+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is this right?

Is this right?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40917017

Man City, sign a player send him straight out on loan to a Club (Girona) who already have 4 of their players on loan.

Re: Is this right?

this is what is wrong with football

I suppose it's just like having a development squad...

It is correct. Girona have just been promoted to La Liga & also have a player on loan from Stoke. I suppose it's a cheap way for Girona to strengthen their squad & the Man City players get top flight experience in Spain.

I was looking the day how many players Chelsea have out on loan - it's currently at 26 & the transfer window still has over 2 weeks to run. It's crazy how Chelsea do this year on year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    It is correct. Girona have just been promoted to La Liga & also have a player on loan from Stoke. I suppose it's a cheap way for Girona to strengthen their squad & the Man City players get top flight experience in Spain.

I was looking the day how many players Chelsea have out on loan - it's currently at 26 & the transfer window still has over 2 weeks to run. It's crazy how Chelsea do this year on year.
    Did they have something like 50 players out n loan last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post

Is it correct? Will any of these players actually get a game for their parent club, very doubtful in many cases where this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Is it correct? Will any of these players actually get a game for their parent club, very doubtful in many cases where this is happening.
    Those who don't play for Chelsea however seem to find other clubs in the Prem / Champ and equivalent leagues. Chelsea's view will be sales pays for the investment.

Seems wrong though that a Club can loan 5 players to another Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Seems wrong though that a Club can loan 5 players to another Club.
    Of course it is wrong, not only morally and ethically wrong, it smacks of corruption

They seem to be non-playing commodities. Bought up to generate loan fees and then he'll be sold for a profit (possibly).