Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    £12 million plus for Championship side
    £50 million in PL
    Not a lot.
    Plus I remember a lot of championship managers bemoaning the fact that we landed Bellamy on the cheap while he was still more than capable of remaining in the Premier league.
    I do not accept for one minute that MM achieved promotion on "next to nothing".
    At least not based on spending at that time.
    Spending £50M for the PL promotion would still be regarded as an excellent budget in todays market.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Plus I remember a lot of championship managers bemoaning the fact that we landed Bellamy on the cheap while he was still more than capable of remaining in the Premier league.
    I do not accept for one minute that MM achieved promotion on "next to nothing".
    At least not based on spending at that time.
    Spending £50M for the PL promotion would still be regarded as an excellent budget in todays market.
    This thread is all about I hate Tan ignore the Malkay cock up ,let move on as we now have a real manager

Malky better than scoular?

Even though what he says is right Tan needs to shut up about it now and move on.

Its as boring as those still banging on about the rebrand.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Even though what he says is right Tan needs to shut up about it now and move on.

Agreed.

Fred Stewart.

FA Cup winners, Charity Shield winners, 5 Welsh cups, Div One runners-up, Div 2 runners-up, FA Cup finalists.

A City manager who kept his job for 22 years.

In short, it was a complicated time for this club (to put it mildly in an attempt to not open up old wounds) and Tan does himself no favours to speak out in this manner.

Maybe he's still moaning about it cos the club has had to work to get things back in order for a few years and perhaps they still are. However, that could be levelled at VT and some of his decisions. For all that I found his candour and irritation quite amusing.

Tan doesn't seem to get the fact that he should stop banging on about Mackay if Tan himself wants his actions regarding the rebrand to be put in the past.

Spot on

"We cannot support someone who makes ridiculous decisions, stupid decisions."

Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Spot on
    Would you feel the same about someone who wasted £20m of your hard earned cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Would you feel the same about someone who wasted £20m of your hard earned cash?
    VT already had his say and his vengeance.

I cant say what I would do as I have no experience of being a Billionaire tinkering with football club, but if it were me, I would have moved on and stopped bonging on, and on and and on and on about it - long before now.

Do you think it makes him look smart? The better man? The bigger man? - Mr Big Business?

I don't TBH!

Was Malky an idiot also when he made £5m profit for Vincent on Jordon Mutch

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Whoever paid us the money for the injury prone Mutch was the idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Mackay will be remembered for the promotion in 20 years time. Tan will be remembered for the rebrand.

I forgot to say earlier - going back to the thread title itself - Joking aside, I don't really think any of us care what AA thinks!
    It must fuel his ego to see threads like this. Not that it matters. Just saying ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Mackay will be remembered for the promotion in 20 years time. Tan will be remembered for the rebrand.
    This, 100%. Even if we are promoted again with Tan still here.

It still rankles a bit when we won promotion, Tan came out to "here's the man who made it all possible".
    I suspect Tan was rankled that Malky got more credit, adulation, etc - probably sent him down the route of criticising Malky at every opportunity.

Whilst I agree with this, I am not VT and only he will know just how it feels to be VT.
    These do seem to be petty jibes but he seems to be making it a vocation, doing all he can for as long as he can to discredit MM and he's done a pretty good job thus far.

Banned

What about the fact in his first season he took us to league cup final AND the play offs after being left with a bare squad?

When we got to the premier we got guzumped on a lot of players after we did the ground work... capoue, wanyama etc

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Malky better than scoular?
    Indeed laughably, he wasn't as good as DJ , Scoular was a giant .

Malkay was fortutante he was given bucket loads of dosh , and still got it wrong , he put our club back financially , the owner nieavely trusted him and his despicable sidekick Moody .

Malkay was a decent manager ,not a City great manager ,they are rare . Yes he got us up playing careful percentage football , he then however got above himself and was found out , he was way out of his league in the Premiership , he gas since failed at Wigan ,argh no dosh there though .

20 million is a lifetime of money to some ,and all along he could not see the talent in front of his eyes in the guise of Rudi , now that's a real project ,and was a true development opportunity, not some unknown Dane , many of us saw Rudi 's potential , so how come a supposedly top manager didnt ?????.

In my view ,and not trying to offend anyone the only reason why some fans think Malky was the best is based on a ""rose tinted view "" of that promotion year which was emotional enough to make grown men cry , it even blinded some from the redness anger , as we plunged ourselves into that promotion fever. Management is about delivering year on year , gaining respect , trust ,making the right decision and remaining loyal and respectful .

Once promoted Malkay made some very poor decesions in my view , on outward loans and purchases , and that put us back years , destroyed the euphoria of that wonderful promotion achievement ,and could have destroyed us .

Over the last severn years only one person has remained a constant at our club and he has actually learned by his mistakes,
    that's Vincent Tan , love or hate him he has kept us in the race, not bloody Malkay , thats true management .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed laughably, he wasn't as good as DJ , Scoular was a giant .

Malkay was fortutante he was given bucket loads of dosh , and still got it wrong , he put our club back financially , the owner nieavely trusted him and his despicable sidekick Moody .

Malkay was a decent manager ,not a City great manager ,they are rare . Yes he got us up playing careful percentage football , he then however got above himself and was found out , he was way out of his league in the Premiership , he gas since failed at Wigan ,argh no dosh there though .

20 million is a lifetime of money to some ,and all along he could not see the talent in front of his eyes in the guise of Rudi , now that's a real project ,and was a true development opportunity, not some unknown Dane , many of us saw Rudi 's potential , so how come a supposedly top manager didnt ?????.

In my view ,and not trying to offend anyone the only reason why some fans think Malky was the best is based on a ""rose tinted view "" of that promotion year which was emotional enough to make grown men cry , it even blinded some from the redness anger , as we plunged ourselves into that promotion fever. Management is about delivering year on year , gaining respect , trust ,making the right decision and remaining loyal and respectful .

Once promoted Malkay made some very poor decesions in my view , on outward loans and purchases , and that put us back years , destroyed the euphoria of that wonderful promotion achievement ,and could have destroyed us .

Over the last severn years only one person has remained a constant at our club and he has actually learned by his mistakes,
    that's Vincent Tan , love or hate him he has kept us in the race, not bloody Malkay , thats true management .
    Malky found gestede tho

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Malky found gestede tho
    Indeed and then forgot him, and spent millions on an even bigger unknown ,who had even less experience than Rudi , very strange gamble.

Some people probably take a 'strong stand' to .. live in a bedsit, paying maintenance, occasionally, but not often seeing kids / old friends. But being 'right' for the rest of their long dreary days. FWIW. (Long-term it isn't).

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Malky/Tan situation I'd say the real idiot is the guy who comes out with petty vindictive shit like this at a time when the fans are finally starting to get behind the club once again.

We're top of the league, we've got a great manager in charge of a very useful looking squad, the crowds (and atmosphere) seem to be getting back to what they used to be, there's a real buzz around club for the first time in years and all this tool wants to do is use his visit to shine the spotlight back on himself.

Move on Tan, what's done is done. You're making yourself look like a very small man.