hopefully he will also kick on and make himself undroppable.

Possible fitness issue then?