+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you start the same eleven to play Sheffield Utd?

Would you start the same eleven to play Sheffield Utd?

My only possible change would be to start Richards.

Re: Would you start the same eleven to play Sheffield Utd?

The trouble is we don't know if anyone's picked up a slight knock or needs a rest. Bennett looked to be injured, so Richards would be a definite for me.

I'd like to see Tomlin in action, probably instead of Ralls but that's no reflection on Ralls' performance. Probably stating the bleedin obvious, but a win tomorrow would really help the momentum.

Richards in for Bennett
    Tomlin in for Damour
    Are the likely changes.

If we can, yes. Don't risk anyone with a knock but the lads that started on Saturday must be full of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The trouble is we don't know if anyone's picked up a slight knock or needs a rest. Bennett looked to be injured, so Richards would be a definite for me.

I'd like to see Tomlin in action, probably instead of Ralls but that's no reflection on Ralls' performance. Probably stating the bleedin obvious, but a win tomorrow would really help the momentum.
    And it's Tomlin for Ralls for me

I do want to see Tomlin finding top form, but at the moment I wouldn't break up the midfield three that are gelling so nicely

I think Sheffield Utd will be our hardest challenge yet as they are confident and will come expecting to get something from the game. I'd say if we win this one then we really will have something to start getting excited about.

I think Villa are shot already. They're playing to a game plan that doesn't work against quick teams, and this league is increasingly moving towards pace and power being the minimum required to compete.

I was thinking the 2 changes myself but I agree Sheffield will be very tough. Am I right in thinking that Saturdays defeat was their first since January?

What a great problem to have.
    Let's leave it with Neil, he's called the first two games spot on

Absolutely. It is absolutely brilliant to have complete confidence in the manager. Sure, he will make mistakes but he'll have more masterstrokes than errors. He's the best manager we've had in a long, long time.

Never change a winning team especially after a fantastic performance. Nobody deserves to be dropped. Only if Bennett is injured would I change anything.

I can't believe the posters thinking Tomlin will come in for Ralls tomorrow. Not a chance in hell imo. One of Joe's best games for us, lost count of the number of tackles he won. Warnocks post match interview on ifollow shows exactly how much he thinks of Ralls. Players like Joe always go unnoticed but are vital to a balance of a team. He totally nullified Whelan Saturday and will definitely retain his place. Glad Warnock is our manager. Stick to supporting and leave the tactics to our gaffer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think Sheffield Utd will be our hardest challenge yet as they are confident and will come expecting to get something from the game. I'd say if we win this one then we really will have something to start getting excited about.

I think Villa are shot already. They're playing to a game plan that doesn't work against quick teams, and this league is increasingly moving towards pace and power being the minimum required to compete.

I watched Sheffield United a few times last season. They are quite quick and physically strong , but rely a lot on a midfielder Fleck who controls a lot af the ball for them. If he can be nullified (maybe by Damour?) , then we have a far better chance of coming out on top as their "Plan B" looked a little limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Never change a winning team especially after a fantastic performance. Nobody deserves to be dropped. Only if Bennett is injured would I change anything.
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    I can't believe the posters thinking Tomlin will come in for Ralls tomorrow. Not a chance in hell imo. One of Joe's best games for us, lost count of the number of tackles he won. Warnocks post match interview on ifollow shows exactly how much he thinks of Ralls. Players like Joe always go unnoticed but are vital to a balance of a team. He totally nullified Whelan Saturday and will definitely retain his place. Glad Warnock is our manager. Stick to supporting and leave the tactics to our gaffer!!
    And this!

Im sure Warnock and his staff will have scouted Sheff U and will come up with a gameplan to suit the opposition. If that means a change of personnel then so be it.

People who say never change a winning team are living in the dark ages. Squad rotation is all part of the game now.

Warnock showed last season he wasnt afraid to mix up a winning team.

^^^^ As stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Im sure Warnock and his staff will have scouted Sheff U and will come up with a gameplan to suit the opposition. If that means a change of personnel then so be it.

People who say never change a winning team are living in the dark ages. Squad rotation is all part of the game now.

Agree, different team, different way of playing equals squad changes to match them. That's the modern game and it's great that we have different options and can set up differently to suit the opposition.

Trust Neil I say.

For once I'll trust the managers decision on team selection :O

yep

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    I'm sure we all trust Warnock, however the OP asked directly if YOU would start the same eleven against Sheffield UTD.

Personally, I would and agreed with posters who said the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    ^^^^^^ This

Isn't it fantastic that we seem to have a squad that has 5-6 players who could come in and keep the overall quality at a similar level

This.
    Judging by our first two league games looks like the first time we're actually studying and scouting our opposition and playing to our advantage to beat them

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Agree, different team, different way of playing equals squad changes to match them. That's the modern game and it's great that we have different options and can set up differently to suit the opposition.

Trust Neil I say.
    I think we all "trust Neil".
    That doesn't mean that as fans we cannot have opinions!