+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whitts Subbed On 57th

Whitts Subbed On 57th

Not got any details why he was subbed so early other than they were losing and its was the 57th minute , if it was injury fine, if not , he must have nudged the managers thoughts at half time , felt he had to give him have him another 15 ,before pulling him off ?

Just amusing, don't know really ,

Re: Whitts Subbed On 57th

Why is it amusing?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why is it amusing?
    The only thing amusing about it is that the OP has no idea why he was subbed at all, and chooses to speculate. He should ask on their board, because I doubt anyone here was at Blackburn's game this weekend.

Why is it amusing?
    He doesn't know really.

It was part of a double substitution & Whittingham was replaced with a forward which suggests that it was a tactical move. Personally I don't find it amusing in the slightest & hope that Whitts does really well there.

Why is it amusing?
    Assuming, typing with me foot ,still pissed from post match celebrations lol

Took this off one of their forums:

....."Ive also previously queried Peter Whittingham's performances in the pre season topic having not heard or read anything about him in the match reports. Having seen him play for the first time on Saturday (admittedly on a stream) I am concerned. He just looked too slow and lightweight for a physical encounter away at Southend. He didn't seem to move from a 10 yard by 10 yard deep central area. A number of times our full backs were taking throwings and looking for outlets; he didn't make himself available despite being in space. The game just seemed to pass him by. I really hope he isn't Danny Murphy mk II. Maybe he will be more suited at home on a slick playing surface?"

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Assuming, typing with me foot ,still pissed from post match celebrations lol
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Took this off one of their forums:

....."Ive also previously queried Peter Whittingham's performances in the pre season topic having not heard or read anything about him in the match reports. Having seen him play for the first time on Saturday (admittedly on a stream) I am concerned. He just looked too slow and lightweight for a physical encounter away at Southend. He didn't seem to move from a 10 yard by 10 yard deep central area. A number of times our full backs were taking throwings and looking for outlets; he didn't make himself available despite being in space. The game just seemed to pass him by. I really hope he isn't Danny Murphy mk II. Maybe he will be more suited at home on a slick playing surface?"
    That's pretty much the opinion of some of their fans following the Doncaster defeat. Some scathing comments. Of course, you'd expect this after the start they've made to the season and Whitts has hardly been made their scapegoat.

My worry is that stepping down a division might not be the best for him in terms of what he can offer, where midfields tend to be more physical, where players don't often have the same speed of thought or make the same runs and where pitches aren't always as good. I can't see Whitts as a player to drag a League 1 side out of trouble but I can see him as a bit part player for a Championship promotion seeking team, which he didn't want.

I think back to Graham Kavanagh, who would had his critics when we were in the third tier, yet was more idolised when he played for us and showed better form in this division and also managed a good spell with Wigan in the top flight.

Why is it amusing?
    Why is it not? good riddens to a total free loader

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Why is it not? good riddens to a total free loader
    It's not as amusing as this new account of yours. Boring ****.

And some still think he could do a job for us. He wouldn't get anywhere near our starting 11.

I think his contract offer on lower wages was more to pay back his loyalty to the club rather than because we actually need him in our squad.

He's past his best, he's moved on; time to do the same!

It's not as amusing as this new account of yours. Boring ****.
    boring...im really insulted..

2/10 must try harder