+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Would you feel the same about someone who wasted £20m of your hard earned cash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I cant say what I would do .... I would have moved on ...... long before now.
    So, which is it? You don't know what you'd do or you'd move on?

"How come I'm in the Premier League and you're finding time to do a project for the future? What rubbish is that? And you pay £45,000 a week for a project? Rubbish!"

Vincent is right, that is rubbish. After all, what sort of an idiot would give the go-ahead for such a half-baked project? I mean, who on earth employed the CEO that sanctioned such nonsense? And who appointed the directors that were happy to let this deal go through? Madness I tell you, madness!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "How come I'm in the Premier League and you're finding time to do a project for the future? What rubbish is that? And you pay £45,000 a week for a project? Rubbish!"

Vincent is right, that is rubbish. After all, what sort of an idiot would give the go-ahead for such a half-baked project? I mean, who on earth employed the CEO that sanctioned such nonsense? And who appointed the directors that were happy to let this deal go through? Madness I tell you, madness!

We all live and learn. Tan included. He came into this business knowing little about the world of football.

He made mistakes, he has appeared to gave learned from those mistakes. He's still backing the club.

He does not deserve a "laughing" smiley.

The same people would have complained if Tan had blocked that transfer, moaning he was interfering.

Tan went with what his football guys were telling him. Hindsight shows he was wrong to do so; I suspect Tan was treating it like a business, where you delegate and expect people to know what they are doing.

It's also worth pointing out Malky only starting calling Cornelius a "project" when it seemed apparent he wasn't anywhere near close to being Prem level. I doubt very much Tan would have sanctioned that spending at that time knowing the player was a "project". There aren't many projects in the Prem being given the number 9 shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    So, which is it? You don't know what you'd do or you'd move on?
    Here's what I said before you 'quoted' me - but chopped it up to buggery so that it made no sense - for whatever reason you chose to do that. (Don't make a habit of doing that about the place eh? - it's bad form )

The first but refers to what would I do if I were a Billionaire Club owner, and the second - if I were me.

I cant say what I would do as I have no experience of being a Billionaire tinkering with football club, but if it were me, I would have moved on and stopped bonging on, and on and and on and on about it - long before now.

We all live and learn. Tan included. He came into this business knowing little about the world of football.

He made mistakes, he has appeared to gave learned from those mistakes. He's still backing the club.

Those who voiced disapproval of the rebrand were told that Tan was a billionaire, he knew what he was doing.

Scott Hogan moved from championship club to championship club for £15 million. Perhaps the high fee for a player not yet ready for the premier league was only a few years early? Or perhaps several other teams (see Norwich with their big signing striker that same year for only one or two million less and scoring just one premier league goal) were already taking expensive punts and circa £8-9 million was already the going rate when it came to forwards and AC only a little bit worse and a little bit more expensive?

Or perhaps the greater sin was spending a large percentage (rather than the actual amount) of the transfer budget on a project player? True, but then the greater sin was doing what newcastle did last year (buy a championship winning side but little hope for premier league) compared to Brighton (several years building with several players who should be capable of stepping up) and then you have to wonder why it was all such a rush with little long term foundation....whose fault is that tan?

Or perhaps greatest son was value for money? Cornelius was not value for money but then was any player signed under the transfer committee involving tan and ole then Slade then Trollope?

It was a complicated time where many fell out of love with the club and in moving on (with a mostly absent tan) we don't need to be dragged back by a feud we all want to leave in our past.

Would you feel the same about someone who wasted £20m of your hard earned cash?

VT already had his say and his vengeance.

I cant say what I would do as I have no experience of being a Billionaire tinkering with football club, but if it were me, I would have moved on and stopped bonging on, and on and and on and on about it - long before now.

Do you think it makes him look smart? The better man? The bigger man? - Mr Big Business?

I don't TBH!
    Heres what i said before you 'quoted' me chopped it up so that it made no sense - for whatever reason
    Yes, you told us that you can't say what you would do then told us what you would have done

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Yes, you told us that you can't say what you would do then told us what you would have done
    For goodness sake .. . nite einstein

In your opinion. Personally, I think his comments about Cornelius are highly amusing considering the circumstances in which the deal came about. Bear in mind that Tan had removed the previous CEO and replaced him with 'his own man' as he apparently wanted more control. That went well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19781296

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In your opinion. Personally, I think his comments about Cornelius are highly amusing considering the circumstances in which the deal came about. Bear in mind that Tan had removed the previous CEO and replaced him with 'his own man' as he apparently wanted more control. That went well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19781296

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Best manager weve ever had i wont slag him off.
    Football, like life in general, is all about opinions.

In my lifetime, and in my point of view, Scoular, Dave Jones, and Eddie May* were all better than Malky.

In Malky's defense though, I do think he would have kept us in the premier league if he hadn't been underminded by Tan

*I wish Eddie had been given the chance to manage at what is now Championship level for a few seasons to test this theory out

All this stuff has been done to death a thousand times and nobody is gonna change their minds now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Mackay will be remembered for the promotion in 20 years time. Tan will be remembered for the rebrand.
    This, 100%. Even if we are promoted again with Tan still here.

It still rankles a bit when we won promotion, Tan came out to "here's the man who made it all possible".
    I suspect Tan was rankled that Malky got more credit, adulation, etc - probably sent him down the route of criticising Malky at every opportunity.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Malky/Tan situation I'd say the real idiot is the guy who comes out with petty vindictive shit like this at a time when the fans are finally starting to get behind the club once again.

We're top of the league, we've got a great manager in charge of a very useful looking squad, the crowds (and atmosphere) seem to be getting back to what they used to be, there's a real buzz around club for the first time in years and all this tool wants to do is use his visit to shine the spotlight back on himself.

Move on Tan, what's done is done. You're making yourself look like a very small man.

He's had his fingers burnt so badly by that deal, that I can imagine us being lucky enough to go up again sometime then Tan refusing to spend more than £5m on any players.

He's clearly not used to having £10m of his money just evaporate like that with nothing left to show for it.
    In fairness to him, in my business if I was responsible for wasting 10m I would also be sacked and people would still be talking about it for a few years.

I think him being there on Saturday can only be a good thing, he could have a bigger long term influence on our fortunes than anyone else at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Malky/Tan situation I'd say the real idiot is the guy who comes out with petty vindictive shit like this at a time when the fans are finally starting to get behind the club once again.

We're top of the league, we've got a great manager in charge of a very useful looking squad, the crowds (and atmosphere) seem to be getting back to what they used to be, there's a real buzz around club for the first time in years and all this tool wants to do is use his visit to shine the spotlight back on himself.

Move on Tan, what's done is done. You're making yourself look like a very small man.
    In Tans defence (yes I know) maybe he was asked specifically about Cornelius.

However, he comes across as a small man because he is a small man. My mum told me to reverse the rebrand - pathetic behaviour. Mike Ashley (an equally odious git) was on Sky yesterday giving a frank assessment of his mistakes, Tan deflects any criticism onto Mackay's signing of Cornelius (what about Mutch, Campbell gave good value, others sold at higher price than Cardiff paid?)

Rebrand
    Employing people without visas
    Making a kid head of recruitment
    Countless CEO changes
    The new stand while relegation was on the cards
    Running a loss in Premier League
    Failing to convert debt to equity (still being talked about 5 years since the promise of being debt free)
    Lowest crowds in CCS history just 2 seasons after "investing" £100m
    Owing him £120m plus (his words) despite so called investment, despite Sky money, despite selling players at profit
    His public criticism of a young kid recovering from injury and under pressure to justify a £10m price tag
    Booing team during defeat
    Trolling fans with "we'll always be red"
    Claiming bluebird brand never achieved anything other than a cup win in 1928
    Calling a board meeting while game was ongoing
    Boasting the club could lose 25% of fans
    Opponents labeled "kids"

But yeah, signing Cornelius was the only problem wasn't it? And, apparently, he is the best owner ever.

Cardiff fans "Welcome back to CCS Vinny, did you bring your wallet?"

Most of those - admittedly poor - actions are in the past.
    What action do you recommend Kris?
    Action, protest, staying away?
    Bit late, been done to death.

Or is it best to plough on and see what happens next.
    Surely so.

We might even get sold if we do well and appear a positive club. Careful what we wish for there eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    In Tans defence (yes I know) maybe he was asked specifically about Cornelius.

However, he comes across as a small man because he is a small man. My mum told me to reverse the rebrand - pathetic behaviour. Mike Ashley (an equally odious git) was on Sky yesterday giving a frank assessment of his mistakes, Tan deflects any criticism onto Mackay's signing of Cornelius (what about Mutch, Campbell gave good value, others sold at higher price than Cardiff paid?)

Rebrand
    Employing people without visas
    Making a kid head of recruitment
    Countless CEO changes
    The new stand while relegation was on the cards
    Running a loss in Premier League
    Failing to convert debt to equity (still being talked about 5 years since the promise of being debt free)
    Lowest crowds in CCS history just 2 seasons after "investing" £100m
    Owing him £120m plus (his words) despite so called investment, despite Sky money, despite selling players at profit
    His public criticism of a young kid recovering from injury and under pressure to justify a £10m price tag
    Booing team during defeat
    Trolling fans with "we'll always be red"
    Claiming bluebird brand never achieved anything other than a cup win in 1928
    Calling a board meeting while game was ongoing
    Boasting the club could lose 25% of fans
    Opponents labeled "kids"

But yeah, signing Cornelius was the only problem wasn't it? And, apparently, he is the best owner ever.
    Christ, I hope I never have to rely on you for defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    "But yeah, signing Cornelius was the only problem wasn't it? And, apparently, he is the best owner ever."

Do you think that was the only reason or do you think perhaps - just perhaps there was more to it than that, in that Tan suspected Malky/Moody were on the make and effectively taking money off him. As to me - the reaction of Tan was that of a man who had been double crossed / taken for a fool. I would react a lot worse than Tan did if I suspected someone I employed had done that.

Malky tried his usual bully boy tactics, puffed his chest out etc - then backed down when he was fronted up about it, apologised profusely to Tan etc - does that sound like a man who has been wrongfully dismissed ? - as it doesnt to me.
    I thought he apologised for the racist texts, not stealing money?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's as good a defender as Declan John!

Most of those - admittedly poor - actions are in the past.
    What action do you recommend Kris?
    Action, protest, staying away?
    Bit late, been done to death.

Or is it best to plough on and see what happens next.
    Surely so.

We might even get sold if we do well and appear a positive club. Careful what we wish for there eh?!
    That's not the argument I was making at all. Tan still harps on about the Cornelius deal, as if that was the one only mistake made in all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm trying to be fair to Tan, I don't know what he was asked in his BBC ambush interview. But, if we're going to make a case for him being the best owner the club has ever had, I'm definitely on the prosecution for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    "But yeah, signing Cornelius was the only problem wasn't it? And, apparently, he is the best owner ever."

Do you think that was the only reason or do you think perhaps - just perhaps there was more to it than that, in that Tan suspected Malky/Moody were on the make and effectively taking money off him. As to me - the reaction of Tan was that of a man who had been double crossed / taken for a fool. I would react a lot worse than Tan did if I suspected someone I employed had done that.

Malky tried his usual bully boy tactics, puffed his chest out etc - then backed down when he was fronted up about it, apologised profusely to Tan etc - does that sound like a man who has been wrongfully dismissed ? - as it doesnt to me.
    From memory, Tan got in a bunch of forensic auditors and accountants to look over the dealings of those Mackay years. I assume nothing was found, because Tan is hardly Mr Confidential is he?

Is Tan right to be pissed off at Mackay? Yes. Am I right to be pissed off at Tan? In my opinion, and with all things considered, yes.