Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

International

Re: Malky was an Idiot...... A.A. Won't like this

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Tan has to leave for the club to move on and he is talking to new buyers

Good bye Tan
    Bad buy Tan
    Who would they be then? Let us all in on your ITK information.

you are such a boring pessimistic twat. Why don't you fvck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Who in Wales can afford a Championship club that is still poorly run?
    We'll see next season after the Jacks get relegated...

Tan is merely using Cornelius as distraction. And it looks like a lot of you are falling for it. How much money did the club rake in from being promoted to the Premier League with Malky at the helm? And everyone's crying about one transfer that didn't work out? Smells rotten to me. The rebrand probably cost more than Cornelius? Who's Tan going to blame for that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tan is merely using Cornelius as distraction. And it looks like a lot of you are falling for it. How much money did the club rake in from being promoted to the Premier League with Malky at the helm? And everyone's crying about one transfer that didn't work out? Smells rotten to me. The rebrand probably cost more than Cornelius? Who's Tan going to blame for that?
    Even if the rebrand cost us less than Cornelius (which I suspect it might have), once you add in all of the money wasted on bad buys since Malky Mackay left and what it cost us to cancel their contracts in many cases, it dwarfs the money Mackay wasted on the Dane.

I deliberately avoided this thread for a while because it's a subject that's got nothing new to be said on it - I've mellowed towards Vincent Tan a bit in recent years, but I just don't get why he needed to bring Cornelius/Mackay up yet again on the weekend.

Anyway, what prompted me to finally post in the thread was this rubbish posted by ccfc_is_my_life as he decided to rewrite history;-

"Season we went into the Prem, wasn't it something like last 12 games we got 17 points out of a possible 36? We limped into the Prem, aided by teams around us also slumping. It was as if nobody wanted to go up!"

The truth is we won the league easing up by eight points, so "limping into the Prem", is complete drivel! The League was won in a three month burst of form after the Peterborough home defeat in December that took us miles clear of the chasing pack.

I know it's painful for some to admit, but we were the best team in the Championship by a distance that season. We had a go at playing open, entertaining football for the first three months of the campaign and succeeded in doing so at times, but there were too many away goals conceded and too many defeats on our travels, so that approach was, rightly, binned after Charlton 5 Cardiff 4 in early November - there are things that Malky Mackay can legitimately be criticised for, but you'll never catch me having a go at him for doing something no other City manager has achieved in it's history.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Even if the rebrand cost us less than Cornelius (which I suspect it might have), once you add in all of the money wasted on bad buys since Malky Mackay left and what it cost us to cancel their contracts in many cases, it dwarfs the money Mackay wasted on the Dane.

I deliberately avoided this thread for a while because it's a subject that's got nothing new to be said on it - I've mellowed towards Vincent Tan a bit in recent years, but I just don't get why he needed to bring Cornelius/Mackay up yet again on the weekend.

Anyway, what prompted me to finally post in the thread was this rubbish posted by ccfc_is_my_life as he decided to rewrite history;-

"Season we went into the Prem, wasn't it something like last 12 games we got 17 points out of a possible 36? We limped into the Prem, aided by teams around us also slumping. It was as if nobody wanted to go up!"

The truth is we won the league easing up by eight points, so "limping into the Prem", is complete drivel! The League was won in a three month burst of form after the Peterborough home defeat in December that took us miles clear of the chasing pack.

I know it's painful for some to admit, but we were the best team in the Championship by a distance that season. We had a go at playing open, entertaining football for the first three months of the campaign and succeeded in doing so at times, but there were too many away goals conceded and too many defeats on our travels, so that approach was, rightly, binned after Charlton 5 Cardiff 4 in early November - there are things that Malky Mackay can legitimately be criticised for, but you'll never catch me having a go at him for doing something no other City manager has achieved in it's history.
    Good assessment, but other managers won promotion to the top division.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Who would they be then? Let us all in on your ITK information.

you are such a boring pessimistic twat. Why don't you fvck off.
    First Tan says he has talked to parties.

Second why is this message and poster still here?

what? you want everyone who tells you to feck off banned, add me to the list then

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Good assessment, but other managers won promotion to the top division.
    None of them did it by winning the league though.

Rubbish? We limped into the Prem in poor form, are you seriously denying that? The work was done earlier, come the end of the season we struggled - as did many of the teams around us. As I joked to a mate at the time, it seemed nobody wanted to go up!

Are you denying the last 12 games gave 17 points out of 36? If you're arguing that Malky deliberately tightened things up I'd not disagree but due to that points return we went up with little momentum. It also set the pattern for our Prem campaign under Malky, ie sitting back, defending like crazy and counter-attacking with a squad with little pace. Personally, think we got up too soon. Squad needed major work.

Did we get into the Prem under Malky? Yes. Does that make him a great manager? Behave...

I'd also point out football existed before the Prem; other City managers got us promoted to the top division in our history.

We drew our last three games, thus dropping six points, after promotion was secured. We were 8 points clear of second place, and ten points clear of third.
    That's hardly limping over the line.

Er, I told you why the 2012/13 promotion to the top flight is unique in Cardiff City's history in the post above yours.

Last time I looked, the Championship was decided over forty six games, not the last twelve of a forty six match season - your attempts to rubbish our achievement is akin to someone trying to say Chelsea didn't deserve to win the Premier League last season because they only took one point from their three games in September!

I'll take your word for it that we only took seventeen points from our last twelve matches in 2013/13, but when you end up eight points clear of anyone else, does that matter? The 2012/13 Championship was like a 1,500 metres race where the winner takes the lead after the first lap, then puts in two very fast laps which break the spirit of the chasing pack, thus making the final 400 metres a procession.

I'm not going to get involved in Malky Mackay v Vincent Tan arguments in which I have said all I wanted to on the subject many times already over a period of four years or more, but this view that I hear from quite a few City fans that our title win in 12/13 is somehow devalued because of what happened in the following twelve months annoys me - we won the league by a street that year and that isn't altered by the fact that everyone at the club, apart from David Marshall, cocked up to varying degrees the following season.

Who is rubbishing the achievement? The reality is we struggled at the end of season - something that seems to happen every season in Mackay coached teams - and that other teams also dropped a lot of points at the end. A different season, that could well have cost us.

The point I'm trying and probably failing to make is that struggling in that manner kills the momentum of winning the title. We became far, far more defensive as a consequence and as I said you can't effectively counter-attack if you've no pace in the side. Malky built and left an unbalanced side. It's only now, under Warnock, that we've got a squad with a nice mix of players able to adapt and play in different styles.

My issue is with the "Malky is a great manager, one of our best because we won the title" argument. We've had far better managers in our time, even at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Who is rubbishing the achievement? The reality is we struggled at the end of season - something that seems to happen every season in Mackay coached teams - and that other teams also dropped a lot of points at the end. A different season, that could well have cost us.

The point I'm trying and probably failing to make is that struggling in that manner kills the momentum of winning the title. We became far, far more defensive as a consequence and as I said you can't effectively counter-attack if you've no pace in the side. Malky built and left an unbalanced side. It's only now, under Warnock, that we've got a squad with a nice mix of players able to adapt and play in different styles.

My issue is with the "Malky is a great manager, one of our best because we won the title" argument. We've had far better managers in our time, even at lower levels.
    No it isn't. It really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    what? you want everyone who tells you to feck off banned, add me to the list then
    Other people can discuss without the abuse. If you are incapable, then it's not my fault. If Mike is happy with your behaviour so be it. One poster had an infraction for being flippant, you are worse than that.

Last 12 games from that season

From the games that mattered we got 14 points out of a possible 27

36. Round 05/03/2013 Derby County 1:1 (0:0)
    29. Round 12/03/2013 Leicester City 1:1 (0:0)
    38. Round 16/03/2013 Sheffield Wednesday 2:0 (1:0)
    39. Round 30/03/2013 Peterborough United 1:2 (1:0)
    40. Round 01/04/2013 Blackburn Rovers 3:0 (1:0)
    41. Round 06/04/2013 Watford FC 0:0 (0:0)
    37. Round 09/04/2013 Barnsley FC 1:1 (0:0)
    42. Round 13/04/2013 Nottingham Forest 3:0 (1:0)
    43. Round 16/04/2013 Charlton Athletic 0:0 (0:0) - PROMOTED
    44. Round 20/04/2013 Burnley FC 1:1 (1:0) CHAMPIONS
    45. Round 27/04/2013 Bolton Wanderers 1:1 (0:1)
    46. Round 04/05/2013 Hull City 2:2 (0:0)

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    They took their foot off the gas, promotion was never in doubt after a shaky start. One of the easiest promotions at Cardiff ever.

17 points out of 36.

We weren't losing - only the one loss but 3 wins in 12 doesn't make great reading.

Er, I told you why the 2012/13 promotion to the top flight is unique in Cardiff City's history in the post above yours.

Last time I looked, the Championship was decided over forty six games, not the last twelve of a forty six match season - your attempts to rubbish our achievement is akin to someone trying to say Chelsea didn't deserve to win the Premier League last season because they only took one point from their three games in September!

I'll take your word for it that we only took seventeen points from our last twelve matches in 2013/13, but when you end up eight points clear of anyone else, does that matter? The 2012/13 Championship was like a 1,500 metres race where the winner takes the lead after the first lap, then puts in two very fast laps which break the spirit of the chasing pack, thus making the final 400 metres a procession.

I'm not going to get involved in Malky Mackay v Vincent Tan arguments in which I have said all I wanted to on the subject many times already over a period of four years or more, but this view that I hear from quite a few City fans that our title win in 12/13 is somehow devalued because of what happened in the following twelve months annoys me - we won the league by a street that year and that isn't altered by the fact that everyone at the club, apart from David Marshall, cocked up to varying degrees the following season.
    I'm pretty certain that if we'd finished strongly but missed out on promotion certain posters would not be quoting that string of games as being significant. The results across the season would then I'm sure be deemed far more important.

We were also promoted with 4 games to go so hardly the normal competitive end-of-season environment to keep us right on our toes. Winning the league by 8 points cannot be dressed up as some kind of failure no matter how much it suits your agenda.

17 points out of 36.

We weren't losing - only the one loss but 3 wins in 12 doesn't make great reading.
    Whereas being top of the league with 0 matches to play made fantastic reading.

17 points out of 36.

As I said in the other post, from the games that mattered we got 14 points out of a possible 27. The last three games which we drew were meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Whereas being top of the league with 0 matches to play made fantastic reading.
    It definitely did, my concern was form going into the next season.

It definitely did, my concern was form going into the next season.
    You're kidding right?

You're kidding right?
    No.

There was the high of winning the title, but numerous poor performances at the end of the season just showed the squad wasn't close to good enough for the Prem. The signings made ignoring Acorn didn't address the clear problems.

No.

There was the high of winning the title, but numerous poor performances at the end of the season just showed the squad wasn't close to good enough for the Prem. The signings made ignoring Acorn didn't address the clear problems.
    Hull won none of their last 4 games and also got 17 points from their last 12 games that season, were promoted with us and stayed up the following season.