+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Was Malky an idiot also when he made £5m profit for Vincent on Jordon Mutch
    Whoever paid us the money for the injury prone Mutch was the idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'd doubt they'd necessarily say it to the media, who really cares after all but possibly in any speaking engagements they do as an anecdote. Had heard rumours he was woeful in training, but those are still just rumours.

The reality is, regardless of how he develops in the future, Mackay and Moody dropped the ball big time. I'd imagine Tan is still furious because it seemed Mackay failed to accept that, instead making excuses. £10m deal, £45k per week, giving the guy the number 9 shirt tends to indicate he was expected to play an integral part of keeping us up. For Mackay to then claim that Acorn was a "project for the future"... can see that would rub Tan up the wrong way, having bigged the player up to get the funds then downplaying him almost immediately.

Caulker was a poor signing imo - shone at Swansea next to Williams. Expecting him to lead our defence? Eh... was caught out of position plenty of times, but seemed immune to criticism. Medel looked decent early on, but second half of the season was fairly anonymous. I'd suggest both signings would have been close to Acorn type failures if we'd not been able to recoup the money spent on them.

Seems to me Tan has been guilty of backing managers almost too much! Trusted Mackay and Moody, trusted Ole, trusted Trollope, gave each of them the funds. Warnock seems to be someone Tan can actually trust without worrying about being burnt on bad deals.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Even though what he says is right Tan needs to shut up about it now and move on.

Its as boring as those still banging on about the rebrand.
    Maybe he's still moaning about it cos the club has had to work to get things back in order for a few years and perhaps they still are. However, that could be levelled at VT and some of his decisions. For all that I found his candour and irritation quite amusing.

Even though what he says is right Tan needs to shut up about it now and move on.

Whilst I agree with this, I am not VT and only he will know just how it feels to be VT.
    These do seem to be petty jibes but he seems to be making it a vocation, doing all he can for as long as he can to discredit MM and he's done a pretty good job thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    For consistency, i have always maintained that MM has been the most overrated manager during my time supporting the club, whilst this is old news, my views have not changed, spent a shed load and got the club in the premier, his achievement cannot be taken away. I think Warnock would have done it on 25% of MM budget and kept the team in the premier league. Nasty Horrible individual to boot.
    You should remember MM got us into the prem on not a lot of money really?
    He started with next to no players and built a squad from nothing really

Banned

What about the fact in his first season he took us to league cup final AND the play offs after being left with a bare squad?

When we got to the premier we got guzumped on a lot of players after we did the ground work... capoue, wanyama etc

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    You should remember MM got us into the prem on not a lot of money really?
    He started with next to no players and built a squad from nothing really
    £12 million plus for Championship side
    £50 million in PL
    Not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Malky better than scoular?
    Indeed laughably, he wasn't as good as DJ , Scoular was a giant .

Malkay was fortutante he was given bucket loads of dosh , and still got it wrong , he put our club back financially , the owner nieavely trusted him and his despicable sidekick Moody .

Malkay was a decent manager ,not a City great manager ,they are rare . Yes he got us up playing careful percentage football , he then however got above himself and was found out , he was way out of his league in the Premiership , he gas since failed at Wigan ,argh no dosh there though .

20 million is a lifetime of money to some ,and all along he could not see the talent in front of his eyes in the guise of Rudi , now that's a real project ,and was a true development opportunity, not some unknown Dane , many of us saw Rudi 's potential , so how come a supposedly top manager didnt ?????.

In my view ,and not trying to offend anyone the only reason why some fans think Malky was the best is based on a ""rose tinted view "" of that promotion year which was emotional enough to make grown men cry , it even blinded some from the redness anger , as we plunged ourselves into that promotion fever. Management is about delivering year on year , gaining respect , trust ,making the right decision and remaining loyal and respectful .

Once promoted Malkay made some very poor decesions in my view , on outward loans and purchases , and that put us back years , destroyed the euphoria of that wonderful promotion achievement ,and could have destroyed us .

Over the last severn years only one person has remained a constant at our club and he has actually learned by his mistakes,
    that's Vincent Tan , love or hate him he has kept us in the race, not bloody Malkay , thats true management .

Tan doesn't seem to get the fact that he should stop banging on about Mackay if Tan himself wants his actions regarding the rebrand to be put in the past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed laughably, he wasn't as good as DJ , Scoular was a giant .

Malkay was fortutante he was given bucket loads of dosh , and still got it wrong , he put our club back financially , the owner nieavely trusted him and his despicable sidekick Moody .

Malkay was a decent manager ,not a City great manager ,they are rare . Yes he got us up playing careful percentage football , he then however got above himself and was found out , he was way out of his league in the Premiership , he gas since failed at Wigan ,argh no dosh there though .

20 million is a lifetime of money to some ,and all along he could not see the talent in front of his eyes in the guise of Rudi , now that's a real project ,and was a true development opportunity, not some unknown Dane , many of us saw Rudi 's potential , so how come a supposedly top manager didnt ?????.

In my view ,and not trying to offend anyone the only reason why some fans think Malky was the best is based on a ""rose tinted view "" of that promotion year which was emotional enough to make grown men cry , it even blinded some from the redness anger , as we plunged ourselves into that promotion fever. Management is about delivering year on year , gaining respect , trust ,making the right decision and remaining loyal and respectful .

Once promoted Malkay made some very poor decesions in my view , on outward loans and purchases , and that put us back years , destroyed the euphoria of that wonderful promotion achievement ,and could have destroyed us .

Over the last severn years only one person has remained a constant at our club and he has actually learned by his mistakes,
    that's Vincent Tan , love or hate him he has kept us in the race, not bloody Malkay , thats true management .
    Malky found gestede tho

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Malky found gestede tho
    Indeed and then forgot him, and spent millions on an even bigger unknown ,who had even less experience than Rudi , very strange gamble.

Spot on

"We cannot support someone who makes ridiculous decisions, stupid decisions."

Amen to that.

Some people probably take a 'strong stand' to .. live in a bedsit, paying maintenance, occasionally, but not often seeing kids / old friends. But being 'right' for the rest of their long dreary days. FWIW. (Long-term it isn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Spot on
    Would you feel the same about someone who wasted £20m of your hard earned cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Would you feel the same about someone who wasted £20m of your hard earned cash?
    VT already had his say and his vengeance.

I cant say what I would do as I have no experience of being a Billionaire tinkering with football club, but if it were me, I would have moved on and stopped bonging on, and on and and on and on about it - long before now.

Do you think it makes him look smart? The better man? The bigger man? - Mr Big Business?

I don't TBH!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Was Malky an idiot also when he made £5m profit for Vincent on Jordon Mutch
    Mackay will be remembered for the promotion in 20 years time. Tan will be remembered for the rebrand.

I forgot to say earlier - going back to the thread title itself - Joking aside, I don't really think any of us care what AA thinks!
    It must fuel his ego to see threads like this. Not that it matters. Just saying ;)

I think the Beeb are a bit guilty of spin there tbh.
    WOL reported the I tercies a little differently http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ty-qa-13470570

The question was about his hopes for the season and he was being complimentary about NW, comparing how he's spent money compared with malky.

The irony here of course, is fans who can't let the rebrand go, criticising Tan for not letting go the waste of £10m of his hard earned.

Some people probably take a 'strong stand' to .. live in a bedsit, paying maintenance, occasionally, but not often seeing kids / old friends. But being 'right' for the rest of their long dreary days. FWIW. (Long-term it isn't).
    This makes little sense to me.

What is apparent, though, is that Tan only has to show up to a game to get the old divisions going. He is not the right nor the proper person to run that football club. In fact, I'd say that, while the club has attempted to make amends and has made a good number of good decisions this last few years (Warnock and pricing of tickets), the only way this chapter ends is when Tan leaves.

And, it seems to me, there are interested parties out there. Reading between the lines. Obviously he doesn't want to broadcast that he wants to sell, that drives the price down. He's waiting for the right offer to come along, and I really hope it isn't too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    WOL reported the I tercies a little differently http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ty-qa-13470570

The question was about his hopes for the season and he was being complimentary about NW, comparing how he's spent money compared with malky.

The irony here of course, is fans who can't let the rebrand go, criticising Tan for not letting go the waste of £10m of his hard earned.
    The irony being that Tan still goes on about one bad signing (a player he gave a public dressing down to in the media whilst he was crocked - poor form) but uses his mother to save face over his catastrophic decision to rebrand the club.

I forgot to say earlier - going back to the thread title itself - Joking aside, I don't really think any of us care what AA thinks!
    It must fuel his ego to see threads like this. Not that it matters. Just saying ;)
    Agreed.

Plenty of level headed folks will have let the rebrand go, but think Tan needs to just let this one lie now.
    However, if he keeps getting asked questions about it by the super sensational Wales Online ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    His career has hardly flourished since though has it?
    Who's career? Malky or Cornelius?

And vice verca. When Tans stupid rebrand idea is ever mentioned, the person is told to move on or to get over it. Yet the very same posters cannot forget the Cornelius transfer.
    For what it's worth I don't believe for a second that MM was up to no good. I think it was simply a case of Tan getting his arse in his hand on a grand scale because he wasn't getting the adulation he thought he deserved and that Malky was getting.