Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barcelona v Real Madrid. Terrible kit clash

Re: Barcelona v Real Madrid. Terrible kit clash

Asensio is brilliant. He'd be in my team before Bale

Asensio is turning into some player isn't he

Asensio 1-3. What a goal,

This guy will be the worlds best footballer in the next 5 years.

This may be a blessing in disguise for Barcelona. They need a serious rebuild

seems to be loads of RM fans in the Barca crowd

families / tourists i guess rather than hard core

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Asensio is brilliant. He'd be in my team before Bale
    Looking a little ominous for Bale at the moment isn't it, did nothing in this game really. Asensio looks a better option right now, as does Isco in fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    seems to be loads of RM fans in the Barca crowd

families / tourists i guess rather than hard core
    I hate Spanish football fans Mike. It's the most sanitised football in the world. Passionless

FT Barca 1 - 3 RM

Second leg on Weds, 10pm UK time

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Looking a little ominous for Bale at the moment isn't it, did nothing in this game really. Asensio looks a better option right now, as does Isco in fairness.
    Bale is still getting back to fitness. It doesn't help his team mates not passing to him when he's in a good position to score. Both Benzema and Marcelo guilty tonight, and as good as Isco is the way he plays where he wants to dribble and have multiple touches doesn't suit Bale who needs to be released early so he can stretch the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bale is still getting back to fitness. It doesn't help his team mates not passing to him when he's in a good position to score. Both Benzema and Marcelo guilty tonight, and as good as Isco is the way he plays where he wants to dribble and have multiple touches doesn't suit Bale who needs to be released early so he can stretch the defence.
    Bale hasn't look himself for about 8 months because of injury and it's a real shame. In Ireland he was pretty poor by his standards and obviously since then had niggles until now. Asensio looks a real star in the making though, really hard to leave him out of that front three now.

I hate Spanish football fans Mike. It's the most sanitised football in the world. Passionless
    I'm only recently a watcher of it. The commentators annoy me as they put on an accent and make it sound like these players are superhuman.

That said I've been to both the Nou Camp and The Bernabao (like the latter better) and it is magical. I did stadium tours rather than see a game but I do want to go back to Madrid to watch a match

Messi didn't look too happy. Maybe jump a sinking ship? Man City? I'd love him in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Messi didn't look too happy. Maybe jump a sinking ship? Man City? I'd love him in the prem.
    Messi is a sinking ship himself. Looks like he's lost a yard or two of pace.

Probably doesn't help that his quality of team mate has gone from Ronaldinho to Xavi to Neymar to Delafou

I wouldn't write him off yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I wouldn't write him off yet!!
    Not writing him off but I don't think he's good as he once was. Ronaldo on the other hand seems to be getting better with age!!!

Steady on lad. He was superb last season and carried Barcelona on his own.

Neymar was poor last season apart from the odd flash of brilliance and Suarez wasn't great either.

Zidane is building a brilliant team that is i think the most balanced Real Madrid that i can remember and this has allowed Ronaldo to become a proper number 9.

Messi has to be number 6, 7, 10, 9 and sometimes even 4 at the moment cos Barca are shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I'm only recently a watcher of it. The commentators annoy me as they put on an accent and make it sound like these players are superhuman.

That said I've been to both the Nou Camp and The Bernabao (like the latter better) and it is magical. I did stadium tours rather than see a game but I do want to go back to Madrid to watch a match
    We're all different Mike but I've been to the Nou Camp,, Bernabau and a Classico game in the away end and i always came away disappointed.

Don't get me wrong if you just want to see good players it's brilliant but if you are looking for a great atmosphere and a bit of tension go to Istanbul.

Barcelona have just confirmed the signing of Paulinho ffs. May as well give the title to Madrid now.

Please Lionel get out of there while you can!

Barcelona have just confirmed the signing of Paulinho ffs. May as well give the title to Madrid now.

Please Lionel get out of there while you can!
    They should have tried to get Isco when he was out of favour at Madrid. Madrid are going to leave them in their wake this season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They should have tried to get Isco when he was out of favour at Madrid. Madrid are going to leave them in their wake this season.
    Isco is an absolute baller mate. I think he'll be Madrid's best player this season.

I never thought I'd see the day when Real Madrid are such a well run club whilst Barcelona become such a shambles.

They need to sign Thiago Alcantra amd Cesc Fabregas to give them time to restore their identity.

Isco is an absolute baller mate. I think he'll be Madrid's best player this season.

I never thought I'd see the day when Real Madrid are such a well run club whilst Barcelona become such a shambles.

They need to sign Thiago Alcantra amd Cesc Fabregas to give them time to restore their identity.
    I think we are going to see a sustained period of dominance domestically from Madrid.

I just hope we dont see Barcelona slide into a slump like the Milan clubs have in Italy.

Think we all counted out barca a little to early should be 14 points clear of Madrid as long as they don't do anything daft

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Think we all counted out barca a little to early should be 14 points clear of Madrid as long as they don't do anything daft
    Funny old game isn’t it?
    Watching the Supercopa, Madrid battered them twice. Completely outclassed Barca.

4 months later Barca are destroying La Liga again.

12 v 10. Madrid got no chance.