Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Who's career? Malky or Cornelius?
    Malky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Malky.
    Malky's career was defined by us though. Watford was rated, fell away end of season. Given his assistant was Sean Dyche, who has gone on to do a cracking job at Burnley, maybe Malky benefitted from having him around.

Season we went into the Prem, wasn't it something like last 12 games we got 17 points out of a possible 36? We limped into the Prem, aided by teams around us also slumping. It was as if nobody wanted to go up!

We went up with big problems in terms of the squad composition. If you want to sit deep and counter-attack, you need pace in the squad. We lacked that and it wasn't addressed in the transfer window. Playing as if it's Rourke's Drift for an entire Prem season isn't going to succeed - teams worked us out, we were starting to concede goals.

Cornelius, Brayford, Moore, Caulker, Medel, Theophile-Catherine, Odemwingie. None addressed pace and width from that group. Conway who at least worked hard was shunted out. Gestede was brought in then bafflingly loaned out and sold for a pittance.

The Wigan debacle isn't even worth talking about. 19 points out of 72.

It's pretty clear Malky's ability as a manager has been vastly overrated due to us being promoted into the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Old news, I thought we knew this 3 years ago?
    It is indeed old news , but relevant today to where our position is , hence the repeat comment , I would be defending myself every bloody week if I was Tan ,that was bloody wasteful and set us back and we are still feeling that impact , MM wastes 20 million and loved Tan re-brands and invests and is hated .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "How come I'm in the Premier League and you're finding time to do a project for the future? What rubbish is that? And you pay £45,000 a week for a project? Rubbish!"

Vincent is right, that is rubbish. After all, what sort of an idiot would give the go-ahead for such a half-baked project? I mean, who on earth employed the CEO that sanctioned such nonsense? And who appointed the directors that were happy to let this deal go through? Madness I tell you, madness!

A naive and trusting one perhaps, one who now micro manages it better , one who for the first time of entering the the nasty world of footy with its greedy, conning agents ,players and over inflated managers ego's , he should have sought advise before entrusting his million to a underachiever, does that make evil nah ,not in my book ,just under cooked ,doing well now though .

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    £12 million plus for Championship side
    £50 million in PL
    Not a lot.
    Plus I remember a lot of championship managers bemoaning the fact that we landed Bellamy on the cheap while he was still more than capable of remaining in the Premier league.
    I do not accept for one minute that MM achieved promotion on "next to nothing".
    At least not based on spending at that time.
    Spending £50M for the PL promotion would still be regarded as an excellent budget in todays market.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Plus I remember a lot of championship managers bemoaning the fact that we landed Bellamy on the cheap while he was still more than capable of remaining in the Premier league.
    I do not accept for one minute that MM achieved promotion on "next to nothing".
    At least not based on spending at that time.
    Spending £50M for the PL promotion would still be regarded as an excellent budget in todays market.
    This thread is all about I hate Tan ignore the Malkay cock up ,let move on as we now have a real manager

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This thread is all about I hate Tan ignore the Malkay cock up ,let move on as we now have a real manager
    To be honest there are still a lot of bitter and twisted people about. For Christ’s sake he changed the colour of the shirt from blue to red, didn’t the Club change from brown/yellow quarters to blue previously? Anyone would have thought it was the end of the world.

To be honest there are still a lot of bitter and twisted people about. For Christ’s sake he changed the colour of the shirt from blue to red, didn’t the Club change from brown/yellow quarters to blue previously? Anyone would have thought it was the end of the world.
    Bitter, twisted, Riverside, classic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bitter, twisted, Riverside, classic.
    Would you like some gin to go with the bitter lemon?

Strange thing is this topic only gets revisited when Tan is in town,would be great to hear him say Let's move on as we now have a real manager,if he says something to that effect then the Malky supporters can move on also.

On a serous note i would love to play in our true colours of brown/yellow quarters , great if it was our second kit , I d buy a top , and a scarf , those colour's tend to suit my lovely complexion , I've never looked good in red or blue ,tends to to throw my looks off piste , the pastel shades are for me draws the ladies in .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And some Ice

Based on VT behavoiur, comments, interviews and actions he comes across to me as a pretty unpleasant egotistical individual who got into a sport he knew nothing about and got his figures burned. He himself has a lot to answer for. He did some crazy things which made him look a crazy man. He likes to boast about making literally hundreds of millions a year but then rages about selective transfer dealings which he claims cost him a fortune but in reality are loose change in the great sphere of things to him. Truth is MM stood up to him and he defended his squad and his own performance. Tan hated it but MM had the fans behind him and Tan hated that. Eventually Tan removed him and has led a misplaced crusade against MM ever since. VT made the fatal mistake of threatening CCFC supporters with their own club. I hope he realises that now?

I think Malky's biggest mistake was blowing all that money on Cornelius, then going to the press saying he needed more money to strengthen the side.

It'd be like me giving the Mrs £100 to go to Tesco, her spending it on shite like scented candles, then complaining that I haven't given her enough money to buy food with.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think Malky's biggest mistake was blowing all that money on Cornelius, then going to the press saying he needed more money to strengthen the side.

It'd be like me giving the Mrs £100 to go to Tesco, her spending it on shite like scented candles, then complaining that I haven't given her enough money to buy food with.
    He started believing his own hype and got too big for his boots.

Appearing on MOTD, leaking stories to the press, publically taking on the owner whilst playing the fans at the same time.

Only a desperate Wigan prepared to take a punt on him speaks volumes what the fooball world thinks of him.

Gone back to Scotland where his old fella was able to pull some strings and get him somekind of job for the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Strange thing is this topic only gets revisited when Tan is in town,would be great to hear him say Let's move on as we now have a real manager,if he says something to that effect then the Malky supporters can move on also.
    Tan has to leave for the club to move on and he is talking to new buyers

Good bye Tan
    Bad buy Tan

Oooh, you are awful, but....

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think his biggest mistake was probably leaving Watford.

In Warnock we now trust

We won Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Tan has to leave for the club to move on and he is talking to new buyers

Good bye Tan
    Bad buy Tan
    Good bye Tan
    Bad buy Tan (thought he bought us )

And I'd add to to your poem

""Good bye City"" if we get your wish of a good bye Tan .

Strangely no one in Wales wants to own us since the sad demise of Ken Thorne World of Cars .

Appearing on MOTD, leaking stories to the press, publically taking on the owner whilst playing the fans at the same time.

Only a desperate Wigan prepared to take a punt on him speaks volumes what the fooball world thinks of him.

Gone back to Scotland where his old fella was able to pull some strings and get him somekind of job for the boys.
    Ah, I remember that MOTD bit - wasn't that the one where he was asked about the Everton job and was smirking?

Heisenberg

To be fair, Palace were days/hours away from announcing him as their new manager after he left us... until Tan intervened.

He may well have been shite for them, but we'll never truly know.

Good bye Tan
    Bad buy Tan (thought he bought us )

And I'd add to to your poem

""Good bye City"" if we get your wish of a good bye Tan .

Strangely no one in Wales wants to own us since the sad demise of Ken Thorne World of Cars .
    Who in Wales can afford a Championship club that is still poorly run?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Who in Wales can afford a Championship club that is still poorly run?
    Croesy.