+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Who's saying that though? ccfc explained himself well I thought, his last post was a good summing up of his position and had a lot of sense in it. Personally I felt that some momentum had been lost at the end of the season, in performances not just results, without being overly concerned about it. We'd had the promise of some good football before Maynard's injury, Tan was obviously going to put some money in and I was confident enough that Malky had just done what he had to do at Championship level before rebuilding in the summer for the Premiership. I thought he'd keep us up and try to play some football while doing it, I'm certainly not pretending to be wise after the event.

The advantage of hindsight is that we can look back and analyse but with Malky it's still hard to pinpoint exactly what went wrong. Maybe there was a problem even further back. My stat about him is that from a position in or around the automatic promotion places he only won 3 of the last 10 home games at Watford in 2010-11, 2 of the last 10 with us in 2011-12 and 3 of the last 10 in 2012-13. You can interpret stats how you want but to me that indicates a manager who was getting 'found out' over the course of a season. If that was happening at Championship level then it was even more likely to happen in the Premiership. 5 points out of the last 24 seems to show it already had but, of course, people can put some of that down to Tan so the debate goes on. Hard to blame Tan for what happened at Wigan though.
    OK. fair enough. It seems to me though a speculative theory that exists due to the eventual outcome. Just a simple comparison with the two other teams promoted with us who had equal or worse form in the run-in and both stayed up puts a bit of a whole in it. If it was a reliable indicator then why were we the only team relegated? In my view it's because there were more far relevant other factors in our demise. I thought CCFC was being a WUM tbh but maybe he has a genuine view, so fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    OK. fair enough. It seems to me though a speculative theory that exists due to the eventual outcome. Just a simple comparison with the two other teams promoted with us who had equal or worse form in the run-in and both stayed up puts a bit of a whole in it. If it was a reliable indicator then why were we the only team relegated? In my view it's because there were more far relevant other factors in our demise. I thought CCFC was being a WUM tbh but maybe he has a genuine view, so fair enough.
    A good night and I don't want an argument but you invented the theory yourself then debunked it. ccfc said a number of times that other teams finished poorly, his point is that they addressed their problems while Malky didn't. No one is claiming that teams who finish a season out of form will automatically get relegated next time round, no one's claiming it's any kind of indicator. Just that if there are problems or weaknesses then you need to do something about them, which ccfc felt Malky didn't. I think he exaggerated our loss of form at the end of the promotion season but he had a valid argument which he ended up putting across well, I've no idea at all why you thought he was on a wind-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A good night and I don't want an argument but you invented the theory yourself then debunked it. ccfc said a number of times that other teams finished poorly, his point is that they addressed their problems while Malky didn't. No one is claiming that teams who finish a season out of form will automatically get relegated next time round, no one's claiming it's any kind of indicator. Just that if there are problems or weaknesses then you need to do something about them, which ccfc felt Malky didn't. I think he exaggerated our loss of form at the end of the promotion season but he had a valid argument which he ended up putting across well, I've no idea at all why you thought he was on a wind-up.
    OK. It's Fantasy Manager 101 imo to say you need to strengthen the team in the right areas upon promotion. I wasn't arguing on this point, just this idea that that particular sequence of results provided some sort of crystal ball into what came next.

If those sets of results weren't considered any kind of indicator I've no idea why they were referred to several times. Imo it was just a peculiar facet of that season and many teams encountered it. What came next imo was an independent set of decisions, circumstances that lead to our demise, with incoming transfers being one of them which is certainly an area for debate.