+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Most of those - admittedly poor - actions are in the past.
    What action do you recommend Kris?
    Action, protest, staying away?
    Bit late, been done to death.

Or is it best to plough on and see what happens next.
    Surely so.

We might even get sold if we do well and appear a positive club. Careful what we wish for there eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Most of those - admittedly poor - actions are in the past.
    What action do you recommend Kris?
    Action, protest, staying away?
    Bit late, been done to death.

Or is it best to plough on and see what happens next.
    Surely so.

We might even get sold if we do well and appear a positive club. Careful what we wish for there eh?!
    That's not the argument I was making at all. Tan still harps on about the Cornelius deal, as if that was the one only mistake made in all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    In Tans defence (yes I know) maybe he was asked specifically about Cornelius.

However, he comes across as a small man because he is a small man. My mum told me to reverse the rebrand - pathetic behaviour. Mike Ashley (an equally odious git) was on Sky yesterday giving a frank assessment of his mistakes, Tan deflects any criticism onto Mackay's signing of Cornelius (what about Mutch, Campbell gave good value, others sold at higher price than Cardiff paid?)

Rebrand
    Employing people without visas
    Making a kid head of recruitment
    Countless CEO changes
    The new stand while relegation was on the cards
    Running a loss in Premier League
    Failing to convert debt to equity (still being talked about 5 years since the promise of being debt free)
    Lowest crowds in CCS history just 2 seasons after "investing" £100m
    Owing him £120m plus (his words) despite so called investment, despite Sky money, despite selling players at profit
    His public criticism of a young kid recovering from injury and under pressure to justify a £10m price tag
    Booing team during defeat
    Trolling fans with "we'll always be red"
    Claiming bluebird brand never achieved anything other than a cup win in 1928
    Calling a board meeting while game was ongoing
    Boasting the club could lose 25% of fans
    Opponents labeled "kids"

But yeah, signing Cornelius was the only problem wasn't it? And, apparently, he is the best owner ever.
    Christ, I hope I never have to rely on you for defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's as good a defender as Declan John!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm trying to be fair to Tan, I don't know what he was asked in his BBC ambush interview. But, if we're going to make a case for him being the best owner the club has ever had, I'm definitely on the prosecution for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    "But yeah, signing Cornelius was the only problem wasn't it? And, apparently, he is the best owner ever."

Do you think that was the only reason or do you think perhaps - just perhaps there was more to it than that, in that Tan suspected Malky/Moody were on the make and effectively taking money off him. As to me - the reaction of Tan was that of a man who had been double crossed / taken for a fool. I would react a lot worse than Tan did if I suspected someone I employed had done that.

Malky tried his usual bully boy tactics, puffed his chest out etc - then backed down when he was fronted up about it, apologised profusely to Tan etc - does that sound like a man who has been wrongfully dismissed ? - as it doesnt to me.
    I thought he apologised for the racist texts, not stealing money?

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    "But yeah, signing Cornelius was the only problem wasn't it? And, apparently, he is the best owner ever."

Do you think that was the only reason or do you think perhaps - just perhaps there was more to it than that, in that Tan suspected Malky/Moody were on the make and effectively taking money off him. As to me - the reaction of Tan was that of a man who had been double crossed / taken for a fool. I would react a lot worse than Tan did if I suspected someone I employed had done that.

Malky tried his usual bully boy tactics, puffed his chest out etc - then backed down when he was fronted up about it, apologised profusely to Tan etc - does that sound like a man who has been wrongfully dismissed ? - as it doesnt to me.
    From memory, Tan got in a bunch of forensic auditors and accountants to look over the dealings of those Mackay years. I assume nothing was found, because Tan is hardly Mr Confidential is he?

Is Tan right to be pissed off at Mackay? Yes. Am I right to be pissed off at Tan? In my opinion, and with all things considered, yes.

Cardiff fans "Welcome back to CCS Vinny, did you bring your wallet?"

I think Malky's biggest mistake was blowing all that money on Cornelius, then going to the press saying he needed more money to strengthen the side.

It'd be like me giving the Mrs £100 to go to Tesco, her spending it on shite like scented candles, then complaining that I haven't given her enough money to buy food with.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think Malky's biggest mistake was blowing all that money on Cornelius, then going to the press saying he needed more money to strengthen the side.

It'd be like me giving the Mrs £100 to go to Tesco, her spending it on shite like scented candles, then complaining that I haven't given her enough money to buy food with.
    He started believing his own hype and got too big for his boots.

Appearing on MOTD, leaking stories to the press, publically taking on the owner whilst playing the fans at the same time.

Only a desperate Wigan prepared to take a punt on him speaks volumes what the fooball world thinks of him.

Gone back to Scotland where his old fella was able to pull some strings and get him somekind of job for the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Appearing on MOTD, leaking stories to the press, publically taking on the owner whilst playing the fans at the same time.

Only a desperate Wigan prepared to take a punt on him speaks volumes what the fooball world thinks of him.

Gone back to Scotland where his old fella was able to pull some strings and get him somekind of job for the boys.
    Ah, I remember that MOTD bit - wasn't that the one where he was asked about the Everton job and was smirking?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

To be fair, Palace were days/hours away from announcing him as their new manager after he left us... until Tan intervened.

He may well have been shite for them, but we'll never truly know.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think his biggest mistake was probably leaving Watford.

In Warnock we now trust

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Tan has to leave for the club to move on and he is talking to new buyers

Good bye Tan
    Bad buy Tan
    Good bye Tan
    Bad buy Tan (thought he bought us )

And I'd add to to your poem

""Good bye City"" if we get your wish of a good bye Tan .

Strangely no one in Wales wants to own us since the sad demise of Ken Thorne World of Cars .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Good bye Tan
    Bad buy Tan (thought he bought us )

And I'd add to to your poem

""Good bye City"" if we get your wish of a good bye Tan .

Strangely no one in Wales wants to own us since the sad demise of Ken Thorne World of Cars .
    Who in Wales can afford a Championship club that is still poorly run?

Croesy.

We'll see next season after the Jacks get relegated...

Tan is merely using Cornelius as distraction. And it looks like a lot of you are falling for it. How much money did the club rake in from being promoted to the Premier League with Malky at the helm? And everyone's crying about one transfer that didn't work out? Smells rotten to me. The rebrand probably cost more than Cornelius? Who's Tan going to blame for that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tan is merely using Cornelius as distraction. And it looks like a lot of you are falling for it. How much money did the club rake in from being promoted to the Premier League with Malky at the helm? And everyone's crying about one transfer that didn't work out? Smells rotten to me. The rebrand probably cost more than Cornelius? Who's Tan going to blame for that?
    Even if the rebrand cost us less than Cornelius (which I suspect it might have), once you add in all of the money wasted on bad buys since Malky Mackay left and what it cost us to cancel their contracts in many cases, it dwarfs the money Mackay wasted on the Dane.

I deliberately avoided this thread for a while because it's a subject that's got nothing new to be said on it - I've mellowed towards Vincent Tan a bit in recent years, but I just don't get why he needed to bring Cornelius/Mackay up yet again on the weekend.

Anyway, what prompted me to finally post in the thread was this rubbish posted by ccfc_is_my_life as he decided to rewrite history;-

"Season we went into the Prem, wasn't it something like last 12 games we got 17 points out of a possible 36? We limped into the Prem, aided by teams around us also slumping. It was as if nobody wanted to go up!"

The truth is we won the league easing up by eight points, so "limping into the Prem", is complete drivel! The League was won in a three month burst of form after the Peterborough home defeat in December that took us miles clear of the chasing pack.

I know it's painful for some to admit, but we were the best team in the Championship by a distance that season. We had a go at playing open, entertaining football for the first three months of the campaign and succeeded in doing so at times, but there were too many away goals conceded and too many defeats on our travels, so that approach was, rightly, binned after Charlton 5 Cardiff 4 in early November - there are things that Malky Mackay can legitimately be criticised for, but you'll never catch me having a go at him for doing something no other City manager has achieved in it's history.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Even if the rebrand cost us less than Cornelius (which I suspect it might have), once you add in all of the money wasted on bad buys since Malky Mackay left and what it cost us to cancel their contracts in many cases, it dwarfs the money Mackay wasted on the Dane.

I deliberately avoided this thread for a while because it's a subject that's got nothing new to be said on it - I've mellowed towards Vincent Tan a bit in recent years, but I just don't get why he needed to bring Cornelius/Mackay up yet again on the weekend.

Anyway, what prompted me to finally post in the thread was this rubbish posted by ccfc_is_my_life as he decided to rewrite history;-

"Season we went into the Prem, wasn't it something like last 12 games we got 17 points out of a possible 36? We limped into the Prem, aided by teams around us also slumping. It was as if nobody wanted to go up!"

The truth is we won the league easing up by eight points, so "limping into the Prem", is complete drivel! The League was won in a three month burst of form after the Peterborough home defeat in December that took us miles clear of the chasing pack.

I know it's painful for some to admit, but we were the best team in the Championship by a distance that season. We had a go at playing open, entertaining football for the first three months of the campaign and succeeded in doing so at times, but there were too many away goals conceded and too many defeats on our travels, so that approach was, rightly, binned after Charlton 5 Cardiff 4 in early November - there are things that Malky Mackay can legitimately be criticised for, but you'll never catch me having a go at him for doing something no other City manager has achieved in it's history.
    Good assessment, but other managers won promotion to the top division.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Good assessment, but other managers won promotion to the top division.
    None of them did it by winning the league though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Rubbish? We limped into the Prem in poor form, are you seriously denying that? The work was done earlier, come the end of the season we struggled - as did many of the teams around us. As I joked to a mate at the time, it seemed nobody wanted to go up!

Are you denying the last 12 games gave 17 points out of 36? If you're arguing that Malky deliberately tightened things up I'd not disagree but due to that points return we went up with little momentum. It also set the pattern for our Prem campaign under Malky, ie sitting back, defending like crazy and counter-attacking with a squad with little pace. Personally, think we got up too soon. Squad needed major work.

Did we get into the Prem under Malky? Yes. Does that make him a great manager? Behave...

I'd also point out football existed before the Prem; other City managers got us promoted to the top division in our history.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Who would they be then? Let us all in on your ITK information.

you are such a boring pessimistic twat. Why don't you fvck off.
    First Tan says he has talked to parties.

Second why is this message and poster still here?

what? you want everyone who tells you to feck off banned, add me to the list then