+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did anyone else have a problem with season tickets not working at the turnstiles?

Did anyone else have a problem with season tickets not working at the turnstiles?

Many people (including myself) had a problem yesterday in that the electronic chips on their season ticket cards were not recognised by the turnstiles. The situation was rather chaotic and many of the stewards were redirecting us to stewards that we had already spoken to (and without any success). Eventually, we were all told to queue up at the ticket office, where the queues were very long and there would have been no chance to be in the stadium until the game was well underway. I managed to blag my way in through the main entrance but many other poor souls would not have been so fortunate.

Re: Did anyone else have a problem with season tickets not working at the turnstiles?

Yes my mate did at Gate 3...not sure if the gate is relevant though.

Re: Did anyone else have a problem with season tickets not working at the turnstiles?

I saw three having issue which lead to an awkward, and tight, turnaround in the turnstile while others were waiting to get through.

The woman in front of me had trouble, she put her ticket in the light went orange but she could n`t grasp she had to push the turnstile.

I usually use Gate 5 but the queue's were so long I went to Gate 9 instead and got through no problem. There were a few people having issues with their cards so there was some sort of problem.

I'm glad I verified my card was active with the ticket office last week.

I think the problem was with some of the new cards. One of ours had problems, ticket office did him a new card straight away.

My mother was with me at the game yesterday, she put her ticket in and pulled the turnstile from the right, instead of pushing the turnstile in front of her

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The woman in front of me had trouble, she put her ticket in the light went orange but she could n`t grasp she had to push the turnstile.
    That was Mrs R.

No problem

Yes, me and my mate did.
    Quickly dealt with by a very efficient and apologetic steward who gave us paper tickets and let us in.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    No problem
    Thanks. I look forward to another 24,500 replies of a similar nature.

There were 3 or 4 people in front of me, and 2 people to the turnstile to my right that had problems and it seemed isolated to new season ticket cards. Stewards told them to sort it out at ticket office. It answered the question why the queue for ticket office was so big prior to me turning up at gate 3.
    Spedger

I put my card and was rewarded with a smashing 3 nil win

Mine worked fine, but a few people in front of me in Gate 3 had problems (probably shortcutters who'd come from 4/5)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    That was Mrs R.
    It was the Magners not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    That was Mrs R.
    you should have took Roxanne instead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    you should have took Roxanne instead
    She would have been waiting for a red light.