+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Accordin to an interview with Tony Pulis soon afteresttţgetting the players Pulis wanted, speaking to the agents and arranging the deals.

It was Pulis who spoke to the players to persuade them to move to Palace.

So they were Pulis' choices not Moodys!!
    I think the truth is that when you have an "old school" manager like a Pulis or Warnock working at a club with a Head of Recruitment, the manager is far more involved in the actual transfer process than at some clubs where the manager/coach is presented with a group of new players and his job is to integrate them into the team as best as he can. However, I believe that even a Pulis or Warnock is reliant on his club's scouting network to the extent that he'll often tell them of the type of player(s) he wants and they eventually present him with a list of targets that would be available within the confines of the club's budget - I would expect an old school manager then to make a choice that is his alone on who he wants and he'd also want to have a meeting with the player before any deal was done. Therefore, while I think you are right to say that those Palace players weren't Moody signings, I'd also say that they weren't 100% Pulis signings either.

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think the truth is that when you have an "old school" manager like a Pulis or Warnock working at a club with a Head of Recruitment, the manager is far more involved in the actual transfer process than at some clubs where the manager/coach is presented with a group of new players and his job is to integrate them into the team as best as he can. However, I believe that even a Pulis or Warnock is reliant on his club's scouting network to the extent that he'll often tell them of the type of player(s) he wants and they eventually present him with a list of targets that would be available within the confines of the club's budget - I would expect an old school manager then to make a choice that is his alone on who he wants and he'd also want to have a meeting with the player before any deal was done. Therefore, while I think you are right to say that those Palace players weren't Moody signings, I'd also say that they weren't 100% Pulis signings either.
    Wasn't moody more involved with arranging the deals etc than actually identifying targets? Could be wrong though