+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It would have cost the club £20m if he'd stayed for the whole length of his contract. That's what the article actually says.
    They paid his contract up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    This is what Lim stated previously:

"In the case of Andreas Cornelius, who cost the club in total just under £10m, we realise a large loss in excess of £8.5m, inclusive of transfer fees, salaries, business and compensation paid to player's agents and other miscellaneous expenses".

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Why would Copenhagen pay a fee if we'd paid up his entire contract to release him?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why would Copenhagen pay a fee if we'd paid up his entire contract to release him?
    We didn't "release him".

"In the case of Andreas Cornelius, who cost the club in total just under £10m, we realise a large loss in excess of £8.5m, inclusive of transfer fees, salaries, business and compensation paid to player's agents and other miscellaneous expenses".

Fee was what £10m? We sold for I believe £5m? There's a loss of £5m straight away. Add in wages paid out to Cornelius, add in agent fees. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a clause in there giving the player a bonus if we sell them as opposed to player requesting a move.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    We didn't "release him".

Fee was what £10m? We sold for I believe £5m? There's a loss of £5m straight away. Add in wages paid out to Cornelius, add in agent fees. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a clause in there giving the player a bonus if we sell them as opposed to player requesting a move.
    I know, I'm not saying we paid up his contract or released him.