+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Or is Tan the idiot for letting someone spend that sort of (his own!) money on a donkey like Cornelius?

Tan is not a football person, but I wonder if he lets people in his many other business ventures have such a free rein with that much cash? I very much doubt it.

Just weird.
    Tan's problem seems to be he expected managers to act rationally and not like kids in sweetie stores. Naive, even. Taken their views on players on trust. Managers have always been backed by him in the transfer market and I don't think it's in question some have taken advantage.

Seems he's now learnt that lesson the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Tan's problem seems to be he expected managers to act rationally and not like kids in sweetie stores. Naive, even. Taken their views on players on trust. Managers have always been backed by him in the transfer market and I don't think it's in question some have taken advantage.

Seems he's now learnt that lesson the hard way.
    In which case Malky was really having a laugh with Cornelius then. Medel and Caulker justified big fees, but Corny was a huge surprise (and risk) and turned out as we expected.

I hope that he (Corny not Malky!) makes it with Atalanta btw - that would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    In which case Malky was really having a laugh with Cornelius then. Medel and Caulker justified big fees, but Corny was a huge surprise (and risk) and turned out as we expected.

I hope that he (Corny not Malky!) makes it with Atalanta btw - that would be nice.
    I think it was too big a move to too big a league too early for Cornelius. Fee was outrageous - if we were talking £2m or so, far lower wages, not being handed the number 9 shirt and it being made public from the start he was one for the future then we could possibly have carried and developed him for a few seasons.